Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Shadow's dead.
    so he like me doesnt post a lot. got it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Umineko Chapter 08 -
    Spoiler: 
    I am so dumb. Once Bernkastel's game had started, before I had read a single hint, I had been fixated on three people: Maria, George, and Nanjo. Nanjo seemed obvious because him being a culprit would open up a big can of worms, though once the second hint pointed out the narration that sort of ruined my theory.

So Maria and George. I knew their purples covered each other (since George couldn't have killed Shannon or Jessica, the only kids), so if one was a culprit the other had to be too. And I had seen the "culprit killed 6 people" thing a mile away because of Nanjo's death in the third game and the red text trickery, so obviously some of the parents were alive.

The fucking issue is that if they both Maria and George were culprits it meant that three potential parents could be involved. I tried Maria + George + three parents, but that didn't work. I sat there forever rereading the text to find any potential hint to narrow it down a specific parent, but got frustrated since it was literally impossible since none of the text talked about it. It seemed like a game of chance to me, and that just wasn't fair.

Eventually I said fuck it and tried Battler and his parents, and there we go. For whatever reason I didn't want to suspect Battler, I'm not sure why. And besides, Kyrie and Rudolf killed last chapter, so it couldn't be them again, right? But now that I think about it, considering the focus on Ange, it was only natural it'd be them three...

I'm disappointed in myself. Maybe somewhere in my heart I just really wanted Maria to be the murderer for once.

As for rest of the finale, I have mixed feelings. I did like the ending, especially Battler and Beatrice's scene in the boat. The final moment with Ange and Battler was nice too. I wasn't too surprised by the Battler reveal since it seemed obvious during the flashback with Aurora (I had actually been confused when it implied Ange was who lost their memories since it didn't make much sense).

I've seen that some people like the Trick ending better - I don't really agree. I picked the Magic ending first because it obviously tied in with the theme of the story. After reading the Trick ending I can't help but feel it just seems sort of tacked on without any real purpose.

The rest of the chapter was a bit iffy, though. I've never really liked the magic action scenes too much and this wasn't much of an exception. Umineko was always at its best during the logic puzzles, so I almost feel like the the ordering should have been different. Instead of the climax solely focusing on the magical, it should have ended focusing on the mystery with the magic serving as a backdrop. Even moving Bernkastel's game to the very end (but maybe make it a bit harder) as a final challenge would have improved the ending. I honestly couldn't help but feel a bit fatigued with action (though some parts were fun, like Rosa wrecking Erika) near the end.

And is it just me or does the tea party of 07 just feel out of place? It ends with Lion and Wil in a bad position, like they'll have a major role in the final chapter, but they are basically irrelevant. They just have a side mention of Lambdadelta taking them in and that's it. And I sort of think the 'game' we were shown in the tea party essentially served no purpose other than to reveal the hidden switch (which imo feels like something pulled out of nowhere, since I don't think it was ever mentioned that the island was partially destroyed by Ange before)

Overall, though, Umineko was really an amazing ride. While I do feel like it hit its peak during the middle (Chapter 07 is probably my favorite chapter however), it was undeniably an unforgettable experience the entire way through. I actually wish I could just erase my memories of the series and start over again.

Beato is best girl, now and forever.
    I recommend checking out the manga for both episodes 7 and 8 + the episode 8 extra, confession.

Spoiler: 
    In my opinion the reason why episode 8 is how it is, is because it's very personal to RyuKishi07. That's pretty much just my conclusion and I don't think there's any confirmation for it. However one thing was confirmed, Chiru was more personal for Ryukishi because before episode 5 was released, one of his closest friends died. I think that's what pushed Chiru to be more about moving on and focusing on Ange's struggle as much as it did.

The guy who died was one of 7th expansions main guys who had helped with Higurashi and Umineko. Incidentally he was also called BT. He's basically the one who gave name to Beatrice. He essentially is Beatrice. Makes me wonder if he was dying already in the first four games. It's also the reason for that final screen in the game. "I dedicate this tale to my most beloved witch, Beatrice" refers to BT.

Can't remember where this was from but I think it says enough:
    "Ah, there we go.

During the several months that passed since that day.
    I forgot the joy of writing.

However, I know better than anyone else that if I stop writing because of him, he would be the most sad.
    So I must write.
    But he will no longer read it.

I think I'll use today as a chance to set my heart back to square one.
    No, perhaps it's just the same as always.
    I think I'll start writing again for him to read.

BT left behind more than his heart and feelings.
    The debug system he frequently remodeled is now an essential part of the way we complete these complicated productions in such a short period of time.
    We'll use that system in the upcoming crunch time...no, we'll probably keep on using it forever.

I plan to continue working on these along with him forever.

To all of you who socialized with BT at special events, thank you very much.
    He truly treasured all the unique gifts given to him, and he always had them arranged by his side.
    Also, he said that he enjoyed socializing with you more than anything else, and he would always participate in doujin events no matter how busy he was.

I am deeply grateful to all of our fans.
    Thank you very much.

BT, thanks so much.
    If I hadn't met you, I wouldn't be who I am today.

So, if I stop writing, it will be as though I never met you...
    So, I'll grit my teeth and write.
    As I remember what you taught me."

For good or the bad, 7 and 8 are the most controversial chapters of Umineko. 8 was never my favourite, it still isn't but this shit here makes me unable to hate it. Chiru felt so much more personal and Twilight just made me go insane trying to find out just what happened to Ryukishi in the real world.

People like to shit on magic ending because they hate magic. They also liked the edgy parts of Umineko more so they also love the Trick ending. Incidentally these same people generally hate episode 7, say episode 5 is the best thing in the world and prefer Erika over Beatrice. It's amazing how much one little question can tell about a person's shit taste.

Worst part about Umineko is the fact that I can't experience it again.
    Last edited by Asetotti; 2017-04-16 at 09:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    dangan ch 2 - that was a lukewarm twist I figured the mask would be a red herring, much like genocider in the first (after all peko was w/ sonia when you first hear of it). oh look a hidden relationship that was never hinted at whatsoever in the entire game...So the fact that he was there was completely pointless, besides giving peko a motive for the murder that wasn't hinted at in the entire chapter
    [CENTER]

Alice and Zoroku 3 - Brought to you by Carl Junior

I thought episode 1 was fairly intriguing, but episode 2 was a little flat. Most of it focused on establishing Sanae as Mother Teresa in terms of patience with Sana, and I was afraid that the series was going to take a more slice of life approach with how Alice integrated with Zoroku's life. Episode 3 has obviously turned that around, and we're back to the more serious elements.

I want to give special mention to the way they've built Minnie C. The macabre connection of her ability to her deceased husband gives her a demented twist, especially coupled with her willingness to do anything to bring him back. The exchange between the director and one of the kids was especially telling:

"She'll be nearby, but I don't think she''ll join us."
    "I don't like her"
    "But I think she's very nice. She's always smiling."
    "Isn't smiling all the time the same as never smiling?"

A short exchange, but again very effective and establishing what Minnie C is like.

All told, I think I'm hooked enough to finish this show. The visual design has really struck my fancy and it has a whiff of series like Flip Flappers, with the potential to be quite unusual. I guess time will tell.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2017-04-16 at 05:30 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    I recommend checking out the manga for both episodes 7 and 8 + the episode 8 extra, confession.

Spoiler: 
    In my opinion the reason why episode 8 is how it is, is because it's very personal to RyuKishi07. That's pretty much just my conclusion and I don't think there's any confirmation for it. However one thing was confirmed, Chiru was more personal for Ryukishi because before episode 5 was released, one of his closest friends died. I think that's what pushed Chiru to be more about moving on and focusing on Ange's struggle as much as it did.

The guy who died was one of 7th expansions main guys who had helped with Higurashi and Umineko. Incidentally he was also called BT. He's basically the one who gave name to Beatrice. He essentially is Beatrice. Makes me wonder if he was dying already in the first four games. It's also the reason for that final screen in the game. "I dedicate this tale to my most beloved witch, Beatrice" refers to BT.

Can't remember where this was from but I think it says enough:
    "Ah, there we go.

During the several months that passed since that day.
    I forgot the joy of writing.

However, I know better than anyone else that if I stop writing because of him, he would be the most sad.
    So I must write.
    But he will no longer read it.

I think I'll use today as a chance to set my heart back to square one.
    No, perhaps it's just the same as always.
    I think I'll start writing again for him to read.

BT left behind more than his heart and feelings.
    The debug system he frequently remodeled is now an essential part of the way we complete these complicated productions in such a short period of time.
    We'll use that system in the upcoming crunch time...no, we'll probably keep on using it forever.

I plan to continue working on these along with him forever.

To all of you who socialized with BT at special events, thank you very much.
    He truly treasured all the unique gifts given to him, and he always had them arranged by his side.
    Also, he said that he enjoyed socializing with you more than anything else, and he would always participate in doujin events no matter how busy he was.

I am deeply grateful to all of our fans.
    Thank you very much.

BT, thanks so much.
    If I hadn't met you, I wouldn't be who I am today.

So, if I stop writing, it will be as though I never met you...
    So, I'll grit my teeth and write.
    As I remember what you taught me."

For good or the bad, 7 and 8 are the most controversial chapters of Umineko. 8 was never my favourite, it still isn't but this shit here makes me unable to hate it. Chiru felt so much more personal and Twilight just made me go insane trying to find out just what happened to Ryukishi in the real world.

People like to shit on magic ending because they hate magic. They also liked the edgy parts of Umineko more so they also love the Trick ending. Incidentally these same people generally hate episode 7, say episode 5 is the best thing in the world and prefer Erika over Beatrice. It's amazing how much one little question can tell about a person's shit taste.

Worst part about Umineko is the fact that I can't experience it again.
    Yeah, I was planning on reading the manga now. Are any of the other chapters different in the manga, or is it only 7 + 8 which are expanded?

RyuKishi07 does seem like a cool guy. His quote about his response to having fans outside of Japan is neat:
    Initially, my audience was otaku who attend Comiket, which are a very small fraction of Japanese otaku, themselves a small part of Japanese people in general! I never thought for one second that I could be read, published, edited at the other end of the planet, in France... As for Higurashi, I never thought that people outside Japan might be interested. Umineko in particular is a text that even Japanese people can have difficulty reading. So, to imagine that foreigners have made the effort to read it, understand it, and translate it, is an indescribable happiness to me.
    Once I finish the manga I think I'll try Higurashi next. Though unlike Umineko I've already been spoiled about a particular scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    dangan ch 2 - that was a lukewarm twist I figured the mask would be a red herring, much like genocider in the first (after all peko was w/ sonia when you first hear of it). oh look a hidden relationship that was never hinted at whatsoever in the entire game...So the fact that he was there was completely pointless, besides giving peko a motive for the murder that wasn't hinted at in the entire chapter
    Yeah, the second case is pretty hard to predict. Before the trial I had honestly suspected Akane the most because iirc she had suspiciously been near the crime scene, and the escape route would require someone acrobatic. Plus the water bottle thing: Akane is all about being fit so she would just drink water and leave the sugary drinks, right? lol.

It was only during the actual trial that I started to guess Peko because of her behavior, but the relationship she has with Fuyuhiko was really unexpected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atom: The Beginning = JOJO bizzare adventure (EMERALD SPLASH)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

This game is everything I was hoping it would be. And we all know there will be an anime eventually, even if it most likely will not be all that good.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Yeah, I was planning on reading the manga now. Are any of the other chapters different in the manga, or is it only 7 + 8 which are expanded?

RyuKishi07 does seem like a cool guy. His quote about his response to having fans outside of Japan is neat:

Once I finish the manga I think I'll try Higurashi next. Though unlike Umineko I've already been spoiled about a particular scene.
    Pretty sure 7 and 8 are the only chapters that are different in the manga.

Ryukishi is cool. The Witch Hunt group that kept popping up occasionally since episode 4 was a nod to the English translation team and Ryukishi personally contacted them asking them if it's ok to use their groups name in the VN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dangan 2 ch. 3 predictions - Ibuki was probably my favorite character ='(. The inclusion of her "gullibility" will make twists super possible, since she can pretty much be a compliant victim. sonia being the only one who knew about hiyoko going to the music venue increases her likelihood, while I can eliminate nagito + akane due to their feverishness imo. Fuyuhiko being injured lowers his for me, and he wouldn't be in the area early on unless planned. Kazuichi was being odd (avoided the crime scene) so if he says something he shouldn't know...like in #1's ch. 4 The ticket will make it easy to drop MC's suspicions instantly. Basically the motel goers have the highest chance of being suspects. I have a feeling hiyoko was killed first in the storeroom (causing the stepladder's bloodstain), but was wrapped in that curtain in the storeroom to hide her in the video/initial entry. ibuki stepped in her bloodstain causing her shoes to have bloodstains, and smudging the floor of the theatre (making the killer have to wipe that obvious "hiyoko died first" evidence). My best bet/final answer pre-trial is Sonia.

edit / worst case scenario: another stupid "oops the killer is the victim!" with hiyoko ordering ibuki to kill her then herself
    Last edited by Suicidal Panda; 2017-04-16 at 09:55 PM.
    [CENTER]

ReLIFE 175 - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sweet baby Jesus, people are finally stopping the fuckery and just going with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to protect this smile

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    ReLIFE 175 - YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Sweet baby Jesus, people are finally stopping the fuckery and just going with it.

- - - Updated - - -

I want to protect this smile
    [IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/d79dd126e70c4baa4000568a988dd7e0/tumblr_o9ntm4Wgja1t0b0jno1_500.jpg[/ IMG]
    I am glad we are finally seeing some form of progress between those two! It's nice to see Hishiro's character pushing Kaizaki along with it. Next chapter please.

10+ Year Old Account
    dangan 2 chapter 3 results - I enjoyed this one. All of the evidence IS there to be found in the chapter "murder scenes" if you pay enough attention (IE camera appearing on 2nd visit to music venue / pillar size on 1st). the rope trick that nagito kept hidden was fine, since it would've pointed out mikan's lie 100% at the beginning...Heck the fact she was hot on the murder morning was a nice hint as well
    [CENTER]

God, I can hear the obnoxious sounds that she is likely making in that gif.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone want a rightstuf $5 coupon? expires 4/30: 3DE02HBJY in gift-certificate area (should be usable by anyone I assume)
    [CENTER]

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw Kimi no Na wa finally.

Really enjoyed it. Probably tied with Logan as my fav movie this year. It's a pity they decided to show it in one of the smallest movie theatres in the city.
    Animation was beautiful and I liked the montage type scenes. There weren't really any cringe worthy scenes which was great and it worked well with considering both perspectives.

Might see it again.

Not 100% sold on the ending. Kind of sucked how they spent that long searching for each other. It was really sweet how he didn't write his name but I love you on her hand.

I didn't totally get the sake stuff or the time skip stuff but I was just along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    God, I can hear the obnoxious sounds that she is likely making in that gif.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

It took me a while to really warm up to this..8/10
    Glad you enjoyed it. It's an interesting series, but I agree that it's all over the place in many episodes.

For me, a lot of what I enjoyed were the insights into their future digital world. Just the sort of day-to-day details that show what such a world would be like. It also has a +1 from me for being one of my early series, which one compared to a lot of the stuff I had been introduced with it was phenomenal beyond description.

15+ Year Old Account
    One Room - just got around to watching all the episodes of this. it's genuinely very good and i hope the future is full of first person anime.