10+ Year Old Account

Disc - M Iron Maidens

The mechanics that require CoW are pretty easy to nullify, but do people have some good macros for Convulsive Shadows?

Is it better to macro that with PWS or CoW since you have ~4 to cast CoW if youre on the ball or is PWS enough to mitigate the brunt of the dispel damage? Also, have you (as a disc priest) been able to shield AND dispel? Or do you typically leave the dispels up to other players?

My raid leader had a WeakAura for it, I'll get him to export it and post it here. As to how to handle it, AFAIK, our disc dumps one CoW as soon as it's announced + a PWS, druid uses Ironbark if they don't have a solid personal, and either our shaman or I (holy) dispel it. But if you can spare a proper 3minute (Pain Sup, Guardian Spirit) you can just dispel it right off the bat.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-05-28 at 04:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

A single PWS during archangel or an enchanced FH if he's missing some hp is enough nowadays. We have 40k more hp than we did during progress 3 months ago, so we really only need a 30k absorption to survive it.

10+ Year Old Account
    1 PW shield has always been more than enough for me to deal with convulsive shadows. I've never had anyone die from that before. And yes, if you have sorka focused (which you should) she targets the person she casts it on about 2 seconds before the actual cast. Gives you more than enough time to pw:s before it gets casted on them, and then dispel
    Arthas Logs] | Azgalor Logs | Twitch | Pearl91#1607
    "I am a chemical engineer. To save time, lets just assume that I am never wrong."

all i used was /focus on sorka and increase the size of her target's unit frames. then all you need to have is the timer and voila.

Deleted
    Heres my weakaura for Convulsive shadow, i got it from a forum:

Code:
    da07eaGifQlrPkgfPWPifnlkvLBrPYUiLggsQJHuwMc6zibttkCnsW2Ok(gvPXPaNJuzDuQs3Je5GqHfkfLhIe1fLIQnIK4JiHoPuQwje3ukHDQq(PusdvkILIK0tLmvO6QKO(QukZLu1Eb)LszWehwrlwkrpMsMSuDzrBwqFMKgnvLtJ41irMnu62cSBL(nfdNQQLdPNl00rDDQSDKQVlfPXtcDEOO1tPQA)QgOb4qfavhQoGdvOz5Iy)jmQHxOuS1WWyYWi78QvNoDkqJMxAd8QauDs0p2jM4PImu2JfuwUiBcWtfzOcDRftmRgAEKlxUCbnzh6EzmLnlDh2iHEAVxgFrR2lTHHnlZYtu1KpsU9JCKJCKJCKJCKJCKJCKJCKJafMTgggtgOIDEPMcEgOWqDngQBOoDdBaH21WluOPkXS4y6pHItfzOSCr2eGNkYk7Vp5eQKEUmuKLW2Smb(XMC2Hr0GAAXeZgbCOI8eLbCOIg32HQ9Lt0WPvQhJEV1nQVTCsjmCOZO(wKDYuFzCBpQNQKvLSQnXNztTgvvO6gBrJB7qZagQqYsI(aCOIg32HQ9Lt0WPvQhJEV1nQVTCsjmCOZO(wKDYuFzCBpQNQKvLSQnXNztTgvvO6gBrJB7qlbgyOiDOSmlDh2iHEEHNOQjdfJsuvtuahkgt)juwUiBcGYYfztGngt)juj9CzOCX0MBjm0mO6o0jtmlukavspxocLYJAh3goguLInhhklxKnbqf6wlMywns65Y23f3synpYLlxUqcVqXKvEj8OzqQHBjSMxusPlJB(gAqTs0lLbLsZXxMB)IYlHP8mYKvT9n0OHBjSMxusPlJPSzP7Wgj0ZlLVz30044lSVCpYLlxUC5YLlTHHnlZYtu1KVO0fkMSYlHhndsnClHVOv7LX8evn5XAEKlxUC5YLlxUC5Yf0KDO7fg1Lh5YLlxUC5YLC7h5YLlxYTFKlxUC5ixUC5YrUC5YLJC5YLlh5YLlxoYLlxUCKlxUC5ihbk3M0ZLHA6yduwUiBcS5J0tOysq2bgQMs6SpGkd84rxJHduGc0O2ZaDdhaH21yauZLemzIzbCOcMKfWHIX0FcLF0mMmu(rZyYq1sJBTsGbgQ1fGJsuvt0imIgu(sIQpgOIhp0A4XJcEPrTxDEgqn1qODn8cfwZSd4q1jHHelhwgtahQahwMa4admuOgSjGdvGdltaCGbgkEInxgWHkWHLjaoWadf60kbCOcCyzcGdmWad1S3jmXStS2yuIQAIgbCGbgQiud1stl1APau0Hr0AmKgWaaa
    Theres a sound when it goes off (was already there), and i also made it jumpy and in middle of my screen. No way you can miss that. Rest i just focus Sorka and pw:s her target, wich is enough, and let another healer dispel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Heres my weakaura for Convulsive shadow, i got it from a forum:

Code:
    da07eaGifQlrPkgfPWPifnlkvLBrPYUiLggsQJHuwMc6zibttkCnsW2Ok(gvPXPaNJuzDuQs3Je5GqHfkfLhIe1fLIQnIK4JiHoPuQwje3ukHDQq(PusdvkILIK0tLmvO6QKO(QukZLu1Eb)LszWehwrlwkrpMsMSuDzrBwqFMKgnvLtJ41irMnu62cSBL(nfdNQQLdPNl00rDDQSDKQVlfPXtcDEOO1tPQA)QgOb4qfavhQoGdvOz5Iy)jmQHxOuS1WWyYWi78QvNoDkqJMxAd8QauDs0p2jM4PImu2JfuwUiBcWtfzOcDRftmRgAEKlxUCbnzh6EzmLnlDh2iHEAVxgFrR2lTHHnlZYtu1KpsU9JCKJCKJCKJCKJCKJCKJCKJafMTgggtgOIDEPMcEgOWqDngQBOoDdBaH21WluOPkXS4y6pHItfzOSCr2eGNkYk7Vp5eQKEUmuKLW2Smb(XMC2Hr0GAAXeZgbCOI8eLbCOIg32HQ9Lt0WPvQhJEV1nQVTCsjmCOZO(wKDYuFzCBpQNQKvLSQnXNztTgvvO6gBrJB7qZagQqYsI(aCOIg32HQ9Lt0WPvQhJEV1nQVTCsjmCOZO(wKDYuFzCBpQNQKvLSQnXNztTgvvO6gBrJB7qlbgyOiDOSmlDh2iHEEHNOQjdfJsuvtuahkgt)juwUiBcGYYfztGngt)juj9CzOCX0MBjm0mO6o0jtmlukavspxocLYJAh3goguLInhhklxKnbqf6wlMywns65Y23f3synpYLlxUqcVqXKvEj8OzqQHBjSMxusPlJB(gAqTs0lLbLsZXxMB)IYlHP8mYKvT9n0OHBjSMxusPlJPSzP7Wgj0ZlLVz30044lSVCpYLlxUC5YLlTHHnlZYtu1KVO0fkMSYlHhndsnClHVOv7LX8evn5XAEKlxUC5YLlxUC5Yf0KDO7fg1Lh5YLlxUC5YLC7h5YLlxYTFKlxUC5ixUC5YrUC5YLJC5YLlh5YLlxoYLlxUCKlxUC5ihbk3M0ZLHA6yduwUiBcS5J0tOysq2bgQMs6SpGkd84rxJHduGc0O2ZaDdhaH21yauZLemzIzbCOcMKfWHIX0FcLF0mMmu(rZyYq1sJBTsGbgQ1fGJsuvt0imIgu(sIQpgOIhp0A4XJcEPrTxDEgqn1qODn8cfwZSd4q1jHHelhwgtahQahwMa4admuOgSjGdvGdltaCGbgkEInxgWHkWHLjaoWadf60kbCOcCyzcGdmWad1S3jmXStS2yuIQAIgbCGbgQiud1stl1APau0Hr0AmKgWaaa
    Theres a sound when it goes off (was already there), and i also made it jumpy and in middle of my screen. No way you can miss that. Rest i just focus Sorka and pw:s her target, wich is enough, and let another healer dispel.
    Thank you for this!! Im not at home currently so I cant implement it, but could you post a screen shot of what this looks like on the UI when it is in use?

Alternatively, bigwigs can be set to give you a notification when she targets someone with convulsive shadow. Says the target with their class color and everything, it's very nice. Not sure if dbm has a similar feature.

We generally have myself pws and the shaman dispel in a 1-2 punch, but you can do it all yourself too, as you should have a shield on your target before the debuff even goes out. one pws should be more than enough to handle the dispel, especially as classes that have them should be using personals. There's no reason not to...there's nothing that hits harder in that encounter to use it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrose View Post
    Alternatively, bigwigs can be set to give you a notification when she targets someone with convulsive shadow. Says the target with their class color and everything, it's very nice. Not sure if dbm has a similar feature.
    I like the BigWigs method, the only problem is trying to cross-correlate the name to position on the unit frame then start casting a CoW.
    I already had more then enough personal responsibilities on maidens since I was the only priest so I made an addon to make the unit frame glow in ElvUI so there was a nice visual indicator of the person who it was going to be on. This gave me more then enough time to CoW (with Borrowed Time), PWS, then dispel.

Just use a weakaura to acquire the target and put a CoW if you can. PWS for emergency absorb then dispel them.

Deleted
    Code:
    dyuajaqjGK(eu0OGcNckzwcj6waLDju1WOkDmOYYqf9mGuttOY1uQ02qP6Bqv14qfoNqjRtij3tOWbvQyHcXdvQYeHQYfbIncv5JqPmsGeNev1kvv9sHemtHuUPcLDIk9tGQHkuQLQq8uIPQKRQq1wfk6RcPAUcj1EL(RszWGomvwmkLhdyYk6YQSzvLpRGrtv50iwTqc9AQQMTQCBuSBK(nKHtvSCk9CkMoPRly7OKVRqA8kv15rvwpuQ2VOlUUQ46QAftfoJhx8EJh0vyQmRm7QY(G)9zoT4bg7E5moVXflCCWb7SJFqZbh9dS4IRcpW)(mNwUG5nEVE9IJto9IFVGghN7w523JJoVzJuXCVVyJiuTseWxlWhlAGG3QIBojkbrDVn1sggoRPRQvS3abrx88CvgSOGNkZZauHnEjmkeEVPZMqmWMJTtuNpSsi6lHGcVOO7b24sfAGzzjddN1uU4Q8qUzxvcMBd45mMYwfl6DDvHj8usxvRwzs((iaHNYRRkmHNs6QA1kQ7DuTRkmHNs6QA1kwhW1vfMWtjDvTA1kKzLiphGFlcWFcXdfOtlVecwc5Br0eoMJmpQjHGLW9quwHNHW6sO4ZnrJMWLZoCAcXMff8uTcqxLlUUQmjgpphV1TVwjHvS3abrx88Cv0BFTIdqjiQPRkg1z1UQmrBabJIykBvacgfXuj6NZ)obRZeVa4OGW6OQbdm9dcRJQygLj0fSUTJYkEJp0OBhRJQyL)5F(N)5F(N)5F(N)5F(N)5F(N)5F1kekr7QYeTbemkIPSvbiyuetL8p)Rw5JqjgFDvzI2acgfX0ivacgfXuj6NZ)obRZeVa4OGW6OQbdmJmcEB8hbCUBJTdF8bcxzBpW5gZXJMWpMGSjGYo4d8OVTgHp2WgiJGjwvRwHmRe55a8Bra(tiEOaDA5LqWsiFlIMWXCK5rnjeSeUhIYk8mewxcfFUjA0eUC2Htt4YsggoBf1sggoBxvmEU3J)ScUDzhN3yvzgSoLGOv8gpUkgp37X1XCvees9rOdjCmIrRO88CvowhvReOhRJQvucZnRem3MbfSaxJuXGcwGRci0pKf4Sjuqw)UkbZTz8CVhxhZv2QCSoQwzpedBonHrdnujyUnJN794pBKkuhZvzpeLv4ziSUek(Ct0OMkabJIy28rMxfLWCZQvgLmvFfp8ZP3D5ahOXflo4CxoWHF27hy76TcnWSSKHHZAkxCv8DKbFAXJDo8UBCGg)XXPx2zNDo4WB)alUyv5HCZUQOU3r1UQWeEkPRQvRmjFFeGWt51vfMWtjDvTALG52WoIEnsfl6DDvHj8usxvRwX6aUUQWeEkPRQvRem3gaIHnN2ivWoIEvI8Ca(Tia)jepuGoT8QwXnNeLGOU3MAjddN10v1QLlNDvbiyueZ62xR8fOakbrXaR8pHjmHj8dztijg4IsqNWjk)tyctyctyctycFia3lHbkr5ptymsigyYgYyavdMyfvFilJtXGGv(NWeMWeMWeMWes(s44uIcY(eJAWiqjk)jwj0rNjCCkr56yomcuIYFIvcJrmsiMGq)qwGZMqbz97WmHQVJM)jmHjmHjmHjmHjmHjmH2tdwAchNsuUoMddmWeunQZoCkMyfvFilJtXiqjk)jwyLqKnHyIz(NWeMWeMWeMWeE0z(NWeMWeE0z(F0zfGGrrmRBFDCptNEvowhvROwYWWz7QIYZZvbiyuetfGGrrmBkppxLJ1r1kZG1PeeTYUvowhvnvImcEB8hbCUBJTdF8bcxzBpW5gZXJMWpMGSjGYo4d8OVTgHp2WgiJubiyuetLVafqjikgyLq7PblnHQnCj8OZkabJIy28rMxfLWCZQv(quTc(qwIj2XUIVJm4tlxC48w5HCZUQOU3r1UQWeEkPRQvRmjFFeGWt51vfMWtjDvTALG52WoIEnsfl6DDvHj8usxvRwX6aUUQWeEkPRQvRem3gaIHnN2ivWoIEvI8Ca(Tia)jepuGoT8Qw5drvHG9RCXXELjX4554jQdWVPcOcuXEdeeDXZZvHaGOviZkrEoa)weG)eIhkqNwEjeSeY3IOjCmhzEutcblH7HOScpdH1LqXNBIgnHlND40eUdGsq0kJsMQVYfhoVvObMLLmmCwt5IRIBojkbrDVn1sggoRPRQvMeJNNJhFaeTcFQE2phWf18bqutuB8CV3MXNBIgDBESqblHo455gcxfJ6a8BInIq1kraFTaFSQvRWQCXfhN4Q2c
    This shows a icon with a name as soon as that info is available.

I have a WA which announces who it will be cast on and vuhdo changes the color of the targets raid frame. A single pws has always been sufficient for people surviving through it, I also encourage people to pop defensives as well, just to be safe.

Deleted
    Code:
    dy0bjaqjGK(euyuaLtbLmlbHUfuLDPkyyqrhdQSmHONji10aIRjQQTHQQVjOY4uf6CckTobrUNqWbvf1cfvEOQKMiQkDrvP2iuQpcKAKajojQyLQQEPGaZuqv3uuLDIu(jq1qfuSuHKNsmvLCvvr2QGKVkeAUcIAVs)vOgmOdtLfdv1JbmzrUSkBwv5ZIYOfWPrSAbb9AbA2k1TrYUr53qgoQ0YP0ZPy6KUovTDKQVlKA8QsCEuL1JQI9R4IRRkUUQwXujYhW9aMpe6kuvsvsDv5fW)(mNwSXlCycciGGzKGejo(dliGW)J9dpqaPI9Yii2Ih3RsMf55w5EHRJLUuXVI52FHbryALCGVwGNx4FJ9QIlLikbXC7y1sYYoRPRQv4b(3N50sdK8XvjDgGk4ZBGHa)ENC2bcgOD4FI6cG1arFdeu4fcDB8EsQW8ulljl7SMsdxLnYL6QI3CXaBNXu8Ryr7RRku(Ts6QA1kjY3hbWVvEDvHYVvsxvRwrD7JPDvHYVvsxvRwX6aUUQq53kPRQvRwHKQKB7acArabhi2iplz5nq8gihlInW8CK0XmdeVb(kIr3Vne63aLaUek6bUC2SthiOTip3Qva6Q0W1vLeXWD74TUx0kdSI9Yii2Ih3RIEVOvimIgdGO4Up9sLgUkoaLGyMUQyuNv7Qscfd4nkIQ4xbWBuevLiEUGp7ToZdcGJ9M(Xudyye8n9JPyeId05TU4Jr)btau0Xh9JPyn)Z)8p)Z)8p)Z)8p)Z)8p)Z)8p)ZF1kFegXeORkjumG3OiQMRcG3OiQkr8CbF2BDMheah7n9JPgWWixuyhZjkWPfN3ZC47BAs8RGtlupfEHtOEhlGYZ8f8igVIIdOb97OWaRQvimI2vLekgWBuevXVcG3OiQkZ)8xTAfxkrucI52XQLKLDwtxvROwsw2z7QIH7T3CsvWLp)4WmSvsERtjiwfmFaxfaVrruXbiPRIsOUufLh3RYr)yAfp7OFmTIsOUufd3BVP5OUkccPbiSSbMhXOvo6htR8kIcFNoWWJYQ4nxSb5TaxZvXG8wGRYB2hYcC2bkiBqxfV5InCV9MtQ5Q4nxSH7T30CuxXVcZrDvEfXO73gc9BGsaxcfTPALOjjnqXoCrIz(pIl04c7JrM)J4ch)9dV8XScZtTSKSSZAknCvcCKSaAXM)hXmFqcD4ajsm5NF(F8rm7hEGe2kBKl1vf1TpM2vfk)wjDvTALe57Ja43kVUQq53kPRQvRyr7RRku(Ts6QA1k8bXUk52oGGweqWbInYZswEvSoGRRku(Ts6QA1kEZfdGOW3PnxfV5I5dIDnx1kKuLCBhqqlci4aXg5zjlVbI3a5yrSbMNJKoMzG4nWxrm6(THq)gOeWLqrpWLZMD6axwsw2zRwAr2vfaVrruR7fTYNNbOeedmSM)boWboWpKDGKiGled9atO5FGdCGdCGdCGdCJaC7b6zeLtAGryGGHb(iJbunyGvi9HSuofmcwZ)ah4ah4ah4ahi5BGpXi67xig1aMNruojSgOJLg4tmIsZrDG5zeLtcRbgHimqmEZ(qwGZoqbzd6WyGAGJn)dCGdCGdCGdCGdCGdCG2t9w2aFIruAoQdmWWaunQZMDkgyfsFilLtbZZikNewynqKDGyGX8pWboWboWboWbES08pWboWbES08FSufaVrruR7f9jUjNEvo6htROwsw2z7QIYJ7vbWBuevfaVrruXkpUxLJ(X0kjV1PeeRs(va8gfrfhGKUkkH6sva8gfrv5ZZaucIbgwd0EQ3YgOA93apwQYr)yQPsUOWoMtuGtloVN5W330K4xbNwOEk8cNq9owaLN5l4rmEffhqd63rvTYhIPv4lYsmHjmvcCKSaAPHdhMv2ixQRkQBFmTRku(Ts6QA1kjY3hbWVvEDvHYVvsxvRwXI2xxvO8BL0v1Qv4dIDvYTDabTiGGdeBKNLS8QyDaxxvO8BL0v1Qv8MlgarHVtBUkEZfZhe7AUQv(qmvi85knC8xjrmC3oEI6acAQaQavSxgbXw84EviaiwfsQsUTdiOfbeCGyJ8SKL3aXBGCSi2aZZrshZmq8g4RigD)2qOFduc4sOOh4YzZoDGpdOeeRs0KKgO0WHdZkmp1YsYYoRP0WvXLseLGyUDSAjzzN10v1kjIH72XJdaIvHdtp7Nd4czoaiMjKnCV9o2eWLqrhNo6iVLWY4UDz(RIrDabnHbryALCGVwGNx1QvOxA4ajsCvBba
    Our raid team uses this one. It's from VoX Immortalis.

Quote Originally Posted by phaedrial View Post
    I have a WA which announces who it will be cast on and vuhdo changes the color of the targets raid frame. A single pws has always been sufficient for people surviving through it, I also encourage people to pop defensives as well, just to be safe.

Does anyone know if this is possible with Grid?

Quote Originally Posted by chrrie View Post
    Does anyone know if this is possible with Grid?
    It's possible to make it change color after the debuff goes out. Don't think it's possible to make it change color as soon as it's announced, but I don't know enough about it to guarantee it.
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    It's possible to make it change color after the debuff goes out. Don't think it's possible to make it change color as soon as it's announced, but I don't know enough about it to guarantee it.
    Yes, it's possible. I've done it in ElvUI.
    It would be semi-same in Grid.

If you are versed in Lua
    1. Wait for cast start in CLEU
    2. Get boss (boss3target i think) target 0.1 seconds later
    3. Convert that name to unit (UnitInRaid("name"))
    4. Have a metatable or just a table that spits out the frame when you give it a unitid. You get this table by building it when the group changes (GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE)
    5. Change background for predetermined time
    6. Change it back after that time
    7. ????
    8. Profit
    Last edited by Clebane; 2015-05-29 at 02:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    The mechanics that require CoW are pretty easy to nullify, but do people have some good macros for Convulsive Shadows?
    I just set Sorka as my focus and use a focustarget macro with PW:S. A cast bar with timers is all you need but a weakaura can make it that much easier.
    is PWS enough to mitigate the brunt of the dispel damage?
    It is but they cannot be hit by anything but that dispel. If they try to soak a shot, take a rapid fire hit, take a bomb, etc. and get hit by the dispel they will die.
    Also, have you (as a disc priest) been able to shield AND dispel? Or do you typically leave the dispels up to other players?
    You can shield and dispel but it's much easier to focus on just shielding people.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post

If you are versed in Lua
    4. Have a metatable or just a table that spits out the frame when you give it a unitid. You get this table by building it when the group changes (GROUP_ROSTER_UPDATE)
    7. ????
    8. Profit
    Oh, that's cool as fuck. If someone's done it I'd appreciate an upload of the script.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clebane View Post

If you are versed in Lua
    7. ????
    8. Profit
    Nice explanation, just wanted to add that the bosses' UnitIDs can change from pull to pull (depending on which one gets pulled first I guess). Marak and Ga'ran can definitely change positions so Sorka might also. A safe way would be to check for Sorka's NPC ID on all exisiting boss IDs on INSTANCE_ENCOUNTER_ENGAGED until she's set and then use that UnitID's target.
    But if your raid's always pulling reliably this shouldn't be necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl1717 View Post
    1 PW shield has always been more than enough for me to deal with convulsive shadows. I've never had anyone die from that before. And yes, if you have sorka focused (which you should) she targets the person she casts it on about 2 seconds before the actual cast. Gives you more than enough time to pw:s before it gets casted on them, and then dispel
    This!
    I just focus Sorka and check who she's about to cast it on. I PW:S all of them, but we also use a defensive CD just in case. The person who casts the CD is also in charge of dispels. Our rotation is usually: sac, sac, pain sup (stronger one used here because it lines up with the bomb phase for us), ironbark, sac...

I've never seen a purple circle.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use a targeting maco for convulsive shadows.

My WeakAura tells me "Hey! Sorka is casting!" so at this point, I just use the macro to cast PWS on her target. Super fast and I dont even have to look. PWS seems to be enough of a shield to take all the damage as well however their health still dips so I just penance them right after.