Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not Pokémon music, but...yeah

Ooooooooh goly~
    | [ My Twitch ] |

Not sure how many listen to Mewmore but he's just uploaded a remix as a tribute to Iwata.

https://youtu.be/Okjo9VugW2g
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Damn. Wasn't expecting this to be the first thing I read upon getting home.

A sad day indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

Deleted
    Last edited by mmoc8ded9ea3f2; 2015-07-13 at 05:56 PM.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    the next movie is already confirmed to be about zygarde so its probably zygarde. and if he has a new form that basically confirms z is happening.

and i swear to glob. it better have a shit ton of features. if i waited 2 years for this shit and its just a typical third game IMA FLIP SHITS @_@
    I agree with this whole heartedly on the features portion. I don't mind that XY didn't have all the features, as it had new mons and mega evolutions. It also makes sense from a business perspective to string it along, and I would rather have that approach then continue to flood barely different 'mons. But I would really hope they would have a sgnificant end game even in just a battling only sense.
    I also wish they would take to using tiers also, maybe they could classify their own ways, but I'm really tired of beating up Garchomps, Talonflames and central Asian kangaroos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Lets lighten the mood after the news from yesterday:

that reminds me, we need a kangaroo pokeman
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    that does remind me....

anyone else think the transformer movies (first to age of extinction) are either bad, good or just, ugh?

Quote Originally Posted by king of lag View Post
    that does remind me....

anyone else think the transformer movies (first to age of extinction) are either bad, good or just, ugh?
    The first was serviceable, but from there they got progressively worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    This is an accurate description of 90% of the movie series made since I was born.

Also a Pokemon question for everyone.
    Would you guys be interested in seeing additional stats in Pokemon or do you all think the ones we have are enough? Things like crit/evasion being based on their own x/6 levels being enough, or would yall like to see them, or maybe others become their own seperate baseline statistics in the next generation?
    Personally I wouldn't mind to see them, but honestly, I would like to see HP doubled, to where 0hko and 1hko are really rare.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Quote Originally Posted by theostrichsays View Post
    This is an accurate description of 90% of the movie series made since I was born.

Would you guys be interested in seeing additional stats in Pokemon or do you all think the ones we have are enough? Things like crit/evasion being based on their own x/6 levels being enough, or would yall like to see them, or maybe others become their own seperate baseline statistics in the next generation?
    Personally I wouldn't mind to see them, but honestly, I would like to see HP doubled, to where 0hko and 1hko are really rare.
    Nonononononono. Those sound like terrible ideas. Breeding is already time consuming enough getting the right ivs for 6 stats, having to worry about even more is insane. Also, few pokemon apart from Critdra actually care about crit chance. Doubling HP would be terrible as well as it would only serve to promote stall: 0.78/10

10+ Year Old Account

Im happy with the stats now. No reason to change them. Especially for the hax stats like crit and evasion. Hell double team should be removed on that note...
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

I'd settle for stat summaries to be updated whenever a stat change move is used during battle.
    Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 4527-7566-5852. PM if you add me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    Nonononononono. Those sound like terrible ideas. Breeding is already time consuming enough getting the right ivs for 6 stats, having to worry about even more is insane. Also, few pokemon apart from Critdra actually care about crit chance. Doubling HP would be terrible as well as it would only serve to promote stall: 0.78/10
    Having differing opinions implies attempted trolling?

But if crit was a stat, more Pokemon could have without having to sacrifice a 1/4 of their moves to increase, it might be viable on more 'mons. Anything with skill link would have at least some feast or famine viability with the stat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Runeshear View Post
    Im happy with the stats now. No reason to change them. Especially for the hax stats like crit and evasion. Hell double team should be removed on that note...
    I can kind of agree with evasion to an extent. I mean I almost had nightmares from a doubles game from early-ish X/Y of a eviolite Chansey with minimize, but with people who play VCG (I think that is the right accronym), they take it into account, while I had absolutely nothing in my toolkit for it.
    But if they doubled the health pools and reverted the burn change to crit (where it used to ignore burn modifier for crits) then that would help deal with the stall concerns that 4khazmedan mentioned.
    I don't know I wouldn't mind to see some changes like the crit, or maybe a luck stat that increased the chances of having additional move effects occur. Just was seeing what other people thought though.
    Idk maybe my lack of playing tiered pokemon battles on showdown (internet problems in my area) is getting to me, with the constant use of the same 'mons and same problems. I didn't really mind certain things when I could simply play NU/LC and RU far more often then OU.

15+ Year Old Account
    Having differing opinions implies attempted trolling?
    Khaz didn't say anything about you trolling. In fact, he actually examined your ideas, but in the end he found them lacking in his opinion. So that was the rating he gave you.

It's amusing that troll scores have become so frequent, that someone actually jumps to conclusions whenever an honest rating was given.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracin View Post
    Khaz didn't say anything about you trolling. In fact, he actually examined your ideas, but in the end he found them lacking in his opinion. So that was the rating he gave you.

It's amusing that troll scores have become so frequent, that someone actually jumps to conclusions whenever an honest rating was given.
    Ehh, maybe Reddit and this forum has jaded me to an extent, but x/10 ratings has nearly been exclusively used for implying trolling, at least the last 3 years, which is when I began using the internet more frequently for social things. If that wasn't the intent that is fine, but I've rarely seen it used otherwise. Anyways, was just bored and seeing what other people's opinions were.
    They seem to dislike stall, as not wanting it promoted, while I rather enjoy longer stall games.
    Last edited by theostrichsays; 2015-07-14 at 02:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    that reminds me, we need a kangaroo pokeman
    notsureifsrs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    iseewhatudidthere
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Sorry but I love this GIF
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    notsureifsrs

- - - Updated - - -

iseewhatudidthere
    kangaskhan doesnt count, shes a dinosaur
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552