7+ Year Old Account
    + 17

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Recovery is painful
    I've heard drugs help with that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notJoyful View Post
    I've heard drugs help with that
    I’m a sucker for punishment. That is why I bike all winter and exercise through injury lol

+15

I’m a sucker for punishment. That is why I bike all winter and exercise through injury lol
    Fair, but putting yourself in and "surviving" punishment, is different to living in punishment. But you do you

7+ Year Old Account
    + 16

10+ Year Old Account
    + 17

Recovery is painful

+18
    It certainly is, luckily you didn't fully tear anything. Hopefully you get a really cool bike soon and get back to riding.

Also, my right shoulder (only good one) just started having issues a couple weeks ago. Last thing I needed mentally and physically. Left shoulder has been bad for years and have only been able to get it to about 75% but has been manageable. Right shoulder has been my good one and just started having issues recently and now I might have to stop my push workouts.

The last two years have been hell mentally. Last year I got hardly any exercise because everything shut down with covid. This year things have been open, but I only get one week of exercise before bad things happen in my life, things get super busy, or I get injured. Has been completely impossible to have consistent exercise, which has been tough on my mental health. Will probably have to go to a physical therapist for this shoulder now too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just had the best ribeye and truffle scalloped potatoes ever. $205 bill (for just myself), but worth every penny.

+16

Quote Originally Posted by pOO flinger View Post
    It certainly is, luckily you didn't fully tear anything. Hopefully you get a really cool bike soon and get back to riding.
    My bike is being rebuilt. Turns out the frame sustained no damage. It’s still gonna be $600+ but it’s worth it.

Also, my right shoulder (only good one) just started having issues a couple weeks ago. Last thing I needed mentally and physically. Left shoulder has been bad for years and have only been able to get it to about 75% but has been manageable. Right shoulder has been my good one and just started having issues recently and now I might have to stop my push workouts.

The last two years have been hell mentally. Last year I got hardly any exercise because everything shut down with covid. This year things have been open, but I only get one week of exercise before bad things happen in my life, things get super busy, or I get injured. Has been completely impossible to have consistent exercise, which has been tough on my mental health. Will probably have to go to a physical therapist for this shoulder now too.
    I wonder if you’ve been unconsciously putting more strain on your good shoulder to compensate for the bad one? Maybe the PT can help with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 17

I just had the best ribeye and truffle scalloped potatoes ever. $205 bill (for just myself), but worth every penny.
    Ugh, that sounds amazing right now!

My bike is being rebuilt. Turns out the frame sustained no damage. It’s still gonna be $600+ but it’s worth it.
    That's good that the frame didn't take any damage, too bad the rebuild will cost so much
    Maybe you can pick out your own custom parts for the bike now?

I wonder if you’ve been unconsciously putting more strain on your good shoulder to compensate for the bad one? Maybe the PT can help with that.
    It's possible. I haven't changed anything up from previous workouts that I have been doing for a few years now. My chosen exercises are also ones that don't cause any discomfort in my bad shoulder. Really frustrating.
    I have switched up how I do things at work to avoid using my right shoulder to see if that makes a difference. Stopped pushing things with my right arm and have tried to avoid any small or major movements that involve internal rotation of that shoulder. We will see.

- - - Updated - - -

I just need bionic joints. keep all the muscle and connective tissue, but robot joints that I can just replace after they wear out.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 20

I have so little motivation this week

How's everyone else doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, that sounds amazing right now!
    It was pretty great. I think my steak was a degree or two too cooked, just above med rare, but it was still great.

That's good that the frame didn't take any damage, too bad the rebuild will cost so much
    Maybe you can pick out your own custom parts for the bike now?
    I could, but I told them to get me the same style handles and comparable rims/tires to what I had.

It's possible. I haven't changed anything up from previous workouts that I have been doing for a few years now. My chosen exercises are also ones that don't cause any discomfort in my bad shoulder. Really frustrating.
    I have switched up how I do things at work to avoid using my right shoulder to see if that makes a difference. Stopped pushing things with my right arm and have tried to avoid any small or major movements that involve internal rotation of that shoulder. We will see.

I just need bionic joints. keep all the muscle and connective tissue, but robot joints that I can just replace after they wear out.
    Bionic Poo. Just what we need in this world

I have so little motivation this week

How's everyone else doing?
    You and me both.

Just after my accident with the SUV, I more or less came clean to my partner of 11 years that I've been having an affair for the last year. I won't bother to defend it, I clearly fucked up and I'm reaping what I sowed, but as a result, we're temporarily split while I live for the week in a hotel room and we decide what we want to do: try to fix things up or just make a clean break. It's just a terribly emotional, stressful time as I try to heal from being run over and heal from my own mistakes.

So I feel you. No motivation right now myself.

+18

7+ Year Old Account
    + 20