Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Battle Maison: Super Multi Battles

Partner: Shauna

We are on our twenty-third consecutive fight. My Drapion and Mawile & Shauna's Sylveon & Goodra, vs two Pokemon who I don't recall (and irrelevant to the fight) and a Vaniluxe and an Aggron.

My Drapion trades mid way through the match, forcing out my Mawile and the enemy's Vaniluxe. Sylveon trades, forcing out Goodra vs Aggron. I pop the mega; and get ready to Iron Head the Vaniluxe (with Power Up Punch to clean up Aggron next turn), and...

Goodra uses earthquake.

Mawile - my last mon - dies before it gets a chance to move, Aggron survives thanks to Focus Sash/Band/Sturdy/whatever (not that it would need to), leaving Vaniluxe alive to ice beam Goodra to death.

SHAUNA!!! *Khan scream*

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, I think I'll team up with Maxie. He looks smart. Yeah... Maxie.

Die girl

"Pokemon Marketing Director Teases ‘Flowers’ in Series Future"

Mega Florges confirmed!

via http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/n...-series-future

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    "Pokemon Marketing Director Teases ‘Flowers’ in Series Future"

Mega Florges confirmed!

via http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/n...-series-future
    pokemon flower version and weed version

in flower version team rose wishes to destroy cities and allow nature to take back over to make the world beautiful, its mascot is a giant bear with green fur and flowers stuck to its fur with white accents who is one of idk 4~6 guardian pokemans whos job is tomaintain balance with nature, has a 'tainted forme' or mega where its fur turns purple and the flowers wilt causing it to go beserk and seek out something to turn it pure team roses catchphrase is every rose has a thorn, its signature pokeman is a dark/grass pokeman whos a dog with thorns that look like stood up fur

in weed version team dandelion believes nature is to be used and is trying to destroy forests to use as power sources to further humanity, its mascot is a vampiric bat that sucks life from other living things and has roots for feet instead of claws where it can dig into the ground and suck the life out of the earth around it. its also like half zombie with rotted flesh and holes in its wings and stuff. has a pure form where its alive again

team dandelion catchphrase is 420 blazeit

region is based off of native america

starters are psychic, dark and fighting

boom hire me tendo
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Flowers reminds me of the mystery green pokemon and how it went super-saiyan vine mode at the end of that Mega Evolution Special trailer.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

What kind of MMR is GameFreak using? Just spent an hour playing rated matches getting ROFLstomped by elite teams, and my ranking didn't even drop fifty points. Started at 1500, and ten straight losses later ended up at 1453. Still losing, and dropping ranking ssslllooowwwlllyyy... these guys know their stuff so well it's not even funny (Valyrian has 10 link battles says the que card on screen, this Jap has over 900 of them, yet we are matching you up with him! Val has 23 consecutive wins in Battle Maison, yet this Malyasian or someone has a couple hundred wins (despite how insanely hard battle tower gets after 70), this guy has thousands off eggs hatched, etc etc. More than anything, it's more frustrating to play online than it is fun. I feel (seriously) that I have a better chance of winning simply by picking out random passerbys on the P.S.S. and challenging them to a flat duel.
    Anyone know how to fix this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ash's Fletchinder has evolved! I just realized, 3/5 of his pokemon this season atm are part flying type ._.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Ash's Fletchinder has evolved! I just realized, 3/5 of his pokemon this season atm are part flying type ._.
    I noticed that as well. His team is usually not this heavy in one type.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    What kind of MMR is GameFreak using? Just spent an hour playing rated matches getting ROFLstomped by elite teams, and my ranking didn't even drop fifty points. Started at 1500, and ten straight losses later ended up at 1453. Still losing, and dropping ranking ssslllooowwwlllyyy... these guys know their stuff so well it's not even funny (Valyrian has 10 link battles says the que card on screen, this Jap has over 900 of them, yet we are matching you up with him! Val has 23 consecutive wins in Battle Maison, yet this Malyasian or someone has a couple hundred wins (despite how insanely hard battle tower gets after 70), this guy has thousands off eggs hatched, etc etc. More than anything, it's more frustrating to play online than it is fun. I feel (seriously) that I have a better chance of winning simply by picking out random passerbys on the P.S.S. and challenging them to a flat duel.
    Anyone know how to fix this?
    Play on Showdown, they have a ladder for VGC as well.
    http://pokemonshowdown.com/
    Now sure, they aren't "your" Pokemon and the ladder isn't perfect but I would imagine it to be much better than Battle Spot.

If you want to stick with in-game play though, there's pretty much only one thing to say that is not really helpful at all sadly:
    Git gud, son.

Having a BLAST playing Clawitizer/Mega Altaria with Steven & Maxie on Battle Mansion. Clawitizer is the real deal; got above average Special Attack IV with Modest nature; running with Water Pulse, Dark Pulse, Heal Pulse, Aura Sphere, and Life Orb. Spent forty minutes in Super Training maximizing Speed and Special Attack, and I seem to be doing great! BUT, we wiped on round 34# thanks to my low health. For all my speed and mega damage output, I feel rather like a glass canon. Browsed the Smogon forums, and people seem to be saying that HP is better than speed investment on Claw. What do you think? Respect into HP, or just hope that I don't die again due to low health?

Clawitzer's base 59 speed is pretty bad. Atleast in PvP battling, you should go for bulk with speed BST under ~80, though Battle Maison is slightly different beast.

How often does the Clawitzer go first against the AI? If it's less than half of the time, you should retrain for HP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh gosh, that Leomon scene ;_;

MegaGargomon looks silly. He looks too human, Could have probably kept a bit more of a body shape like Rapidmon.
    Sakuyamon is badass, and she has a monk staff.
    I feel really bad for Impmon.

- - - Updated - - -

RIP Ark. Thanks for bringing the group home!

- - - Updated - - -

Awww, dat TakatoxJeri scene on the train. And wow, fuck Jeri's dad.

Hey guys and girls and others, been a while since I've been here :3

how are you doing ?!

@Valyrian : maybe the mmr drop is lower the lower you are in the ranking ? I watched some high ranked player and they were losing 10+ pts per loss.

Homophobia is so gay.

Oh gosh, that Leomon scene ;_;

MegaGargomon looks silly. He looks too human, Could have probably kept a bit more of a body shape like Rapidmon.
    Sakuyamon is badass, and she has a monk staff.
    I feel really bad for Impmon.

- - - Updated - - -

RIP Ark. Thanks for bringing the group home!

- - - Updated - - -

Awww, dat TakatoxJeri scene on the train. And wow, fuck Jeri's dad.
    If this is your first time watching Tamers get ready for some nightmare fuel.
    Friend Code: 0232-9398-7407
    IGN - Dasir

10+ Year Old Account
    Goshdamn, that ending ;-;

Feels kinda empty but perfect how they left everything (we got confirmation that they can still see their partners again, but how Henry just shook his head at his dad..).
    There is an epilogue or something, right?

There is an epilogue or something, right?
    No. GranLocomon movie doesn't fit the canon.

And if they will ever see Digimon again, it will be after a damn long time.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2015-08-28 at 05:09 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Remove chibi artstyle from overworld, render humans like the cutscene models for PC trainers and villains and yuo can use the Pokémon's battle model for overworld walking.
    Honestly, they'd probably work just fine anyway. All they'd really need is some basic walking animation.

Am I the only one thinking that Misdreavus and Mismagius should be Ghost / Fairy ?

It would make this mon really interesting : immunity to : normal, fighting (and resist fighting if scrappy), dragon and ground (levitation).
    resistances to : bug x4,
    weaknesses : ghost x2, steel x2

I dunno... that would be cool.

I also want to see a dark/fairy pokemon.

(yes fairy ghost and dark are my favorites types)

Homophobia is so gay.

Dark/Fairy definetly could have some nice concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    shiny
    Speaking of which, I got matched against a black hippo with red eyes in battle maison. Are some of the Pokemon there set as shiny? Hard to believe it was one of those one in eight thousand lucky spawns.