Page 28 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valarius View Post
    You mean Ramsay isn't your personal hero? But I thought fiction influenced real life!
    Stannis is my personal hero. That dude fucking rocks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well other people watch it, I don't live in a bubble, peoples opinions and attitudes are developed through influence, if people watching this show thing, Rape like that is along the same lines of fantasy as Dragons, I think that should be addressed.
    It's just a TV Show, no one got hurt, it's not real.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    What might be delicious for your mind, Mall Security, is that some fans are arguing that the rape is being used by the show's creators as a means for the girl's character development.

Basically screams of "women characters only evolve through rape!!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Then you should watch the bedding of Daenarys with Drogo, when GoT was still in its infancy.

And how does a portrayal of rape influence people? Unless you're brain damaged, you know rape is bad. Is a sudden increase of rape portrayals in the media going to start changing the minds of the masses and create some sort of rape acceptance movement?

Hell, i can't believe i just typed this nonsense.
    We sure about that, because Media seems to influence people, hell there is an entire industry of marketing that sells everything from bath soap, to political ads, what people see, what they consume does have an impact.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    We sure about that, because Media seems to influence people, hell there is an entire industry of marketing that sells everything from bath soap, to political ads, what people see, what they consume does have an impact.
    It's just a TV Show, no one got hurt, it's not real.

"BUY RAPE TODAY"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well other people watch it, I don't live in a bubble, peoples opinions and attitudes are developed through influence, if people watching this show thing, Rape like that is along the same lines of fantasy as Dragons, I think that should be addressed.
    But rape isn't fantasy!!! That's the entire point! The story portrays things that happen in real life and throws them in your face!

Deleted
    What might be delicious for your mind, Mall Security, is that some fans are arguing that the rape is being used by the show's creators as a means for the girl's character development.

Yes thats why arya got raped and little skin cancer princess too.

Its one way sure but apparently not the only way.

Seriously, the fuck?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    You say that about every other thread. We are misogynists to you. If you hate this place so much why do you keep coming back here?
    because someones who mind wont change, think they can change others minds. sadly this is how SJWs think. they are steadfast in their laughable beliefs, and think they'll show us all enlightenment.

My Point of View was that maybe the shows Creators were giving us all a taste of how it was in medieval times. and how maybe fucking not black and white it was? like sure Ramsay didnt care about her "feelings" on their very rough and unfun Wedding night, but that excuses her from wanting to have his child to take over the north? or are we supposed to JUST be mad at Ramsay when shes Marring him to kill him off so she can have her Family avenged? or again are we supposed to say oh its a show so of course all the characters have motives?

i mean if i was a SJW id just excuse the woman because she was "TV Raped", and blame the man for eventually dying to her plans to kill everyone who hurt her family. . .but the "TV Rape" was the Worse thing that happened! not the countless Deaths this woman is Manipulating this man to do, just her cuz she was "TV Raped"!

10+ Year Old Account

Ok, well so it is, it still a pretty fucked up scene, I'll just end with I support the Senator, and will continue avoiding this show, now with intent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Really man? Are we really gonna argue that the media will eventually make rape okay?

Deleted
    Every time a character has been raped, the writers have written it as though the character broke a wrist—it sucked, but once it was done, it was done. Dany fell in love with her rapist. Cersei continued to love hers. No one got PTSD. No one ever talked about it again.

Willing to bet the show spends more time on the drama of Jamie’s hand than on Sansa’s rape.

Showing rape as though it’s a plot point that can just be glossed over later on? Now that’s unrealistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Stannis is my personal hero. That dude fucking rocks.
    Stannis the Mannis of House Baratheon, First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men, Lord of the Seven Kingdoms, and Protector of the Realm \o\
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    But Protar said she was crying. I'm confused now :3
    Go watch the clip, only one I see crying is Theon. She makes a sad face.

What would be great is if next week we find out that is Sansa's part of Littlefinger's grand plan. That she went along with it to put herself into a position of political power with rights to the Boltons land. That they will fall, and she will take over not only the North, but the Dreadfort as well.

But nope, Sansa is only a victim, not capable of sacrifice for gain like the male characters. She can't be like the elder Bolton, who took the ugliest ass wife possible off of Walder for political gain, and had to fuck that ugly ugly wife to gain politically. Yet he sucked it up and did it.
    Last edited by Korgoth; 2015-05-21 at 07:14 PM.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Chelly
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Also Rape = Dragons? The fuck are you on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Seriously, the fuck?
    From a couple of pages ago:
    Dragons didn't exist, thus it isn't anymore historically accurate than rape, if you have rape in the show, you could just as easily not have it in there just like you can have anything else.

And lots of books fiction get made into TV shows and movies, and not all of what is in books that is fictional is put into movies or film. It isn't an argument about authenticity as it pertains to realism.

10+ Year Old Account
    and will continue avoiding this show, now with intent.
    So, considering you've been saying the media influences people and adding your refusal to watch a tv show, are you implying that you'd feel moved enough to go out and start raping people?

10+ Year Old Account
    But rape isn't fantasy!!! That's the entire point! The story portrays things that happen in real life and throws them in your face!
    Yeah, along with Dragons is my point, as I said I'll end by supporting the Senator, and avoiding the show, unless someone can make a good argument of how a fucking show with Dragons that aren't real are going to get across the pitfalls of showing a girl being forced to have sex as part of needed story telling.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyshade View Post
    Every time a character has been raped, the writers have written it as though the character broke a wrist—it sucked, but once it was done, it was done. Dany fell in love with her rapist. Cersei continued to love hers. No one got PTSD. No one ever talked about it again.

Willing to bet the show spends more time on the drama of Jamie’s hand than on Sansa’s rape.

Showing rape as though it’s a plot point that can just be glossed over later on? Now that’s unrealistic.
    If they didnt get over it you would complain that they are weak persons.
    Stupid damsels sitting there full of PSTD waiting to get rescued.

Meh if you do damn if you dont.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get off your fucking high horse and get over yourself, it´s a fucking tv show, people get raped in real life and people where raped in past wars. Should the show that depicts brutal violence and death be some pony rainbow fairy land that has no rape in it? that would be really out of character for the show and it would be out of character of Ramsey Bolton not to behave like that to his new wife, hell that dude hunted girls in the forest and raped them and let his dogs eat them while they where still alive in the books.

Get over it.
    Last edited by Torched; 2015-05-21 at 07:24 PM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Go watch the clip, only one I see crying is Theon. She makes a sad face.

What would be great is if next week we find out that is Sansa's part of Littlefinger's grand plan. That she went along with it to put herself into a position of political power with rights to the Boltons land. That they will fall, and she will take over not only the North, but the Dreadfort as well.

But nope, Sansa is only a victim, not capable of sacrifice for gain like the male characters.
    I know, I was joking. Apparently making a sad face = crying according to him. At least when rape is concerned, because "(portrayal of) rape should be treated with special care in a TV show" or something.

Yeah, along with Dragons is my point, as I said I'll end by supporting the Senator, and avoiding the show, unless someone can make a good argument of how a fucking show with Dragons that aren't real are going to get across the pitfalls of showing a girl being forced to have sex as part of needed story telling.
    Nobody cares. Don't watch it.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.