Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    that is correct
    Well that was a fun watch.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I think I figured out what bothers me about Darling in the FranXX. I don't really like any of the characters. The show is interesting enough to keep watching but I honestly have no investment in the characters.
    Ah, the King of the Hill of anime.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Ah, the King of the Hill of anime.
    You know... kinda, yes. Except with cute girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    And you thought there is never a girl online?

Four guildies meet up offline, turns out only one is male, and they all go to the same school. So this is the most fantasy-based show in existence. I like that they use accurate gaming terms, and actually seemed to do a lot of research into making it as authentic as they could. This isn't NCIS or anything here. I do want to watch a show like this eventually where the chuuni gets better or shows at least some significant mental improvement. Overall, it was ok, though I would remove the "romance" tag. I don't think what happens in the show counts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Takagi-san is now over. This has probably been my AotS, with last week's episode knocking it out of the park. I'm sad it's over, but enjoyed every moment. It's a 10 for me (may move it to 9.5 after this post orgasmic bliss)

seven deadly sins s2 ep11 damn jericho is so cute

Four guildies meet up offline, turns out only one is male, and they all go to the same school. So this is the most fantasy-based show in existence. I like that they use accurate gaming terms, and actually seemed to do a lot of research into making it as authentic as they could. This isn't NCIS or anything here. I do want to watch a show like this eventually where the chuuni gets better or shows at least some significant mental improvement. Overall, it was ok, though I would remove the "romance" tag. I don't think what happens in the show counts.
    ako is a hot mess

I liked it for the accuracy. Ako was qt but overall it was just kinda meh. Got some laughs but it's a forgettable show.

Quote Originally Posted by Pejo View Post
    Takagi-san is now over. This has probably been my AotS, with last week's episode knocking it out of the park. I'm sad it's over, but enjoyed every moment. It's a 10 for me (may move it to 9.5 after this post orgasmic bliss)
    I think it was a solid adaptation. I like the manga okay, but it's repetitive. I would've liked the show better as a shorter runtime, personally.

- - - Updated - - -

• No shows, but some 10/10 episodes from Sora Yori and VEG
    • Violet Evergarden (3 episodes left, Don't see it getting better but it could drop depending on where they go with things)
    • After the Rain (One episode left, don't see much changing)
    • Sora Yori (One episode left, could go up depending on how good the ending is)
    • Yuru Camp
    • Citrus
    • Dagashi Kashi s2
    • Daaringu in the FranXX (Still airing, nothing special besides the setting and designs)
    • Takagi-san
    Dropped:
    • Fate/umu

overlord s2 ep12 wow papa bones even getting evileye to swoon over him!
    the picture from the LN is great
    Spoiler: 
    Last edited by bals; 2018-03-27 at 04:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Overlord ep 12 --- BEST WAIFU THIS SEASON:
    http://shrani.si/f/2a/ER/2Ws5Hp82/wa...-ii-episod.png
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Sora Yori finale - the ending was almost perfect. The motivational talk during the credits was a bit too cheesy after that perfect scene right before they started rolling. Overall it was a really great episode. I think this show would lend itself better to a binge watch. Solid 8/10 thanks to ending on a pair of really strong episodes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, I had no idea they were making a second season of Amanchu. That means at least we will have some comfy diving to replace the comfy camping this season.

Also, a remake of Legend of the Galactic Heroes? But with new character designs? And it's only 12 episodes long? That has disaster written all over it...

What's everyone else looking forward to this next season? I mean besides HeroAca 3 and Steins;Gate 0? I have heard a lot of good things about Golden Kamuy and while I am not a huge romance fan, Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii sounds like it could be pretty good. Plus, new FMP!

None of this season's selection of anime stuck with me. Dropped VEG at episode 6, and all of the others during or at the end of episode 1. Indeed, the only currently airing anime I've been keeping up with is the amazing March Comes in like a Lion Season 2, which began in the Fall.

- - - Updated - - -

What is everyone looking forward to next season?

10+ Year Old Account
    Final (almost) verdict for my watches:

10/10 - A Place Further than the Universe: Why? Mostly for the same reasons I gave Toradora the same score. Shows that can make me laugh and cry at the same time sometimes, with fantastic characters. Without the romance of course.
    9/10 - Yuru Camp: The only real issue I had with this show is, while Rin and Nadeshiko are amazing and easily carry it, it would have been nice to see more of the rest of the cast. I couldn't tell you much about them because they weren't as prominent.
    8/10 - Mitsuboshi Colors: This show got funnier as it went on, and I was surprised at how much I laughed. Kotoha is morbidly hilarious. Now to wait for the artist's next show, Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu.
    7/10 - Katana Maidens (10/24 episodes): Lot of people dumped this show early, really early. It's slow moving, but it's getting better and better as it goes. Wish people would have given it more of a chance.
    7/10 - Slow Start: Fun, surprisingly well-animated, good characters, tons of yuri. What more could you need?
    6/10 - Citrus (9/12 episodes): It's interesting, at least. And has good character growth.
    5/10 - Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san (9/12 episodes): It was fun and cute for two or three episodes, then it just got boring and predictable.
    4/10 - Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san: See Takagi-san, except worse.

Dropped - Takunomi: Half-episodes, and half of THAT is them sitting on a couch explaining a specific alcoholic beverage. No time for actual character anything.

Spring 2018? My Hero Academia of course. Steins;Gate of course. Katana Maidens will be continuing. Real Girl seems to have gotten a lot of hype. Comic Girls seems to be this season's quintessential cute girls show. Tachibanakan Triangle is this season's cute girl yuri show. Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai is a romance made by Doga Kobo. Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii, a romance about adult otakus. Then there's Mahou Shoujo Ore, which I don't even. A couple more I'm on the fence about, which will probably just depend on what happens when the season starts.
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2018-03-28 at 12:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

Also, a remake of Legend of the Galactic Heroes? But with new character designs? And it's only 12 episodes long? That has disaster written all over it...
    I've been told it's going to have 3 movies as well...though that still probably can't even cover half of the original
    [CENTER]

My biggest hopes are for Hinamatsuri. I'm not a huge fan of the artstyle presented in the PV, but as long as the jokes land good, I can let it slide.
    On the other hand, PVs for Megalo Box look pretty dope. I haven't watched anything Ashita no Joe, but it doesn't seem to be a prerequisite.
    Quanzhi Gaoshou (King's Avatar) gets a sequel with 3 episodes, which means I'll have to subscribe to that horrible youtube channel, that pours out like 15 videos a day.
    Uchuu Senkan Tiramisù (short) simply because it's directed by the same guy who also directed Mahoujin Guruguru and Akiba Strip.
    Devils Line. Based on the synopsis it might as well be called Tokyo Vampire. But it has vampires, so I'll give it a go at least.
    And if everything fails, there's still Hoozuki no Reitetsu to save the season.

What I probably won't be watching is Mahou Shoujo Site, because it looks like suffering. And I don't like suffering. Unless it's very well received I guess. The show I mean, not the suffering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uma Musume, Amanchu S2, Hoozuki S2(cont) and Golden Kamuy is what I'll be watching.

10+ Year Old Account
    9/10 - Yuru Camp: The only real issue I had with this show is, while Rin and Nadeshiko are amazing and easily carry it, it would have been nice to see more of the rest of the cast. I couldn't tell you much about them because they weren't as prominent.
    8/10 - Mitsuboshi Colors: This show got funnier as it went on, and I was surprised at how much I laughed. Kotoha is morbidly hilarious. Now to wait for the artist's next show, Hitoribocchi no Marumaru Seikatsu.
    Yeah, as much as I did really enjoy Yuru Camp, I totally agree that it would have been better if the other three girls got more screen time. It also felt really odd throwing the drunken teacher into the mix at the last min.

I can easily say that while I would not call it the best series of the season, Mitsuboshi Colors is certainly the one I had the most fun with. It was really damn funny. Perfectly matched my sense of humor. I was also pretty stoked when I heard that another series by the same author is getting an anime adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    My biggest hopes are for Hinamatsuri. I'm not a huge fan of the artstyle presented in the PV, but as long as the jokes land good, I can let it slide.
    Heh, hadn't heard about this one yet. The premise sounds pretty funny and the manga is rated quite well. Will have to check it out for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    None of this season's selection of anime stuck with me. Dropped VEG at episode 6, and all of the others during or at the end of episode 1. Indeed, the only currently airing anime I've been keeping up with is the amazing March Comes in like a Lion Season 2, which began in the Fall.
    Sometimes you can't help bad taste but you do like 3gatsu so there's hope yet (just ribbing you m8)

- - - Updated - - -

My PTW so far:

• 3D Kanojo - Looks cute
    • Amanchu Advance - Still need to watch s1, may do that if this season doesn't pan out
    • Comic Girls - Based on 4koma, looks cute
    • Devil's Line - Sounds interesting, promo stuff looks nice
    • New FMP - I'll rewatch the rest of the series first since it's been so long
    • Fumikiri Jikan - Think this translates to Train-Crossing Time (edit: close enough). My ex used to read the manga when it first started and iirc it's just about girls having conversations waiting for trains. Waiting for Godot, CGDCT version? I'd be okay with that.
    • Hinamatsuri - It's by Feel and the premise sounds fun.
    • Piano no Mori - Seinen and Music tags give it an auto-go.
    • Tada-kun wa Koi wo Shinai - Rom-Com, promo stuff looks nice.
    • Uma Musume - Based on a mobile game but it's by PA. Didn't really like Shirobako or Sakura Quest but can't deny quality. They make good stuff.
    • Wotaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii - Rom-Com web manga by A-1. The synopsis sounds fun and the art looks good.

I doubt I'll still with as many shows as I did this season, considering FranXX will still be airing and I'll probably stick with that a while longer. A lot of the fluffy stuff is nice to watch when you have nothing else to watch. It doesn't look to be a great season but neither did this past season, so who knows.

My Hero Aca is pretty much the only thing i will be watching week to week, anything else i will binge watch.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Those of you that enjoyed the train-wreck that was Maid-sama, it's getting a special manga chapter in April.