In the beginning the Universe was created.
    This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

―The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
    What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground underneath a giant boulder you can’t move, with no hope of rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn’t been good to you so far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely, consider how lucky you are that it won’t be troubling you much longer.

– Douglas Adams, The Original Hitchhiker Radio Scripts

https://imgur.com/gallery/m7ekA

Who here has some fitness tips Decided it's time to get get off my ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjanaprik View Post

lul, been quoting douglas adams in all of my posts since saturday night, most of the quotes have been from The Long Dark Tea-Time of the Soul and the Salmon of doubt,not HHGttG. Guess I fucked up the colour of my last one.
    [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]
    Oh, I tend to just refer to all his books as HHGttG. I had no idea salmon of doubt was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

+1

Don't get up and start running like crazy / lifting after not having been in the gym for the past 5 years, I can speak from personal experience that it's not a good idea.
    or at least if you do it, do it on a friday since you'll be a useless sack of flesh for couple of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Oh, I tend to just refer to all his books as HHGttG. I had no idea salmon of doubt was a thing.

It was originally a radio show, from which my signature is a quote from.

He also did "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency", and "last chance to see"

I like him as an author and a general "philosopher"(?).
    Last edited by Kjanaprik; 2017-01-30 at 09:08 PM.
    What to do if you find yourself stuck in a crack in the ground underneath a giant boulder you can’t move, with no hope of rescue. Consider how lucky you are that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn’t been good to you so far, which given your current circumstances seems more likely, consider how lucky you are that it won’t be troubling you much longer.

Don't get up and start running like crazy / lifting after not having been in the gym for the past 5 years, I can speak from personal experience that it's not a good idea.
    or at least if you do it, do it on a friday since you'll be a useless sack of flesh for couple of days.
    Started with 5 minutes running up stairs. The 15 minutes cycling after that were less exhausting
    Bought some dumbells too, guess I'll be fine.

+ 3

± 0

I loved my time with Hitchhiker's Guide, but I don't care for the "HHGttG" abbreviation. Yes, it works, but it always takes me 30 seconds to figure out what it is.

+2

Hitch 2 guide 2 ?

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in.
    However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds.

Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination.

―The Restaurant at the End of the Universe

Hitch 2 guide 2 ?
    Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

+ 4

My arms D:

+5

rip Asme's arms.

We notice things that don't work. We don't notice things that do. We notice computers, we don't notice pennies. We notice e-book readers, we don't notice books.
    ―The Salmon of Doubt

10+ Year Old Account
    + 6

Quote Originally Posted by Eugene Fitzherbert View Post
    Who here has some fitness tips Decided it's time to get get off my ass.
    Depends on what your goals are.

It pretty much boils down to: You can't outwork a bad diet, and you need to burn more calories than you take in to lose fat.

First goal is to be able to walk up stairs normally :/

+ 7

+8

Screw stairs, lifts all the way!

+ 9

We have an elevator in our new office

+10

See, problem solved.

+ 7

These numbers are gross.

Deleted
    No. They're beautiful.