Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by 4KhazModan View Post
    People act like we have never seen pokemon change their form before..

Spikey-eared Pichu was a thing as well as Keldeo Resolute form.
    Spikey-eared Pichu is stuck in HGSS, though. Keldeo Resolute is available in every game post BW2.

And this was still a thing:

Not my best art ever on the second panel, but damn Aggron's face is hard to draw from the front...
    Last edited by Lahis; 2015-09-15 at 12:34 AM.

That's what he gets for going for Focus Miss. He shoulda used Flamethrower or Fire Blast. Also, he let that Aggron set up with Rock Polish apparently.

so are those water katana or wings?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

HYPE TRAIN!!! *Choo choo!*

Apparently that's Sawyer's mega Sceptile, so... guess Ash isn't going to rek the Pokemon League afterall.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2015-09-15 at 04:40 AM.

hes got mega super mythical 100 year prophecy jesus frog

greninjas new thing is a MASSIVE improvement for porygon head
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Also, Drapion is back and in style! I wonder if Ash remembers how to beat this guy - Hunter J's was ludicrous. I wonder why Drapion is always depicted as such in the anime.

Actually, now that I've thought about it; Drapion is almost always shown as being as powerful as a non-mascot pseudo-legendary in the anime. Huh.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2015-09-15 at 05:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think Pikachu is going to mega-evolve into a Pikachu colored Raichu that wrecks everyone's shitters then we *NEVER* see it again

It being "Mega Pikachu". they really can't get rid of the Yellow Rat now can they?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account

Some news:

A plethora of new screenshots have been released about Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon. This information mostly follows on from the information revealed in CoroCoro on Monday. while the screenshots provide direct feed imagery.
    Entei is a Legendary Pokémon who appears when Pokémon start to get turned into stone. Krookodile is a Pokémon seen lurking around Waiwai Town, and is followed around by various Krokorok. Beheeyem show up in Serene Village to look for a hero and finally, Giratina is the cause of some issues in Serene Village.

http://www.serebii.net/supermysterydungeon/pics.shtml

Following the leak in CoroCoro, the official reveal for the new Zygarde forms has come. Most of the forms keep their name, but Zygarde Perfect Forme is to be called Zygarde Complete Forme in the west. It also describes Ash-Greninja as the form that Greninja takes when the bond between it and Ash is raised to the limit. The strength of their bond changes Greninja's appearance, and it takes on the characteristic look of Ash's attire. This phenomenon is also said to have happened just once several hundred years ago in the Kalos region, but it remains shrouded in mystery.
    Zygarde Cell: This stage has been identified as the single Cells that make up Zygarde. Cells do not possess any will or thought processes. They're found scattered throughout the region. Since they can't use any moves, researchers question whether they can even be called Pokémon!
    Zygarde Core: At this stage, this aspect of Zygarde is little more than a part of the Pokémon's brain. Unlike the Cells, the Cores are self-aware and can communicate with Cells and other Cores via telepathy. When a change occurs in the local region's ecosystem, Cores have been known to take action.
    Zygarde 10% Forme: Zygarde 10% is the Forme that the Zygarde Core takes when it gathers 10% of the Cells nearby. Capable of traveling over 60 mph (100 km/h), it defeats enemies with its sharp fangs and its incredible speed.
    Zygarde Complete Forme: This is the perfect Forme that Zygarde takes when the Core gathers 100% of the Cells. When the ecosystem is under threat, and the Core concludes that the 50% Forme will be unable to deal with it, the Core takes on the Complete Forme. Its power is said to be greater than that of the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal!

So i think in new pokemon game, there is a chance we will have our trainer looks copy pasted on some specific pokemon. (maybe only mega starters)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Welcome to yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Welcome to yesterday.

Comic:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Spikey-eared Pichu is stuck in HGSS, though. Keldeo Resolute is available in every game post BW2.

And this was still a thing:

[IMG]http://orig12.deviantart.net/1593/f/2015/257/5/d/poke_comic2_by_lahis-d99mh0q.jpg/IMG]

Not my best art ever on the second panel, but damn Aggron's face is hard to draw from the front...
    Lahis, I really like Noivern in the 4th panel. It looks very good. I always have trouble drawing folded dragon/bat wings. :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Zygarde Cell: This stage has been identified as the single Cells that make up Zygarde. Cells do not possess any will or thought processes. They're found scattered throughout the region. Since they can't use any moves, researchers question whether they can even be called Pokémon!
    Zygarde Core: At this stage, this aspect of Zygarde is little more than a part of the Pokémon's brain. Unlike the Cells, the Cores are self-aware and can communicate with Cells and other Cores via telepathy. When a change occurs in the local region's ecosystem, Cores have been known to take action.
    Zygarde 10% Forme: Zygarde 10% is the Forme that the Zygarde Core takes when it gathers 10% of the Cells nearby. Capable of traveling over 60 mph (100 km/h), it defeats enemies with its sharp fangs and its incredible speed.
    Zygarde Complete Forme: This is the perfect Forme that Zygarde takes when the Core gathers 100% of the Cells. When the ecosystem is under threat, and the Core concludes that the 50% Forme will be unable to deal with it, the Core takes on the Complete Forme. Its power is said to be greater than that of the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas and Yveltal!
    Okay so I don't get this about Zygarde.

There are multiple cores, each symbolizing something akin to one brain cell. That means there's gotta be millions of cores - though more realistically it's going to end up being in the hundreds at most, because millions is unfeasible for the pokemon universe (I'm thinking in terms of them asking you to go find them in Z, maybe.)

So ALL of these cores can INDIVIDUALLY make a Zygarde? It says "some of the cells nearby" so I assume any time any ecosystem has a problem anywhere on the planet, Zygarde's got a core somewhere closeby and cells probably also somewhere closeby. So it will gather cells and make a Forme befitting the situation, I guess.

Does that mean that potentially, there are millions/hundreds/whatever possible Zygarde Perfect Formes? Let's say that the Pokemon world went into crazy upheaval and Aggrons started eating mountains and Abomasnows were causing blizzards in Florida and Kyogre and Groudon usurped and killed Rayquaza and started flooding everything or whatever. Total climate nonsense. Would Zygarde Perfect Formes just fucking sprout up all over the place? What the hell would they do? Magic the mountains back? is Zygarde's climate "defense" just beating the hell out of whatever it is causing the problems?

If it is, he's going to have to be more powerful than every legendary. We're talking about mythological creatures that cause weather events under normal circumstances as part of their existence. He must hate the fuck out of the Kami trio. They just whip up windstorms and rain for funsies. I mean I know that in general the third part of every Trio controls the other two, but realistically, wouldn't Zygarde be on standby, watching and waiting to rip Tornadus out of the sky and smack him around for making hurricanes?

This is just a dumb idea from every angle, honestly. The more I think about it the less I like it. Unless the explanation behind Zygarde ends up being "this pokemon is LITERALLY THE PLANET and that is how he can be everywhere always" then it's just... a huge bowl of stupid-ass retcon bullshit. The nature-controlling legendaries (read: almost all of them) have all always had a form of balance checking them and it's usually another Pokemon as a part of their duo/trio/whatever, but why would that need to happen if Zygarde is everywhere? What use is Rayquaza when Zygarde's got a billion cells and a million cores on standbvy to rise up and smack them both on the head for being uppity and ruining the ecosystem?

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention all the dead-resurrecting, flora-life-exploding legendaries. Zygarde has to have a ton of turmoil every time Ho-Oh magicks up an Entei. talk about ecosystem imbalance. "Let me just generate life where there was death."

Or what about when Shaymin or Celebi sits in a field and Okamis up a ton of plant life? Way to choke out indigenous species.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

More likely "the Balance of Ecosystem" means "when humans fuck shit up, Zygarde will be angry". Nothing Pokémon ever do could possibly upset the ecosystem, because that's all natural.

10+ Year Old Account
    Humans are a part of the ecosystem, though. There are animals that change ecosystems, like beaver dams and animals that claim territories.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    More likely "the Balance of Ecosystem" means "when humans fuck shit up, Zygarde will be angry". Nothing Pokémon ever do could possibly upset the ecosystem, because that's all natural.
    But humans a-

Quote Originally Posted by Auxis View Post
    Humans are a part of the ecosystem, though. There are animals that change ecosystems, like beaver dams and animals that claim territories.
    yeah.

In the Pokemon world, there are clearly "animals" that can cause massive upheaval in ecosystems. Even if we're ignoring the climate changes and what those would do to affect life on the planet, take a loot at Xerneas.

Here, you have a pack of wolves. Xerneas grants them all eternal life. They never die. They eat forever and breed forever. Overpopulation of wolves. All the deer get eaten to death. Grass overgrows. Bugs boom. Crops fail in the surrounding areas. Wolves run out of food, all the wolves die except the ones who are immortal. Even though (assumedly) not eating will not kill them, they feel hunger, and roam elsewhere to find food. Ecosystem obliterated because of one Pokemon.

Same situation, different Pokemon: Yveltal. Yveltal kills the wolf pack because he sucks their life out. Apex predator gone with no replacement. Deer have a population boom. They eat all the plant life. Grass doesn't have a chance to grow before it gets eaten. No new trees can grow. Soil erodes. Bugs leave. Crops suffer again. Flora suffers because of no bugs to pollinate it (and all the deer eat it.) Ecosystem, once more, obliterated.

Celebi walks into a forest burned down by a fire and rejuvenates the plants. Soil is dry and hasn't had the nourishing ash to regain nutrients and support a whole forest again. Plants die instead of regrow. Bugs can't return. Migratory animals can't make their rounds because Celebi ruined the flow of things. Entire species either adapt or die.

The very existence of climate and life controlling legendaries means that either Zygarde is a lazy asshole who doesn't do his job or he's just an inept dummy. Retcons would be the only answer to the awesome powers of already-existing legendaries not being checked by the apparently even more awesome power of Zygarde.
    Last edited by Viscoe; 2015-09-15 at 04:08 PM.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

New anime trailer is so hype! Malva having a Mega Houndoom is so fitting, hopefully in pokemon Z the Elite 4 will have more than 4 pokemon and have megas as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    But humans a-

yeah.

In the Pokemon world, there are clearly "animals" that can cause massive upheaval in ecosystems. Even if we're ignoring the climate changes and what those would do to affect life on the planet, take a loot at Xerneas.

Here, you have a pack of wolves. Xerneas grants them all eternal life. They never die. They eat forever and breed forever. Overpopulation of wolves. All the deer get eaten to death. Grass overgrows. Bugs boom. Crops fail in the surrounding areas. Wolves run out of food, all the wolves die except the ones who are immortal. Even though (assumedly) not eating will not kill them, they feel hunger, and roam elsewhere to find food. Ecosystem obliterated because of one Pokemon.

Same situation, different Pokemon: Yveltal. Yveltal kills the wolf pack because he sucks their life out. Apex predator gone with no replacement. Deer have a population boom. They eat all the plant life. Grass doesn't have a chance to grow before it gets eaten. No new trees can grow. Soil erodes. Bugs leave. Crops suffer again. Flora suffers because of no bugs to pollinate it (and all the deer eat it.) Ecosystem, once more, obliterated.

Celebi walks into a forest burned down by a fire and rejuvenates the plants. Soil is dry and hasn't had the nourishing ash to regain nutrients and support a whole forest again. Plants die instead of regrow. Bugs can't return. Migratory animals can't make their rounds because Celebi ruined the flow of things. Entire species either adapt or die.

The very existence of climate and life controlling legendaries means that either Zygarde is a lazy asshole who doesn't do his job or he's just an inept dummy. Retcons would be the only answer to the awesome powers of already-existing legendaries not being checked by the apparently even more awesome power of Zygarde.
    That's the reasonable scenario.

However, the preachy way these kind of stories are usually told, it's always humans breaking the ecosystem and no animal (or Pokémon) or other "natural" cause can do any harm to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the reasonable scenario.

However, the preachy way these kind of stories are usually told, it's always humans breaking the ecosystem and no animal (or Pokémon) or other "natural" cause can do any harm to it.
    Uggggh I hope they don't do that. Gen 5 was obnoxious enough. If it's in the anime or movies I don't really mind because I don't watch any of that.

I'll give Pokken this. Pikachu supplexing a Charizard is pretty damn funny.

Who's your favorite Elite Four member? I'm torn between the no-life and Captain Badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about a theoretical Delta Emerald situation?

Kyogre and Groudon are awakened, start fighting, Zygarde cells start to step in creating a 50% Zygarge. Kyogre and Groudon go Primal, cells decide "Shit is fucked up" and out comes 100% Zygarde to beat their asses while Mega Rayquaza is off doing whatever he's doing

Maybe each region has cells and a core chilling somewhere, and as things get progressively worse they band together and create the 10% 50% 100% Zygarde. what is going to happen in XY&Z that would require the intervention of 100% Zygarde?

Also, favorite Elite 4 is Karen.

"Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled Trainers should try to win with the Pokémon they love best."
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything