Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Anime doesnt seem to be using game characters:

wow, this has nothing to with Galar region

they are really changing some stuff up

is the girl their travelling companion or just a minor character (professors daughter) ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    wow, this has nothing to with Galar region

they are really changing some stuff up

is the girl their travelling companion or just a minor character (professors daughter) ?
    The first is a professor, Professor Sakuragi who works at the Sakuragi Research Institute in Vermilion City in Kanto, which is the homebase of Ash and Go when they go on their adventures. In addition to this, his 10 year old daughter, Koharu has also been revealed. She has a Yamper and is a childhood friend of Go.

This... might actually be good. If they're not constrained by having to tell the story of the games and fit everything in the show around it, then they can instead structure the entire runtime of the season however they want and tell their own story. I'm interested.

Professor Oak's VA died. In Japan character is often retired when that happens, so that's why this new (rebooted?) series has new Kantonian Professor that is almost Oak, but not quite.

7+ Year Old Account
    a reboot of pokemon anime but still going with the dumb ash seems retarded to me,with no point at all, they are going kanto but not in the new game region?

10+ Year Old Account

Online map looks a bit small.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    a reboot of pokemon anime but still going with the dumb ash seems retarded to me,with no point at all, they are going kanto but not in the new game region?
    In a few of the promotional images, they start in Kanto and will travel to every region. Galar is going to be featured in the anime, just doesn't look like it will be only Galar. Also, they will never get rid of Ash because he has Pikachu, which is the game's mascot. If Pikachu's popularity in Japan hadn't exploded into what it is, Ash and Pikachu might have just lasted through the original Kanto and possibly Johto (since they are basically the same region, being connected as they are). But Pikachu is obscenely popular over there, so they stick with the pair of Ash and Pikachu for the last 22 or so years.

it is possible to give the next anime MC a Pikachu too

but yeah, Ash isnt going away for now

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pachycrocuta View Post
    In a few of the promotional images, they start in Kanto and will travel to every region. Galar is going to be featured in the anime, just doesn't look like it will be only Galar. Also, they will never get rid of Ash because he has Pikachu, which is the game's mascot. If Pikachu's popularity in Japan hadn't exploded into what it is, Ash and Pikachu might have just lasted through the original Kanto and possibly Johto (since they are basically the same region, being connected as they are). But Pikachu is obscenely popular over there, so they stick with the pair of Ash and Pikachu for the last 22 or so years.
    then it will be like those series where they pass every region in like 8 episodes, to begin the galar? still seems retard do a reboot imo

they could have at least adapt the manga into anime, so they can do what they want in the main series.

they could have at least adapt the manga into anime, so they can do what they want in the main series.
    It's the dream that will never be. Nintendo has their image as a kid friendly company to maintain.

10+ Year Old Account
    then it will be like those series where they pass every region in like 8 episodes, to begin the galar? still seems retard do a reboot imo

You could always do that. In a copyrightfree adventure.

Pokemon's future isn't worrying. It's downright grim.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It's a good sum up (and I 100% agree with it). Much more stuff could be said, honestly. It's extremely sad that they are going this route. I really did not believe they ever would.

10+ Year Old Account
    The download cards for Pokémon Sword & Shield have started to arrive in retail stores and have revealed some further information about the games. First, the games will require 10.3GB of space to download.
    With this, the download card also showcase that Gothita & Turtonator will be in the game.

For a game its pretty small GB wise compared to 3ds version.

Knowing how inefficient GF are with their design, there are probably gigabytes of useless repeat data in there.

So the games are gonna be pretty short too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, I kinda caved in today, and treated myself to a Switch + Let's Go Pikachu. So you can apparently link up Pokemon Go and LGP/E, would I able to get the fossil pokemon I didn't pick in Mt. Moon sent over from Go? Or have I misunderstood how it works?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Well, I kinda caved in today, and treated myself to a Switch + Let's Go Pikachu. So you can apparently link up Pokemon Go and LGP/E, would I able to get the fossil pokemon I didn't pick in Mt. Moon sent over from Go? Or have I misunderstood how it works?
    You can send over whatever you want from go, but not the other way around. Also you have to wait until you get to where the Safari Zone used to be to do it.