Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    So do you admit you were wrong about Eri and what you said about last weeks episode?
    Spoiler: 
    It's still BS that he lived for more than five minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Spoiler: 
    It's still BS that he lived for more than five minutes.
    It fells like they streched episodes to me.

Complaining about story in shounenshit

10+ Year Old Account
    Really enjoying In/Spectre so far - she’s a gem. Great character design and loving her personality.

Also enjoying me some Interspecies Reviewers - humorous garbage. We’ll see how long before it becomes repetitive.

I am getting the feeling that the Isekai genre is not for me. I've tried watching the first episode of Konosuba like 3 times, but Aqua's screaming makes me cringe.

I tried watching Rise of the Shield Hero a few times, but can't seem to get invested. Which pisses me off since I've watched a few clips online, and it looks like something I should be able to watch. But I get like 15 minutes in to the first episode and something immediately discourages me from watching any further, and I do not know what it is that is discouraging me; it's like being at a fancy party but there's a lingering odor in the room that you can not place that's ruining your experience of the party, if that makes any sense.

Seems the only Isekai I can watch and enjoy are .hack//SIGN and Log Horizon.

So what genre of Anime does everyone here have trouble getting invested in?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mech anime for me. Some stellar ones come out that are anime that just have mech in them like SSSS Gridman but normally I have a lot of trouble getting into them.

Some slice of life as well like Fruit Basket can be hard for me as there isn’t something that grabs me. I blame myself as I know I have shit taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post

So what genre of Anime does everyone here have trouble getting invested in?
    Sports, romance, and anything super edgy just for the sake of being edgy. There are exceptions to all that I really enjoy, but I find myself watching less and less anime these days anyways so I stick to the genres I know I will really enjoy until I hear really great things about a series. So nothing but shounen trash and SoL for me!

Speaking of which, Eizouken remains awesome. If you are at all interested in animation, both the creative process and technical aspect of making it, you really should check it out. They even get into things like budget restrictions like how to make something that looks epic while requiring less work like re-using the animation of a single explosion to turn it into a series of explosions and having the character wear a gas mask so they don't have to spend as much time animating facial expressions. Really interesting stuff plus the series is just fun as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sport, slice of life (not all mind you), school, romance, drama and music. If its to much real life, it generaly sucks for me.

Some school anime is watcheable (like Mairimashita! Iruma-kun, since its not real life trash) and i generaly find it a waste of time/money to even animate it. But they are cheap to produce and they are as bad as spanish lemonades.

And i realy hate anime with shitty storytelling.

Of the new stuff right now watching:
    Dorohedoro (pretty weird and good so far)
    Kyokou Suiri (ep2 was kinda better, but its still pretty meh)
    Ishuzoku Reviewers (because why not)
    Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun (i love the comic like art style)
    Darwin's Game (pretty ok so far -- but its just a combat anime more or less)
    Infinite Dendogram (it does have a fresh take of a new video game mehanics that we yet have to see in video games -- similar like path choices)
    Majutsushi Orphen Hagure Tabi (i will probaly drop this -- its pretty weak)
    Plunderer (not sure abauth it yet)
    Itai no wa Iya nano de Bougyoryoku ni Kyokufuri Shitai to Omoimasu (its ok i guess - just a comedy)
    Pet -- can be a bit hard to follow, but its interesting enogh
    Somali to Mori no Kamisama -- something to cool off on
    Nekopara The Anime -- its kinda...boring

Some notable drops

Konosuba: Didn't like the humor
    Rising of the Shield Hero: wore out its welcome after the first seven episodes (but stuck it out until episode 21),
    Re: Zero: took three tries to make it further then 10 episodes of Re:Zero. I've written several paragraphs here as to why I dislike it, so I won't repeat myself.
    Drifters: hated the characters
    Fate Prisma Illya: wasn't invested in the characters or the story
    Violet Evergarden: too pretentious and up its own ass (then again I think most KyoAni shows since the turn of the millennium have been up their own ass)
    Parasyte the Maxim: didn't like the characters

Season 3 of Log Horizon announced. Didn't see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    holy crap

I cannot wait!

Time to live in the database (again).
    Last edited by RampageBW1; 2020-01-22 at 05:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Imagine being hyped for Log Horizon after the absolute trash that was S2
    While it wasn't (nearly) as great as Season 1, it wasn't really (that) bad IMO. The main problems was definitely the needless exposition and the arc with the children.

But really, I just don't like it when a series is just stuck with no conclusion.

The raid was very good

yeah didn't expect that with how japan is with criminals

also this. never knew people could be so excited for the adjustment of glasses on noses

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    never knew people could be so excited for the adjustment of glasses on noses

10+ Year Old Account
    What the hell. How. What. How. It is not dead? What?

I guess they are reviving popular anime that only got 1-2 season it seems. They did it with Danmachi.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    What the hell. How. What. How. It is not dead? What?
    [video=youtube;eW6sEkTGbUc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW6sEkTGbUc[video]

I guess they are reviving popular anime that only got 1-2 season it seems. They did it with Danmachi.
    And yet No Game No Life still no new season? (much to the dismay of the fans)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    And yet No Game No Life still no new season? (much to the dismay of the fans)
    No game no life had a movie tho.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    yeah didn't expect that with how japan is with criminals

also this. never knew people could be so excited for the adjustment of glasses on noses
    The combination of the writer being a con and how bad s2 was made it seem very unlikely. Mostly the second part. The raid was okay but god everything else was terrible.