Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    "Sounds dumb" but here I am thinking it's pretty cool. Which would be the better watch? This or Made in Abyss?
    Well, let me explain my "sounds dumb." I think anime over-uses its tropes, one of those being, "Little girls in roles little girls don't normally fill." This is unabashedly for the looks, since apparently there isn't a large enough anime demographic for, "watch grizzled 40-something males spy in steampunk London." It just gets under my skin after a while, because I think it's usually to the detriment of the show. Youjo Senki, probably my favorite show in the last few seasons, also suffered from it.

Anyway, as to which is better....I dunno. Abyss blows PriPri out of the water in terms of art and atmosphere. It has that distinct indie game style: pretty scenery, a sort of fantastical ambiance, but with just a hint of something deeply off about the world. PriPri has more to its plot so far, which is put together in a series of non-chronological episodes, giving us a piecemeal view of what is going on. It also has more action and some pretty dark moments. Personally I feel that PriPri started stronger but has gotten weaker, while Abyss is still growing (but yet not realizing) its potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the detailed write up. I'd quote you but it's hard to do that on my phone. I was leaning toward the Abyss anyways. I do dislike he troupe of having little girls do whatever like you said. But I can't tell Japan to grow out of it's love for Loli stuff :,(

- - - Updated - - -

Wow the first episode of Made in Abyss was really good. The world felt so indepth. Felt like I was playing a video game lol. If this show can keep the depth and feeling throughout, it will be a nice watch. Anybody know how long it is going to be? Hopefully not just 12 episodes?

10+ Year Old Account
    God damn it lol. Japan needs to stop the 13 episode trend. I don't know anything about the source material though

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    daga, otoko da.
    Tuturu .

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    God damn it lol. Japan needs to stop the 13 episode trend. I don't know anything about the source material though
    Don't worry too much about knowing the manga, the anime is almost a 100% transliteration of it. They haven't really left anything worthy of note out and have actually added more detail/action in a few scenes. Unfortunately, things will just start to move forwards by the end of this season and season 2 will be where things get really interesting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Tsurezure Children 08 - Love Master is the star of the show

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    [IMG]https://68.media.tumblr.com/39420c89e795a34776ad4164462e0b53/tumblr_ouwer84s7L1qkz08qo1_540.gif[IMG]

Saw Your Name for a 2nd time on a proper cinema screen, was totally blown away and might even teared up ;__;

Girl i invited couldnt make and there was no free poster :\

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Everyone else enjoying the eclipse?
    The town where I live was right in the path of totality and had one of the longest totality durations. It brought in a fuckton of visitors and kept us super busy at work. Got to watch it with my waifu though. Conditions were perfect and it's definitely a unique experience.

@Artorius RIP my free time, need to read the last few chapters of Chihayafuru. It's a bit harder to read on a phone screen than something like ReLIFE (which omg just happen already)

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Saw Your Name for a 2nd time on a proper cinema screen, was totally blown away and might even teared up ;__;

Girl i invited couldnt make and there was no free poster :\
    Dang. =/

Just need to hope another superpopular anime movie gets airing in theaters soon.

I took the option of going home early tonight so I'm going to try and binge Koyomimonogatari so I can get to Owari pt 2 on my next day off hopefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    Don't worry too much about knowing the manga, the anime is almost a 100% transliteration of it. They haven't really left anything worthy of note out and have actually added more detail/action in a few scenes. Unfortunately, things will just start to move forwards by the end of this season and season 2 will be where things get really interesting.
    The show kind of reminds me of HxH. I hope it can live up to the potential I see

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Dang. =/

Just need to hope another superpopular anime movie gets airing in theaters soon.
    If we're lucky, the first Heaven's Feel movie will be that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    The town where I live was right in the path of totality and had one of the longest totality durations. It brought in a fuckton of visitors and kept us super busy at work. Got to watch it with my waifu though. Conditions were perfect and it's definitely a unique experience.

@Artorius RIP my free time, need to read the last few chapters of Chihayafuru. It's a bit harder to read on a phone screen than something like ReLIFE (which omg just happen already)
    Don't fucking die on me! You need to read, I think 175 will be out very soon too, translator is firing chapters very quickly recently. But yeah, Taichi is just awesome and chapters with him are awesome. It's him vs Sudou now, and it's hyped as fuck.
    ReLife will happen, there's no way it isn't going to happen at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    What Shapes My Soul

This is a pretty interesting interview with Nasu Kinoko (creator of Fate) on Ikuhara Kunihiko (creator of Utena, Mawaru Penguindrum, and Yuri Kuma). It's cool to see his thoughts on a fairly distinctive director like Ikuhara.

Note: it has some spoilers for all of Ikuhara's works.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    @Pvt Hudson They've added more showings of Kimi no Na wa. if you wanna go see it again
    They are showing it again at mine but with english dubs :\

- - - Updated - - -

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop whatever you're doing and appreciate this ass

Rindou will save anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Obviously.
    Sorry, this might be out of topic af, but...

That Username. Sounds an Awful lot like Antorus. HMMMMMMMM......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Stop whatever you're doing and appreciate this ass

Rindou will save anime.
    If I can't fuck, then I can't care.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    What is Antorus?
    The last raid of WoW Legion, of course.