Deleted
    + 49

10+ Year Old Account
    + 1

Grats Val!

+ 2

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, pOO! Got into an argument earlier, want to hear from someone who's more of a gun enthusiast than I am. When handling bb/pellet guns, you should treat them with the respect you treat any gun, IE proper trigger discipline, control where the barrel is, etc., yay/nay? I vote yay.

Hell, I vote yay even when dealing with prop guns, just so you don't get into bad habits.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

+ 3

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    + 2

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, pOO! Got into an argument earlier, want to hear from someone who's more of a gun enthusiast than I am. When handling bb/pellet guns, you should treat them with the respect you treat any gun, IE proper trigger discipline, control where the barrel is, etc., yay/nay? I vote yay.

Hell, I vote yay even when dealing with prop guns, just so you don't get into bad habits.
    Yay. Even though it's a "non-lethal" replica of a toy, you can still shoot somebody's eye out or inflict serious injury. Also, getting shot directly by a bb gun still hurts, especially in the neck/face area. I know because I was on the receiving end of a couple.

10+ Year Old Account
    + 2

- - - Updated - - -

You should treat all weapons, fake or real, with the respect you would give to any real weapon.

+ 4

Yeah, that's what I thought. People were calling me crazy for pointing out shite trigger discipline on a cosplayer that seemed to be carrying around a bb/pellet rifle, telling me "it's probably not loaded" and other things that would have made my gun safety instructor cry.

+ 4

Yeah, that's what I thought. People were calling me crazy for pointing out shite trigger discipline on a cosplayer that seemed to be carrying around a bb/pellet rifle, telling me "it's probably not loaded" and other things that would have made my gun safety instructor cry.
    If it's non-functional cosplay gun then he can do whatever he wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post
    The thing is people have been wrong about their gun being non-functional or not loaded before. It's not worth the risk. It also strikes me as a bad idea to get into the habit of shitty trigger discipline, regardless of whether the gun is a replica or not. If you ever end up handling a real gun, that's not a habit you want to be in.

Oh, and this wasn't a cosplay at a convention, they were showing it off out in the woods, so there wouldn't necessarily have been a check to ensure it was non-functional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Nostalgic View Post
    I cannot disagree with this enough. Even nerf dart guns can injure someone. If anyone wants to handle a weapon, real or not, they need to pick up good habits like not having your finger on the trigger unless you intend to fire within the next few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
    I cannot disagree with this enough. Even nerf dart guns can injure someone. If anyone wants to handle a weapon, real or not, they need to pick up good habits like not having your finger on the trigger unless you intend to fire within the next few seconds.
    Goodness no! I wasn't talking about nerf guns; I was talking about those little glorified speakers in the shape of laser guns we bought when were kids, pretending to boba fett (with no actual mechanisms or anything, just SFX etc etc). I wouldn't even think about playing with Nerf guns as if they were toys. Remember these back in the day?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Geng View Post
    So she's stupid?
    Shit. I forgot that's what that means. Nevermind! Crisis averted! I was so blinded by her beauty I didn't even stop to think if she was smart or not and little ol' Deca cares more about intelligence in a relationship than he does looks.

+ 2

- - - Updated - - -

Probably yay. You don't toss paring knives at people just because they're not as dangerous as a combat knife.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://imgur.com/gallery/zv4kF

http://imgur.com/gallery/mske2H8

http://imgur.com/gallery/ZwKdldQ

http://imgur.com/gallery/G4iRHPV

+ 2

- - - Updated - - -

You absolutely do!!!
    People who think that bb/pellet guns shouldn't be treated like any other gun should never be allowed to handle a gun until they learn and practice proper safety and handling of a gun.

That is something everyone should do.

+ 4

Those people should be shot then told "sorry I thought it wasn't loaded"

- - - Updated - - -

Now I'm all worked up
    Last edited by pOO flinger; 2015-10-01 at 04:45 AM.

Deleted
    Go shoot some beer cans to calm down!

10+ Year Old Account
    Thinking about getting a Glock 27 for concealed carry and making my 1911 my "night stand" gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Go shoot some beer cans to calm down!
    Hai Joy!

I'm in the mood to shoot some tannerite filled targets.

- - - Updated - - -

I really feel the need to use this http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...51/991/323.jpg many times in that post on imgur.

- - - Updated - - -

Bed time. Night everyone.

Deleted
    Being stupid isn't hard. You usually don't know you're stupid so it only affects those around you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Being stupid isn't hard. You usually don't know you're stupid so it only affects those around you.
    Well, I don't know if I'm stupid or not, but if I manage to get married, I want to marry someone who is smart.

Quote Originally Posted by dupti View Post
    Something.

+ 6