Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    And please guys, everyone knows this is the best theme from the anime, this isn't even a debate:

Bulba bulba bulba bulba bulba BULBA BULBA BULBA SAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUR
    I know.

/morecharizards

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    I know.

/morecharizards
    Not available in my country, gg.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, did my grinding for the Elite 4. I may have done a bit of over leveling, but it was for good reason, I'll explain why:

Gyarados/Tyranitar-55. I wanted Pupitar to evolve, so I leveled it to 55 and Gyarados was Pupitars partner against the interviewers since it is unaffected by EQ
    Manectric/Lucario-55. As they will be who I am going to use against Glacia, I wanted to level up above her Walrein so I don't have to worry about Sheer Cold
    Leafeon-54. Just leveled up to 54 while I was leveling up Gyarados and Ttar with exp share on
    Charizard-53. Like Leafeon, I turned on the exp share while grinding Ttar

So the team is

Gyarados
    Tyranitar
    Manectric
    Lucario
    Leafeon
    Charizard

Really powerful team, and with 3 mega stones, it is very flexible.

- - - Updated - - -

Sidney is down, predictably a blow out form Lucario, though I did let Leafeon come it for Sharpedo and Charizard take care of Cacturne.

- - - Updated - - -

Tyranitar flexed his strength and swept Phoebe

10+ Year Old Account
    I take it you're playing an OR/AS Randomizer Nuzlocke?
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Manectric shocked Glacia

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    I take it you're playing an OR/AS Randomizer Nuzlocke?
    ORAS Wonderlocke actually.

Not available in my country, gg.
    The first time I have ever seen YouTube blocking something for music, and not in Germany!
    Last edited by Lahis; 2015-10-24 at 06:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ohhhhhhhhhhh. That would make more sense.

Derp-poke, AWAY!

Gyarados sunk its ice fangs into Drake

- - - Updated - - -

TIME FOR STEVEN STONE TO BE STEVEN POWNE-d

10+ Year Old Account
    Turns out I can watch - from what I can tell - every Yu-gi-oh! GX and 5D's episode on the official website.

But all of the original series are unable to be watched ;-;

And I was so hyped to try and watch some Battle City.

Turns out I can watch - from what I can tell - every Yu-gi-oh! GX and 5D's episode on the official website.

But all of the original series are unable to be watched ;-;

And I was so hyped to try and watch some Battle City.
    The original series is on netflix iirc

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to license restrictions my bum D:

- - - Updated - - -

Yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I don't do Netflix or anything like that atm.
    It looks like they must have done a YGO! sweep on YT. There were loads of videos on there a few months ago, now there's just the abridged, videos about some specific duels, and some various subbed episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    hahaha bulbasaur

"bulba bulba bulba bulba Bulba Bulba Bulba Bulba BABABABABABABABABABABABABA"

ded. laughter killed me.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Bulbasaur just use Sunny Day in that clip?

Also, I do like that SolarBeam animation. It is Solar-vly to look at.

hue

GG Steven is down

Manectric took on Skarmory
    Gyarados took on Aggron, Armaldo, Cradily, and Claydol. Cradily gave me some trouble with Confuse Ray and Giga Drain, but after I saw Waterfall was a 2hko which did a lot more than Ice Fang I had previously tried to use, I killed it no problem
    Then Lucario came in for Metagross, but Dark Pulse didn't do nearly as much as I thought it would, luckily, Lucario managed to dodge the Zen Headbutt. I then switched back into Mega Gyarados on the Zen Headbutt, and healed up the damage Cradily had done on the next turn as he tried to Giga Impact, which did just over half. On the following turn though, Crunch killed MegaGross from where Lucario had left it, and the battle was won.

- - - Updated - - -

Did Bulbasaur just use Sunny Day in that clip?

Also, I do like that SolarBeam animation. It is Solar-vly to look at.

hue
    No, it was a regular solarbeam. That was just how it looks when they take in the sun.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if we'll ever get a game where we can get a Pseudo early on in the game? Most of the time you get them halfway through or later, where you gotta XP. Share it, or grind it up to your level to make use of them (Gen II was a huge culprit. You didn't get Larvitar until Mt. Silver......... Gen III you got Bagon when you could use Waterfall, which I believe was after the 8th gym?; Gen IV you could get Gible as soon as you had the Bike and Cut which was 2nd gym. Which I rly like; Gen V, again with the Victory road ;-;; Gen Vi was nicish and gave us Lord Goomy after the 5th gym.).

Now I just gotta wait for the end credits and the final battle with May.

10+ Year Old Account
    GG Steven is down

Manectric took on Skarmory
    Gyarados took on Aggron, Armaldo, Cradily, and Claydol. Cradily gave me some trouble with Confuse Ray and Giga Drain, but after I saw Waterfall was a 2hko which did a lot more than Ice Fang I had previously tried to use, I killed it no problem
    Then Lucario came in for Metagross, but Dark Pulse didn't do nearly as much as I thought it would, luckily, Lucario managed to dodge the Zen Headbutt. I then switched back into Mega Gyarados on the Zen Headbutt, and healed up the damage Cradily had done on the next turn as he tried to Giga Impact, which did just over half. On the following turn though, Crunch killed MegaGross from where Lucario had left it, and the battle was won.

- - - Updated - - -

No, it was a regular solarbeam. That was just how it looks when they take in the sun.
    Naw, I mean Bulbalord yelled then the sun appeared.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I just gotta wait for the end credits and the final battle with May.
    Wot bout Delta Episode?

I wonder if we'll ever get a game where we can get a Pseudo early on in the game? Most of the time you get them halfway through or later, where you gotta XP. Share it, or grind it up to your level to make use of them (Gen II was a huge culprit. You didn't get Larvitar until Mt. Silver......... Gen III you got Bagon when you could use Waterfall, which I believe was after the 8th gym?; Gen IV you could get Gible as soon as you had the Bike and Cut which was 2nd gym. Which I rly like; Gen V, again with the Victory road ;-;; Gen Vi was nicish and gave us Lord Goomy after the 5th gym.).
    Don't forget, in XY, you could get Gible in the desert area before goomy.

- - - Updated - - -

Naw, I mean Bulbalord yelled then the sun appeared.

- - - Updated - - -

Wot bout Delta Episode?

Bulbasaur was just doing the anime thing where characters get hype for their big attacks.

Meh, delta episode is post game I don't really care about since I've done it before. Besides, it would just be Gyarados Ice Fanging everything like it did for Drake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget, in XY, you could get Gible in the desert area before goomy.

- - - Updated - - -

Bulbasaur was just doing the anime thing where characters get hype for their big attacks.

Meh, delta episode is post game I don't really care about since I've done it before. Besides, it would just be Gyarados Ice Fanging everything like it did for Drake.
    Ah, how could I forget about Kisame of the Sand?

Ok, beat may without issue. I only allowed myself to use 1 pokemon for each of hers, no pokemon could battle more than once. Ofc, it was still really easy since May was really under leveled...

Manectric killed Swellow(good thing I led with it against Steven)
    Leafeon took out Wailord
    Charizard beat Breloom
    Tyranitar defeated Raichu
    Mega Gyarados doused her Mega Blaziken

Total time: around 23 hours

Overall, it was an ok playthrough. My team was fairly solid for most of it and the game in general was actually pretty easy. I got some really good wonder-traded pokemon, including 2 full on competitive ready shinies with EVs and even items. Ofc, I got my fair share of duds too though, like Unown, and Purugly(who I got from trading my Kyogre...gg). I wish I could have used more of them, but my team was solid as it was and after Aron fell to the surprise HP-Fighting, no more spots opened up. There were a few things of note however. First off, when you are doing a wonderlocke, remember that before you get your first badge, your pokemon will not obey you past level 10. This ended up being really bad for me as my Riolu and Buneary (who I later benched), refused to cooperate and I had to be very careful not to let Leafeon and Aron go above level 10 before my fight with Roxanne, even going so far as to skip all the trainers in her gym. Leafeon hit 11 after killing her Geodude, so Aron had to come in for Nosepass. After that though, it was smooth sailing. It wasn't as special a playthrough though, as with the exception of Leafeon, I have used all the mons on my team before in previous playthroughs. I do have newfound respect for each of the pokemon I used, Leafeon became my favorite eeveelution and Gyarados in particular cemented itself as one of my 5 favorites of all time, with Manectric landing in the top 10 as well. Time for some awards:

Ripperian:
    Aron. The lone casualty of the playthrough, Aron was taken from me much too soon. He proved instrumental in defeating Roxanne amidst my pokemons rebellious phases. Who would have though Abra would carry Hidden Power, much less that it would end up being a type that was 4x super effective against Aron.

Savior:
    Manectric. Received in a wonder trade shortly after Aron fell, already at level 22, around the same as my other pokemon at the time, Manectric served as my main Mega pokemon for the first half of the game. It tore through team Aqua and nearly any other trainer that dared to challenge it. Especially after I received the TM for Overheat, it became a monster and really reaffirmed my choice to draft it in the draft tournament.

MVP:
    Gyarados. Sure, I had to have Magikarp in my party for 2.5 gyms, and even then, until level 35, it's best attacking moves were Dragon Rage and Bite. But while Manectric was my mid game monster, Gyarados became my late game carry. With incredible bulky, attack, and a move pool that would make Greninja jealous, I couldn't have beaten the game without my Gyarados.

Pleasant Surprise:
    Leafeon. Great thing about nuzlockes is that you get to use pokemon you may not have before and gain new appreciation for them. Leafeon was that pokemon for this playthrough. In a solid team full of OU powerhouses that I have used before, both competitively, and in other playthroughs, Leafeon stood out and earned it's spot among the best of them. Although it's power wasn't as big a surprise as it's evolution (leveled up once in Petalburg woods, I was not expecting it), it still more than carried its weight. It proved useful in a number of gyms and against Team Aqua, but it really showed how great it was while I was training Larvitar/Pupitar. I was battling Aqua and had Larvitar/Pupitar up front, and would switch out when faced with Carvanhas/Sharpedos. However they would always go for Ice Fang as I switched out, which is when I realized none of them carried water moves. Anyways, Leafeon constantly ate up those Ice Fangs like they were nothing, even against Archie himself! Even though it didn't see much action when I got to the Elite 4, I never once regretted bringing Leafeon along for the ride.

And with that, I wrap up this ORAS Wonderlocke, 7.8/10, I never want to playthrough ORAS again. It is not a good game.
    Last edited by 4KhazModan; 2015-10-24 at 06:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never want to playthrough ORAS again. It is not a good game.
    u lie

Also grats on finishing. I remember Wonderlockeing Y and being really salty and annoyed at how easy it was. I expected deaths and got zero. So now I refuse to use traded 'mons for playthroughs. It may have also just been that the gen 6 games were really easy, though.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby