10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I've come to realize I really like the genki girl characters more. Didn't think I would. But between Misaki, Minori from Toradora, Hikari from Interviews with Monster Girls, and Nadeshiko from Yuru Camp, they're usually the comic relief, except maybe Minori, but I still really liked her.
    Aww yes! Genki Girls are the best. And Misaki is one of my all time favorites and while she starts the series as mostly comic relief, she does have her own emotional arc later on. In fact, it is really well done and it quite touching while still being very true to her character.
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2018-03-06 at 12:16 PM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enjeh View Post

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    :O I still need to watch S2! What the hell am I playing at...
    and the movie!

Caught up with Darling in the FranXX. Pretty entertaining even though the heavy-handed innuendo gets a little tiresome at times.

15+ Year Old Account
    With the new season airing, I decided to check out the Overlord's source Light Novel. I spent the past month or so reading it and just caught up to the latest volume recently.

While admittedly it isn't Shakespeare, Overlord is certainly a really fun ride. Comparing it to other isekai, I'd say it's fairly similar to Twelve Kingdoms in that so much attention is put to world-building. The world presented is fairly vast and the author really takes his time (some might say too much time) fleshing out everything. Ainz and Nazarick are great, and the juxtaposition of a regular salary man trying his best to lead an organization full of evil god-like beings can be pretty funny. Personally, Ainz' nostalgia about his old guild members is really what makes the premise above the regular "guy sent to a video game world!!!" series, as anyone who has played an MMO before can probably understand his feelings. All his actions essentially boil down to "how can i respect the memories of my old friends?", and it makes for some interesting developments more-so than the more common generic nice guy (or edgy loner) protagonist.

The only downside is it has given me a itch for fantasy games. After reading the side story prologue detailing how Ainz and his old guildmates claimed Nazarick, I especially wish I could find a good MMO to play. It's a shame the genre is mostly in a deadlock with little to nothing new coming out.

Evileye is best girl but Neia is a close contender. Volume 12 spoilers But she better not die because of Ainz' stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    Caught up with Darling in the FranXX. Pretty entertaining even though the heavy-handed innuendo gets a little tiresome at times.
    02 is quite a character and im guessing a homage to Auska.

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    02 is quite a character and im guessing a homage to Auska.
    There might be some resemblance since the director Nishigori Atsushi is ex-GAINAX staff as well. I wouldn't say 02 and Asuka is too similar though. I suppose the coloring might be?"
    https://www.reddit.com/r/anime/comme...e_producer_of/

If any character reminds me of Asuka it's Miku.

mahouka movie ONII-SAMA. must protect the lolis. pretty good movie but lots of information in it that anime only viewers don't know.
    onii-sama is a lot more adept at taking out meteors than a certain other hero
    Last edited by bals; 2018-03-07 at 06:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sora Yori episode 10 PENGUIN! Really cool cgi shot of the boat when they flew away in the helicopter. But ultimately, this episode was all about the end. When Mari was explaining her relationship with Megumi, I lost it. Still kind of crying. Right.

One thing about the end of this series (spoilered just in case, I have no idea what's gonna happen) Now that we're in Antarctica, with three episodes left, I want to see them have at least half an episode of them back in Japan, returning to their normal lives, probably the girls having to say goodbye to each other. I hope it wraps up that way, instead of the rest of the entire show being in Antarctica.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    With how you seem to be getting through shows, I don't think 100 is enough lol
    That's the thing. It's slowly gone UP in recent weeks.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-03-07 at 08:00 AM.

sao ordinal scale ASUNA NIPPLE! poor Silica never got her bike ride with kirito-kun. Solid movie but no zoom ins on sinon's ass so 0/10. and why did poor klein get left out of the sao outfits?
    Last edited by bals; 2018-03-07 at 08:41 AM.

Antarctica 10 - This show is kinda doing what Zombie Desu ka did between seasons, first half was this drama with an interesting premise, premise got used up, second half is goofy SoL based on the same premise. In Sora Yori's case, it's a waste. It's not a bad show, just feels like it peaked early and we're just watching the epilogue.

I'm really only still watching because I want to know if they find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who watch trash anime like fate:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    People who watch trash anime like re:zero
    fixed that for you

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    People who watch trash anime like Jojo:
    Even better fix.

Koi wa Ameagari no you ni ch 56 - holy hell tenchou you finally realized it and accepted it

10+ Year Old Account
    @Pendulous I’m hoping for the same, especially after the end of that episode - I would like to see some of what they talked about in practice, the it just happens.

Only one more episode of Trinity Seven before the movie! Getting fucked at work still so I’m hoping for this week still.

The MC of Stein’s Gate is growing on me and his interactions with his ‘assistant’. Not sure if the story is interesting to me yet but it’s not bad - only at 6, so I’ll give it time. I will finish the series!

Though I bought the Sword Oratoria, I saw that the new LN of SAO Progressive came out - anyone read it yet? I started rereading that series, loving it, find myself still reading at 2am. On 4th book so I’ll be in despair soon after finishing - don’t want to wait for English release but not willing to learn Japanese
    Last edited by Pejo; 2018-03-07 at 05:07 PM. Reason: Damn autocorrect