The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

Final episode of season 2 came out this morning. Thunderbolt Fantasy is my favorite show of the year. Season 2 was a blast from beginning to end, and I'm looking forward to season 3. (S2 E13 ending) I'm curious to see how Xi You will be differentiated from Dong Li, the impending demon invasion, more Lin Setsua A x Kei Gai, and who Shang Bu Huan really is. Since season 3 will take place in Xi You, I wonder if we will be seeing Tan Hi and Ken. Perhaps we will see them at the start of the season before Shang, Lang, and Lin Setsua A cross the Wasteland of Spirits, or perhaps they will be seen again at the end of the season if the crew have to rush back for whatever reason. Also gotta know more about that incident with Lang, the princess, and the army.

Otherwise, there was My Hero Academia Season 3, which started out as fine and slowly built up to the tearjerking mid season showdown, and then had an "okay" second half. From what I've heard, it seems that All Might vs All For One was MHA's Pain invasion arc and nothing since has come close to it. I think the problem is that it's trying to be an ensemble story, with the latest arc centering around Todoroki, but the story I was sold was about Midoriya/Shigaraki succeeding their predecessors and eventually going to war with each other. At this point, Midoirya and Shigaraki have only had ONE actual "conversation" with each other in 60 episodes, and it was mostly Shigaraki using Midoriya (who knows pretty much nothing about Shigaraki) as an outlet to monologue, and their battles have been incidental. If the series is going to culminate in Midoriya's own Pain invasion and defeating Shigaraki, then the two story needs to start building up their connection. They need to come to know each other and to specifically attack each other repeatedly for there to be a build up.

Boruto episode 65's Naruto and Sasuske vs Momoshiki fight was far and away the most spectacularly animated and choreographed episode of 2018. If only more shounen fights utilized the same level of intricate swordplay and quick teamwork in such a compact timeframe as I had discussed before.

I've been reading Attack on Titan and it seems like this might actually be the final arc; it doesn't feel like the epic final battle of a 100+ chapter long series, but at this rate I don't see how there will be any plot-threads left once this arc is over. (chapter 112) All of the characters have returned to the island and the titan powers are being rapidly consolidated, and Eren has solidified his place as an irredeemable asshole and the final villain. Levi's character arc has come to an end and he will probably die in the next chapter or two. Armin, Mikasa, and Reiner are the last protagonists the audience can root for, and will probably unite to fight Eren in a battle that can go either way. If Eren is defeated, then the series will end on a bittersweet but optimistic note as Eldia prepares to fight a long war against a superior foe, but they will do so with the intent to stand fast to their morals and with the hope that one day they can negotiate a truce, or it will end with Eldia and Marley coming to peace. If Eren wins, then the story will end with the Rumbling and all but a handful of characters being wiped out, restarting the cycle again.
    Personally I feel that the kid introduced during the Marley arc is Gona end up eating Eren either by Eren’s own choice or by force.but I honestly want an arc that truly explain the titans origin and if the Titan king truly did run away from war or was that all Marley propaganda

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this may be the first time in a long time there is more than one series in the upcoming season I am actually looking forward to. There are a grand total of four series for winter. Mob Psycho season 2, the new Boogiepop, a modern adaptation of Dororo (fuck yeah), and the Promised Neverland. Granted, the more recent parts of the Promised Neverland manga have not been very strong, but the anime will most likely consist mostly or entirely of the first arc of the series that was very damn good.

10+ Year Old Account
    So I binged all 12 episodes of Hi-Score Girl, I absolutely loved this show. I was amazed that they were able to show real gameplay of so many games, such a good nostalgia trip. 3 more OVA coming in March!

10+ Year Old Account
    Merc storia 4/10. Ending was kinda bad, as it never reveals what the female slime memorys are. Just some adventure non-sense.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

That's good news; there can never be enough Yuru Yuri.

10+ Year Old Account
    Goblin slayer 9/10. One of the series that knows how to do a good ending.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've read, that crowdfunding for Yuru Yuri is for the OVA that was already announced. Which is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Goblin slayer 9/10. One of the series that knows how to do a good ending.
    Souka .

10+ Year Old Account
    Nekopara Visual Novel Gets TV Anime

Neko Works announced at Comiket on Saturday that its and Sayori's game Nekopara has a television anime in the works.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...-anime/.141447

10+ Year Old Account

Best dance music for new year.

What are the promising anime for the new season?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Mob Psycho 100 II -- in 6 days

Yakusoku no Neverland -- 8 days

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari -- 8 days (could be good or bad)

Boogiepop wa Warawanai

Boku no Hero Academia: All Might - Rising The Animation 44 days

Dororo (demon hunter reclaming his parts of body)

Looking forward to Date a Live s3 and Kimono friends s2.
    Gotoubun no Hanayome might be fun.
    Ooooo Ero-manga ova <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's what I got:

Slime Isekai and Fairy Tail returning.

Mob Psycho season 2.

Endro reminds me of Hina Logic, which I watched recently and really liked.

Gotoubun no Hanayome, the next "let's hope a harem ends with a conclusion".

Kaguya-sama: Love is War, Supposed to be really funny, plus A-1 is doing it.

Watashi ni Tenshi ga Maiorita, Doga Kobo + shoujo ai.

Circlet Princess, VR E-sport it seems

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess that they have to promote the series but man, that trailer for The Promised Neverland gives away more than I would have liked. I honestly suggest anyone who has not read the manga to go into it as blind as possible. Reading it each week and discovering what the series was about was what really made me enjoy the series as much as I did.

Looking forward to Date a Live s3 and Kimono friends s2.
    Gotoubun no Hanayome might be fun.
    Ooooo Ero-manga ova <3
    Didn't they get rid of a large portion of the staff behind Kemono Friends? Anyone I know who liked the first season seems pretty meh on the second for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I guess that they have to promote the series but man, that trailer for The Promised Neverland gives away more than I would have liked. I honestly suggest anyone who has not read the manga to go into it as blind as possible. Reading it each week and discovering what the series was about was what really made me enjoy the series as much as I did.

Didn't they get rid of a large portion of the staff behind Kemono Friends? Anyone I know who liked the first season seems pretty meh on the second for that reason.
    I dont really keep track of anime news.

Dororo looks like it could be interesting. Will check out The Promised Neverland too. Otherwise, it's Mob Psycho for me.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    This is what I'll at least start. Ones in yellow are more of an "eh, sure" or rely on me finishing a season before the new one (such as Precure).
    You're going to check out over eighteen different shows? That's a lot!