Thread: 6.2 BIS list

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    But the alternatives, a dot that stacks (takes time), and a cleave that also is proced from melee attacks... so ramp up time for all of them in practice... while this doesnt solve the haste issue, i see the alternatives not being much better than keeping the haste proc active.

We'll be using the Archi trinket on ever single fight, as they've nerfed the two other trinkets that where as good as it. The Archi trinket is currently at least twice as strong as our second best trinket on pure single target, it would require a lot of target switching to make it worse than the other options.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Important to remember there are two (or three) specs running around in this discussion.

Regardless: Yes, we will use the Archimonde trinket on basically everything. Even with target switching, Fury's haste is very strong, as even a couple stacks reduces your GCD enough to get you more rage, more Whirlwind, more Meat Cleaving, etc.

With that extra haste giving more rage to Meat Cleave would we see Fury become to completely dominant spec on both ST and council fights? Because arms was always considered to go to spec for those but i've seen Fury beat out Arms on that fight a fair few times

Quote Originally Posted by Aquariun View Post
    With that extra haste giving more rage to Meat Cleave would we see Fury become to completely dominant spec on both ST and council fights? Because arms was always considered to go to spec for those but i've seen Fury beat out Arms on that fight a fair few times
    I mean 2 target arms even without execute on ptr atm is fucking bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenlogic View Post
    I mean 2 target arms even without execute on ptr atm is fucking bananas.
    And did you run fury at all to compare? Just trying to get an unbiased opinion of what to run. Because I prefer fury but will run arms on fights it clearly performs better.

Also did we come up with a consensus on haste gear or crit/mastery all the way given we get the arch trinket?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I'm not sure if the chest is the best off-piece, it's only 720, where as tier is 725. Another argument is that Archimonde drops Doomcrier's Shoulderplates, 10 itemlevels higher than tier, and BiS stats as well.
    Yea true and that's why I listed the 725 mastery/multi chest down the bottom. If the shoulders are anything like Garrosh shoulders they are almost pointless listing as they never drop.... I also prefer to include gear which doesn't include the last boss as once that is done progression is over and gear doesn't matter as much as you know. I would hate to see Warriors not taking tier shoulders and holding out on the 735 shoulders.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceo View Post
    Yea true and that's why I listed the 725 mastery/multi chest down the bottom. If the shoulders are anything like Garrosh shoulders they are almost pointless listing as they never drop.... I also prefer to include gear which doesn't include the last boss as once that is done progression is over and gear doesn't matter as much as you know. I would hate to see Warriors not taking tier shoulders and holding out on the 735 shoulders.
    I don't think they'll be like the Garrosh shoulders - not a unique graphic, just Pally Tier lookalike. Cloth-wearers are getting the unique gear this time around that will probably have an abysmally low drop rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    Cloth-wearers are getting the unique gear this time around that will probably have an abysmally low drop rate.
    It god damn well better be!

What about the crit trinket? I'm not a dps warrior but i might be interested for loot distribution..

Quote Originally Posted by Deliverer View Post
    What about the crit trinket? I'm not a dps warrior but i might be interested for loot distribution..
    It got buffed significantly. It's on par with DoT/Cleave now. They all look to be close enough together on ST that it doesn't look to really matter which you use. This could change near/at BiS, but I'm not going to worry about simulating that too heavily until balancing is finished, since it'll be at least a couple weeks after release until that matters to anyone.

15+ Year Old Account
    regarding to bis list, I see some of you prefer to keep the 4pc despite the reduced ilvl. what about this? Should we keep the 4P or 2 is enough and go for ilvl? Or we don't even need 2?

I really hate blizzard right now for emphasizing wild strikes that much. will they compensate the rest 2 options in the talent tier? Or will wild strike be the one and only considerable option?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagash View Post
    regarding to bis list, I see some of you prefer to keep the 4pc despite the reduced ilvl. what about this? Should we keep the 4P or 2 is enough and go for ilvl? Or we don't even need 2?

I really hate blizzard right now for emphasizing wild strikes that much. will they compensate the rest 2 options in the talent tier? Or will wild strike be the one and only considerable option?
    I'm surprised you consider UqT as a viable option

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah having the 4 set tied so tightly to a single target ability, one that we don't even use during execute phase without the free proc, kind of annoying. going to have to be wild striking over meat cleaving just to get recklessness back up when we want it.

but at the same time holy crap when i tried it nothing has put a smile on my face like infinite recklessness.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    yeah having the 4 set tied so tightly to a single target ability, one that we don't even use during execute phase without the free proc, kind of annoying. going to have to be wild striking over meat cleaving just to get recklessness back up when we want it.

but at the same time holy crap when i tried it nothing has put a smile on my face like infinite recklessness.
    You won't use it over T17 in encounters which allow you to Meat Cleave.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at this. Furious Strikes won't be used over Sudden Death and UqT will never be used.

Deleted
    Sup guys, interesting thread.

Haven't seen any threads about the new trinkets. Anyone got some sim results about them, including the trinkets from tier 17.
    I can remember reading somewhere that the one with tons of crit on it was actually really good, but it's not in any of the posted bis lists.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebo View Post
    Sup guys, interesting thread.

Haven't seen any threads about the new trinkets. Anyone got some sim results about them, including the trinkets from tier 17.
    I can remember reading somewhere that the one with tons of crit on it was actually really good, but it's not in any of the posted bis lists.
    Here, two posts before my last link.

If shit keeps getting lost on here, I post them on my twitter as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Here, two posts before my last link.

If shit keeps getting lost on here, I post them on my twitter as well.
    Thanks, I always forget to check the sticky's

Deleted
    Any1 made an arms bis list yet or have I missed it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Roidz View Post
    And did you run fury at all to compare? Just trying to get an unbiased opinion of what to run. Because I prefer fury but will run arms on fights it clearly performs better.
    There's a lot more fights in the new tier that play into arm's strengths than in foundry. High Council, Kilrogg, Shadow-lord, Xhul-horac, Tyrant, and Archimonde are all fights it has big potential on from what I've tested on PTR. Could be more situations it's played in could be less, there's still balance changes going up every week and different specs can be good on each fight depending on how strats are developed but it's definitely going to have more of a place in the new tier than it did in BRF.