Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Emma Sulkowicz: Pretty Little Liar

Seems some hub-bub at university of Columbia.

Posters like

and

Have started popping up all over campus, despite the efforts of certain groups to tear them all down more are going up all the time.

What is GenOT's thoughts on this issue?

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like a twitter account was made to take credit;

https://twitter.com/fakerape

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-rape-her.html

What a crazy mess. Three girls accused him of sexual assault, one rape. He was cleared of the charges but the parties involved and their supporters won't let it go.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

heh, this one made me giggle but WTF does Sarskin have to do with this event?

On a related note: Emma Sulkowicz was given the Woman of the Year award by the National Organization for Women (NOW) and also invited to Obama's inauguration speech by her congresswoman. Interesting...
    Last edited by Raxis; 2015-05-22 at 03:55 AM.

Trial by media is a scary thing.

Leave the posters up!!!

If those posters said "Expel the rapist (guys name here) I am sure those dickweeds tearing them down would be out posting gaurd on them.

The guy is innocent. Case closed.

Nothing like a false rape accusation thread to lighten up my day.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    Solution: Get a monolithic rock. Carve the poster's image into it.

No possible way for them to tear it down or cover it up.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

The complaint being filed by the guy who was accused of rape is an interesting read while also obliterating the myth of Emma Sulkowicz as some sort of victim. I think this might have been what was meant with the phrase: "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."

http://www.scribd.com/doc/262956362/...iled-Complaint

Did a project on this kinda thing once...

Welcome to the age of mass media and mass consumption. Thank God that actual legal punishment still has to follow due process, because the public and media make up their minds before a trial even begins, and all "facts" are used or ignored to fit a narrative they've predefined.

There should be some kinda of Acquitted protection program along the same veins of witness protection, because in todays world if the media catches wind of a juicy accusation, that persons life is already over whether or not they are found innocent. Should be a way for a person to disappear and start over.

- - - Updated - - -

also...the grammer in those kids messages makes my eyes bleed

I'm usually not one for smear campaigns, but great googly moogly she deserves one so bad.

A guy named Adam came out accusing rape. He's been cleared of that too with solid evidence. Really hope that guy takes all involved down after he finishes that lawsuit against the school.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Given her insistence on her carrying her little "project" during graduation--against university policy...

The bitch deserves at least some shit slung her way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I'm usually not one for smear campaigns, but great googly moogly she deserves one so bad.

A guy named Adam came out accusing rape. He's been cleared of that too with solid evidence. Really hope that guy takes all involved down after he finishes that lawsuit against the school.
    He'll get his day.

The fact that the university did nothing about her carrying her mattress on graduation speaks volumes about the university.
    Last edited by THE Bigzoman; 2015-05-22 at 04:55 AM.

I could never endorse this sort of thing because there's no way for me, personally, to know that she's actually a liar (or at the very least doesn't sincerely believe what she claims).

Whoever did this is kind of creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Whoever did this is kind of creepy.
    It's pretty restrained compared to what she (and the Columbia school administration) put that guy through.

Deleted
    problem with trial by media is that there is no "cleared of all charges", no due process and the feelings >>> facts narrative.

Also, I wonder how she likes the taste of the smear stew she has been dishing out for so long. And great how some people are fighting on his behalf now. Seems like common sense isn't dead just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    I could never endorse this sort of thing because there's no way for me, personally, to know that she's actually a liar (or at the very least doesn't sincerely believe what she claims).
    There is nothing sincere about her. Carrying the matress to graduation in defiance of the faculty speaks volumes about her character.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Very interesting case. He was found innocent by police and the school. She sent text to him for monts being friendly then one day accuses him of rape. On the other side three other women have accused him of sexual assault. Both of them seem to be lying about something.
    Thank you for clarifying what this topic was about. I was lost as to who she was but figured it involved false rape claims

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    There is nothing sincere about her. Carrying the matress to graduation in defiance of the faculty speaks volumes about her character.
    I agree. She was "raped" (allegedly) and decides to use this to get an A in a project and carry around a constant reminder of her assault? Cause after being raped the first thing on your mind is good grades and reminding the world of what happened right?

If I was a female rape victim I would hate her guts.

Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    It's pretty restrained compared to what she (and the Columbia school administration) put that guy through.
    One's behavior doesn't excuse another. Especially considering this was almost certainly done by a third party.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Very interesting case. He was found innocent by police and the school. She sent text to him for monts being friendly then one day accuses him of rape. On the other side three other women have accused him of sexual assault. Both of them seem to be lying about something.
    One of which was boiled down to "every time I saw him we had sex (while they were bf and gf). Therefore, I was forced to have sex with him"

The other was a baseless accusation of groping where the victim couldn't identify the assailant.