Nisekoi 225 - I FUCKING HATE KOSAKI

She claims to be Chitoge's best friend but is always trying move in on Raku. Even if they didn't like each other, she knew the reason why and still tried. She learned Chitoge liked him. Does she talk to her supposed best friend about it? No, she still tries to move in on him behind Chitoge's back. When Chitoge runs away because she found out Raku and Kosaki like each other, and Raku decides to go look for her, Kosaki invites herself along. When they're looking for her at the plateau, she confesses to Raku while he's frantically searching for Chitoge. She's a twat and deserved to get cucked for 225 chapters. Fuck her. I hope Raku's crying because he's imagining how bad Kosaki's about to get BTFO in the next chapter

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS[super]2[/super]

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    uuuuggggghhhhhhh now I really do have to catch up on like 100+ chapters.

Sj, quick! Give me arun-down of everything important that's happened. Last thing I remember is (Nisekoi manga spoilers) older nee-san sensei showing up and being in like a chapter or 5 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.
    It's worth reading from that point.

Nisekoi spoilers up to chapter 180ish
    Spoiler: 
    You're thinking of Yui, who was basically pointless to add. She was older and remembered what happened back in the day. Filler ensues and girls start getting eliminated from the Raku Bowl. Tsugumi realizes how she feels and exits herself. Haru a.k.a. best girl a.k.a. objectively the best fit for Raku has some cute chapters and really falls for him, but because her sister is a giant cuck she decides to stay away from him so Kosaki could have him. She also cuts off her perfect hair and is never seen again. Basically.

Marika has a pretty long exit arc involving an arranged marriage set up by her mom who is somehow eleventy times scarier than her dad (but is actually tiny and cute imo, but yeah everyone's terrified of her). Raku and the gang all go find her and with help from Fuu (Haru's super cute friend who appears in s2's OP while helping Haru teach Paula how to ride a bike) they sneak into the compound and hatch a chapters-long rescue plan. Stuff happens, Tsugumi basically takes charge. The grab Marika and rescue her by helicopter while Tsugumi fights Honda (and loses, but they win overall). Raku properly rejects Marika and she's out of the bowl. I always liked Marika because she was sly and funny, but she became pretty based at this point. She later moves to America to get treated for her illness. Ruri has a chapter where she realizes Shuu isn't really so bad and maybe she kinda likes him.

Personally, if you're that interested in what's happening, it's worth reading because around chapter 170ish (I think) the pacing really picks up and there's something important happening just about every chapter.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    I would be subbed to CR if i could trust the quality, plus i am not really interesting in streaming.
    It's just so much better and easier for me to download stuff and actually have it on my PC, right there and then, where i can watch whatever i want whenever i want without needing to worry about internet connection/speed, the only issue that comes with that is obviously space.
    Pretty much this. Then you also realize external HDDs are fairly cheap so the space issue dissipates a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Pretty much this. Then you also realize external HDDs are fairly cheap so the space issue dissipates a bit.
    I pretty much have 3 externals with 3TB each choke full of anime now, life is good.

10+ Year Old Account
    As it stands in Canada. In order for me to watch the anime I want to. I would need 3 subscriptions to different sites(Netflix, Funimation, CR). Even then there isn't a guarantee that they will sub or dub the ones I want to watch. They don't play any of them on TV other than Naruto. Even One Piece doesn't get played.

The mindset of Japan is can we make a profit off the Japanese market. The rest of the world isn't factored in unless you are one of the global leaders. It's why we have companies that have to buy the rights to distribute it in the West. The companies that sell the rights got extremely greedy when selling to the western market as well in the 90s. So now we have what is essentially a broken system where the Japanese don't want to localize to the West and overprice when people offer to do it.

If they made accessibility easier in the West. It would be much easier to watch anime.

For Manga it is significantly worse. I have one store in my entire city (of 800k people) that sells them and the Chinese guy only sells what is popular. There are no Light Novels. So for me to read that 300+ ranked manga. I have to read it online because there is no other way.

- - - Updated - - -

On a positive note. I fucking love the people who make Gundam because all of their stuff is on YouTube and the ad revenue goes to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pretty much have 3 externals with 3TB each choke full of anime now, life is good.
    9TB of crap that you are never going to watch.

Marika best girl

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Damn, you're a beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    For Manga it is significantly worse. I have one store in my entire city (of 800k people) that sells them and the Chinese guy only sells what is popular. There are no Light Novels. So for me to read that 300+ ranked manga. I have to read it online because there is no other way.
    Atleast i have a store that sells manga and LN's here, for a fair price aswell.
    So i tend to buy light novels and manga's through there, stuff that Yen Press have licensed mostly, i'm so happy i can get Nichijou through it.
    Got Kizumonogatari through there, and Bakemonogatari soon, and Nisemonogatari soon, hnnnnnnggg.

Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post
    9TB of crap that you are never going to watch.
    Hey now, i have actually watched about 30% of it. My backlog is huge and growing per day though.
    I go into panic mode everytime a new season starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Damn, you're a beast.
    Well it doesn't help that i tend to download highest quality i can find, alot of bloated batches(Hello Coalgirls)

On the subject of "killing animu" (that video's a joke), I completely disagree with the overall standpoint that they take. They literally have no idea what they're talking about.

Anime is a growing form of media and is showing no signs of dying (any more) or slowing down either, as the international market and online streaming markets are exploding. The quality of anime, despite what we may say/think has increased over the years. Vastly so when you compare the majority of early 2000's anime to current anime. What we consider bad visually now, would for the most part, shit on most shows released 5-10 years prior. Quality in visuals, key frame animation, music, composition, CG elements and overall design have increased a tremendous amount (even if the content is still mostly shit).

Here, for the gleaning of information, is the domestic sales figures for almost all (but not actually all) anime sold in Japan itself:

http://www.someanithing.com/3253

The figures are mostly stable, though certain years have much larger sales figures than others, mostly depending on what anime was out at the time. Shifts in media form are recorded and show visible changes in purchasing choices over the years. However, these charts do not account for online media purchases, or stream payments, or ad revenue for online ventures.

Now, for international sales, we turn our eyes here:

http://aja.gr.jp/english/japan-anime-data

The above figures show the growth of the industry overall and also cleanly display the near-death of anime that I refer to, as sales figures suddenly drop in 2006-2009, to catastrophic effect and numbers of anime created drop until around 2010, then begin to rise again. This was due to a huge influx of niche anime shows, that had little, to no appeal, which had no impact on the Western market and were generally disregarded even by fairly hardcore otaku in Japan.

From the charts, you can also see that the international market grows steadily over the years, becoming a more and more important foundation stone in anime sales.

There are fluctuations year on year, but online and the international market are now valuable assets to the growth of the anime industry. From the Japanese Video Associations' annual report: (broken Engrish ahead)

"Animation Industry Report 2015" as the animation industry overall in 2014, summarizes the trends of each media. Upon this time publication, it revealed that the industrial market in 2014 was 1 trillion 629.6 billion yen compared to the previous year 110.4%. It became the high growth of the year-on-year double-digit.
    According to the association this is that it has boosted that such rights sales and commercialization of video delivery to China was recorded strong numbers. 2014 is likely say it was a strong year for the animation industry.
    http://animeanime.jp/article/2015/08/25/24654.html

They've seen a 10.4% growth in anime sales since 2014, a very large leap indeed.

The anime industry is not dying, nor even close to. It's growing and stabilising after years of uncertainty. As I posited numerous times in previous such discussions, whether they admit it or not (they won't, of course), but anime production companies are starting to pander more to an international market as they've identified the potential growth in sales and the stability it offers.
    Last edited by Shinzai; 2016-07-07 at 08:29 PM. Reason: No, I haven't proof-read this. It's probably quite bad.

Konobi ep 1 - Usami is great. MC is 10/10 as well. Time to start reading the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Is that the art club one?
    Yeah .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Konobi ep 1 - Usami is great. MC is 10/10 as well. Time to start reading the manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

TMW 507 - is this going to be what I think it is?
    “Wait…Wait! If she could not digest the lotus seeds herself, maybe I will be able to digest it for her. After I absorb the lotus seed’s pure Yang energy, and then using my body as a medium to transfer it to her, this way, the lotus seed’s violent energy will be borne by me, and whatever that I transfer her will be gentle and the purest pure Yang energy!”

15+ Year Old Account
    Planetarian 01 - I haven't read the VN but I liked this. Looks much better than Rewrite, too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    TMW 507 - is this going to be what I think it is?
    “Wait…Wait! If she could not digest the lotus seeds herself, maybe I will be able to digest it for her. After I absorb the lotus seed’s pure Yang energy, and then using my body as a medium to transfer it to her, this way, the lotus seed’s violent energy will be borne by me, and whatever that I transfer her will be gentle and the purest pure Yang energy!”
    Reading 507s title be like

15+ Year Old Account
    Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! 01 - This was funny and cute as fuck. Definitely watching this.

also,

wat

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru! 01 - This was funny and cute as fuck. Definitely watching this.

also,

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/vZMOW5x.jpg[IMG]

wat
    She is the 4th art club member, quite eccentric but an enjoyable character from the few manga chapters I've read.

10+ Year Old Account
    Planetarian- Holy shit the MC isn't a 14 year old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Common guys...everyone knows that best Waifu is a Jojo:
    Don't sweat the details!!!