Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    Eromanga-sensei - Solid 8/10 show, and one of the better shows airing this season
    I wonder what Hemo would think, seeing the spiritual successor to his favourite show being everything he hates in anime.
    I mean his favourite show was already everything he hates in anime

I do have a really nice Madoka statue and some nendroids on pre-order.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eromanga-sensei - Solid 8/10 show, and one of the better shows airing this season

I wonder what Hemo would think, seeing the spiritual successor to his favourite show being everything he hates in anime.
    He already dropped it.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    He already dropped it.
    Before it was even cool?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I do have a really nice Madoka statue and some nendroids on pre-order.
    did you get that darkness nendroid preordered?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    did you get that darkness nendroid preordered?
    Yeah i did and planning to get Aqua and Megumin too.

db super 96 yas tournament arc gonna start. pretty interested in how it will turn out with how they have set up some things. although at the end I figure zenoh will just say jk and everyone will be fine. also some weird things in this episode, I thought before gods of destruction couldn't make the stage so strange that they were fixing it. I thought in the previous tournament the priests had to do that.
    probably just something not important they overlooked

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Alice to Zouroku

I enjoyed this.

I only started watching this show two weeks ago after initially deciding that I was too lazy to pick it up at the start of the season. I'm glad that I changed my mind and watched this after all.

Alice to Zouroku didn't take itself too seriously overall and the intensity of the drama that the show did have was always in correspondence to the scope of events. At least that's how I feel. The slice of life and comedy parts were mostly enjoyable. I don't remember being bored watching this at any point, most of which can probably be attributed to the fact that the narrative in this anime was a bit weird: Whereas the first 5 episodes had quite a lot of action and comparatively intense drama, the tone of the show shifted after Sana escaped and the laboratory she was held at was disbanded. Once she became a part of Zouroku's family it was mostly a SoL/comedy type show with a slightly more intense final arc.

That being said, I enjoyed both parts of the show. The action was nothing outstanding and neither was the animation quality but I liked that the fights were rather creative. I also felt like the production team knew that the characters are the strength of this story. I liked the big cast and its dynamics and I thought Sana, despite being understandably childish, made for an endearing main character.

Overall, Alice to Zouroku is an enjoyable anime and that's really about it. It knows what it wants to do and does it earnestly. It doesn't try to be bigger or more important than it is, resulting in a genuine and pleasant experience, at least from my perspective.

I would also like to mention that the final shot of today's episode was very pretty even though it was rather plain. I wonder how faithfully the anime adapted the manga since the latest events in the anime had a significant impact on the story's world. I might at least take a look at the manga at some point.

7/10
    You forgot to include that the show teaches us that the best way to solve any problems is to get an old man to give the problem a stern talking to, even if it is a completely illogical living dimension

In all seriousness I enjoyed this anime, it was a nice thing to watch on a Sunday evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it weird as ending, since manga is still running.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alice_%26_Zouroku
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Accidentally stumbled across a preview for the rest of the arc for My Hero Academia basically-

Some minor spoilers of course, but if anyone is interested.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-06-26 at 01:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Caught up to ISSTH ='(. It was at 1596 completed as of this morning
    [CENTER]

Man, RahXephon is a very mixed bag for me right now. I feel it can get better, but it's just so incoherent and dull. Every episode I'm asking myself, "what just occurred?" As a viewer, you're clued into specific plot points that may pay off later; however, plowing through the intermediate is arduous. There is finally some character progression and invigorating dialogue and interactions as of episode six. There is less focus on the blue blood and mecha elements and more on the events that are products of those aspects. If that sentiment seemed vague: shit happens and that shit is confusing and goes unexplained then we just focus on the characters dealing from said shit. I could use an exposition dump as of now.
    Last edited by Schirmy; 2017-06-26 at 02:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Who else is staying up for F/GO start? I'm half of mind to go to sleep cause of paranoia of servers not handling the rush >_>
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Who else is staying up for F/GO start? I'm half of mind to go to sleep cause of paranoia of servers not handling the rush >_>
    I am, though I have work in the morning so I'm probably going to regret this.

Praying I get a good roll sooner rather than later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am, though I have work in the morning so I'm probably going to regret this.

Praying I get a good roll sooner rather than later.
    Seems there's some giant starter boost besides the regular one that was unlocked by something? glanced at their facebook. seems to include like 40 quartz along with many other things

Any tips you can give off-hand? (like exp spreading and so on for servants)
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Seems there's some giant starter boost besides the regular one that was unlocked by something? glanced at their facebook. seems to include like 40 quartz along with many other things

Any tips you can give off-hand? (like exp spreading and so on for servants)
    It's been a while since the initial release, but I do remember there being a bunch of obstacles for newcomers.

You're probably going to be very limited in QP (currency used for level ups/skill ups/etc), and xp cards will also be low in number. Do not try and level every Servant you get, focus on a specific party. Whatever golds you have + any good bronze/silver Servants are the ones to look out for. Shielder (your first Servant) isn't completely amazing at first, but she's still worth carrying around. Just don't expect her to carry the team for you.

Don't level skills at all at the beginning. They're late game progression and you'll run out of QP and materials fast if you do it early.

This is a good list indicating the overall power level of the launch Servants. Since you won't have a full team of golds, pay attention to the bronze/silver and consider using them in your party. Don't bother using crappy ones (unless you like them). I think during JP release I mostly focused on F/SN Lancer, Kiyohime (yandere berserker) and F/SN Assassin. They carried me through the early game as I had literally no golds.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, it might be tempting to level a Servant of each class at the beginning, but you really shouldn't. You won't have the xp to spare. Like I said, for the most part focus on a specific party. You can fill in holes in your team by using other people's Servants with the support system.

(Saber Lily is also mostly useless, might not be a good idea to use her)

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Man, RahXephon is a very mixed bag for me right now. I feel it can get better, but it's just so incoherent and dull. Every episode I'm asking myself, "what just occurred?" As a viewer, you're clued into specific plot points that may pay off later; however, plowing through the intermediate is arduous. There is finally some character progression and invigorating dialogue and interactions as of episode six. There is less focus on the blue blood and mecha elements and more on the events that are products of those aspects. If that sentiment seemed vague: shit happens and that shit is confusing and goes unexplained then we just focus on the characters dealing from said shit. I could use an exposition dump as of now.
    I could help if I had it seen it more recently than like 13 years ago. I did get it downloaded the other night when you brought it up to rewatch it sometime. I'd say it's like eva though where you really should watch it to figure it out yourself

is the order a rabbit ova on 11/11
    Last edited by bals; 2017-06-26 at 03:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

(Saber Lily is also mostly useless, might not be a good idea to use her)
    So basically focus on 3 of my best servants on that list? After I "finish" them I can level up spares for future stuff / liked ones?

And now that I looked into saber lily: if I have no other sabers would it be good to use her in a team? IE what situation would I have to be in to "want" to use her in your opinion?
    Last edited by Suicidal Panda; 2017-06-26 at 03:28 AM.
    [CENTER]