Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Johanna: Launch Guide

Hey guys, this will be my pre-release guide to Johanna. I will discuss what moves she has, how they should be used, and what builds will be the ones that you should try when the game launches. Images/videos is courtesy from Heroes Nexus.

Abilities

Q Punish

40 ManaCooldown: 8 seconds Area of Effect
    Deal 248 (58 + 10 per level) damage and slow enemies by -0.1*(-100)6% decaying over 2 seconds.

W Condemn

50 Mana Cooldown: 10 seconds Area of Effect
    After 1 second, you pull nearby enemies toward you, stunning them for 0.25 seconds and dealing 120 (25 + 5 per level) damage.

E Shield Glare

45 Mana Cooldown: 12 seconds Cone
    Deal 130 (54 + 4 per level) damage to enemies and cause them to miss their next 2 Basic Attacks within 4 seconds.

R Falling Sword

100 Mana Cooldown: 80 seconds Area of Effect Heroic Ability
    You leap towards an area. While in the air, you can steer the landing location by moving. After 2 seconds you land, dealing 550 (141.5 + 21.5 per level) damage to nearby enemies and knocking them into the air.

R Blessed Shield

90 Mana Cooldown: 60 seconds Skillshot Heroic Ability
    Deal 250 (79 + 9 per level) damage and stun the first enemy hit for 2 seconds. Blessed Shield then bounces to 2 nearby enemies, dealing 125 (39.5 + 4.5 per level) damage and stunning them for 1 second.

D Iron Skin

25 Mana Cooldown: 20 seconds Trait
    Become Unstoppable and gain a Shield that absorbs 1343 (250.5 + 57.5 per level) damage for 4 seconds.

What does her game play look like?

So how does she fit in stat wise vs the other warriors?

Johanna will be a warrior. She has less health than say Athras, Chen, Diablo, and ETC, but her autoattack his harder than the other warriors(expect Diablo). Her health is similar to Tryael's. Her Punish seems hit just about as hard as Chen's Flying Kick.

So...what does she do?

She has pretty good cc, she has a slow, a pull/stun and a basic attack block ability.

Talents

Try out these builds, tell me which you think is the best, if you have another build that I don't have tell me.

Pure Action Tank Johanna might be pretty strong, pretty much every talent you get it is a reactive type talent.

APcd 'Balance' Johanna
    I think the APcd Balanced build might be the best Johanna build. It has fast cooldowns, some cc, slow, Survivability, it kinda has a little of everything.

Straight AP Sustain Johanna The AP sustain build is basically grabbing everything that will increase damage, though it does need allies help to deal damage.

ADTank Control Johanna
    The ADT is a tank that is focused on being a counter to auto attack damage with some control, so basically a Illidan killer.

Tank me now! Tank Me Now is a passive tank, you don't get any extra buttons, no real special effects on your moves, you are just a hard bitch to kill.

Regen Tank
    Regen tank focuses on hp regen. Grab orbs, have more regen, have an ability to heal you, have an passive talent so that you can use your heal more often. With Battle Momentum you have more damage, but the heal might not be worth it?

Mercing Johanna? Merc Johanna might work?

Crack Johanna The Crack build is basically a Crusader on crack. All speed talents, fun build.
    Last edited by apepi; 2015-06-02 at 07:54 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Can't wait to play her, even though every time I play warrior I get terrible teams for some reason!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm usually not a fan of Warriors. Only Tyrael. But her kit seems amazing and that hair.. ohmygawd.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I'm usually not a fan of Warriors. Only Tyrael. But her kit seems amazing and that hair.. ohmygawd.
    It wasn't half-shaved in D3 was it?

Though IIRC the backstory on the crusaders mentions shaving their heads due to lice in the swamplands.

Kinda sad that she doesn't have Champion of Akkarat or Shield Bash (instead of Shield Glare)...but still I cannot wait to get this Hero.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Kinda sad that she doesn't have Champion of Akkarat or Shield Bash (instead of Shield Glare)...but still I cannot wait to get this Hero.
    Aye, I was a little surprised by some of the ability choices... Condemn as a Basic ability but Blessed Shield as a heroic, Shield Glare but no Shield Bash.

That said I'll be buying her day one, along with her Centurion skin, because she looks AWESOME
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    Kinda wish she had Phalanx and Steed Charge personally :P

And Hammers, but hey maybe they'll eventually make a D2 Hammerdin...

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    It wasn't half-shaved in D3 was it?

Though IIRC the backstory on the crusaders mentions shaving their heads due to lice in the swamplands.
    the d3 crusader Anajinn is a different person.
    Twas brillig

My guess is the Male Crusader (if they ever make him) will have those two abilities and/or Akkarats Champion and Sweep Attack.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    the d3 crusader Anajinn is a different person.
    Is the D3 Crusader Anajinn though? Has that actually been confirmed?

The names are never mentioned in game of course.

Deleted
    when will johanna be available?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sanlayn View Post
    when will johanna be available?
    Would like to know that as well since I cannot find any information.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Would like to know that as well since I cannot find any information.
    Noone can, the launch event obviusly let us have the new trailer, but seems like they said nothing about if we will be able to buy her soon or not. A bit strange launch at this point tbh, Im confused

Deleted
    I think she looks like a really interesting hero. Quite excited by a potential synergy between Condemn and Grav-o-Bomb... could be truly hilarious.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Noone can, the launch event obviusly let us have the new trailer, but seems like they said nothing about if we will be able to buy her soon or not. A bit strange launch at this point tbh, Im confused
    She supposed to be released today if blizzards data ming timestamps from before are correct. She is technically already in the game just not activated.

I should note that things can changes, so that this guide could be a little wrong.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

She gets hammers on Condemn through a talent. That's all you're gonna get probably, because 99% of Diablo spells are retarded and have to be toned down for any other game.

After hearing her say "...And I'm searching for an apprentice!" and the shot of Jaina turning to the others, am I the only one who wants to see an Apprentice Jaina skin?

Quote Originally Posted by Guyviroth View Post
    After hearing her say "...And I'm searching for an apprentice!" and the shot of Jaina turning to the others, am I the only one who wants to see an Apprentice Jaina skin?
    Murky is the obvious choice for her apprentice, Murkalot even exists in WoW already!

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Murky is the obvious choice for her apprentice, Murkalot even exists in WoW already!
    ... Oh yeah! Murkana!

I think she is looking for Podrick.