10+ Year Old Account

[Music] The most recent song you've heard that you're totally into

Any and all genres are welcome. Post a song/artist/whatever that you've very, very recently discovered that you've been really into.

I've known of Metric for a long time but haven't really gone out of my way to listen to any of it, then I heard Shade today at work on an indie station from Toronto. If they do less mellow-depressed stuff and more upbeat, happy, heartwarming melodies like this, I'm absolutely on board! Totally into the heartfelt chorus! I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, I want it all!

I'm a total sucker for any bleep-bloop effects too. I don't really know what to call it, so I just say it has an electro influence. I know that's completely wrong, but people seem to get it.

⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    Heard it on the radio. Can't stop listening to it. Too catchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    Heard it on the radio. Can't stop listening to it. Too catchy.

Wow Littlefinger, I didn't expect you to be into something so upbeat!

No but seriously it's catchy and fast, I'm diggin' it!

- - - Updated - - -

Here's another artist I discovered on the same radio station a few weeks earlier, Courtney Barnett!

Again, the chorus. The chorus, the chorus, the chorus. I'm so obsessed with melodic, catchy, rhyming, proper syllabilized (?) choruses. And her lyrics are super clever too. "I'm having an existential time crisis, what bliss! Daylight savings won't fix this mess!" I remember smiling once that verse processed like "Damn, that's good!"

Aside from Nirvana, Courtney was my first introduction to deadpan/careless vocals. And after listening to this song a few times, trying to figure out of I liked it or not, I decided I was into it, and checked out the album...which is NOTHING like this single. Her album's actually pretty happy & everyday life-nothing special singing, just about...whatever, man. Pretty chill, and it's one of those albums you can just leave on repeat for a few hours. Pedestrian At Best is definitely her craziest song.\
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2015-05-19 at 11:39 PM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Fun fact, found it whilst I was trying to get my mind off Kingsman. Had no idea Take That had made a song for it.

Other than that, most of the music I've recently heard and am completely into ain't new per say to the world. Heard the song "Trawlerman's Song" by Mark Knopfler just a few months ago and still can't get enough of it, despite having loved Dire Straits/Mark Knopfler for 20 odd years (since I was 9 and heard Calling Elvis on the radio for the first time).

Time to go rescue my hamster from herself...again...

10+ Year Old Account
    This one!

Thread Necroing is not allowed. Infracted. Closing This.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2018-08-31 at 07:04 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Not exactly a new song, but lately I cannot stop listening to Run The Jewels and this song in particular

been a bit lazy with looking up new stuff lately.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.