Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I like Ame and Gura the most. Don't really catch the other girls streaming too much. Ina is nice and chill. Outside of EN I don't watch too much since it's not as entertaining to me unless I can understand them. I do watch Moona a bit since she's on a good timezone to catch during work and pekomoona is the best anime this year.
    Ina is really chill and cant be quite funny,
    Gura is a meme machine and just adorable.
    Kiara is so energetic and bottom left and really good at translating when she does a colab with Hololive_JP.
    Cali is such a talented rapper and pretty bashful.
    Ame is friendly and very protective of her harem.
    And i cant forget about Hololive-EN first member Haachama that madlass.

Sometimes the timezones dont work for but at least i know the unarchived singing streams will be clipped by the fans.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Tsukihime remake coming in 2021.

13 years.

13 years since it was announced in 2008. And now, at long last, it's coming in 2021.

RIP everyone who waited decades for the remake to come out and didn't live to see this day.

Let's hope that the Fate remake and Mahoyo episode 2 actually come out too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Tsukihime remake coming in 2021.

13 years.

13 years since it was announced in 2008. And now, at long last, it's coming in 2021.

RIP everyone who waited decades for the remake to come out and didn't live to see this day.

Let's hope that the Fate remake and Mahoyo episode 2 actually come out too.
    Ah it's a remake of the VN. Got it. I thought it was a Tsukihime anime and was going to say it would be hard to remade something that doesn't exists.

Anyways, Tsukihime is awesome. Arcueid is the best Type-Moon girl ever.

Happy New Year Everyone!!!

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Happy New Year Everyone!!!
    happy new year!

happy my late birthday eve to all!

gura was really drunk at the beginning of her strim

Towas new outfit is super cute
    Last edited by bals; 2021-01-02 at 08:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hnnnggggg, only a few more days until Yuru Camp S2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Hnnnggggg, only a few more days until Yuru Camp S2
    I have seen Vampire Girl, Bloody Excited and its pretty meh... 1-st anime of the year.
    Fate Grand Carnival New Year's Eve Special 2020 = garbage
    Cute Executive Officer -- why does this exist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    I have seen Vampire Girl, Bloody Excited and its pretty meh... 1-st anime of the year.
    Fate Grand Carnival New Year's Eve Special 2020 = garbage
    Cute Executive Officer -- why does this exist?
    Yeah idk, idgaf about any of this season's anime other than Yuru Camp and maybe like... Non Non Biyori Nonstop, assuming I can find where it's even streaming.

Fate needs to stop. Re:Zero needs to stop. Actually. Isekais just need to stop in general.

Fate needs to stop.
    I can somewhat agree. There is a good story buried in F/SN with Shirou and Archer, but it's not worth slogging through the VN for the tidbits of the good stuff. The UBW anime gives you a better value for your time but still has problems. Zero was overall the best Fate installment and nothing else since has come close. Everything besides Zero and UBW is rather mediocre TBH.

Re:Zero needs to stop.
    Watched two episodes of season 2 and couldn't take it anymore. I still don't know why this show became a hit in the West.

Actually. Isekais just need to stop in general.
    Hm...

• Ascendance of a Bookworm has been overall good. Not amazing, but good. Looking forward to S3.
    • Log Horizon S1 was legit great. The raid in S2 was good but everything else was meh. Hoping that S3 is good.
    • I thought that the first 7 episodes of Shield Hero were very good. 8 through 20 were okay. The last 4 episodes were boring and I dropped when they got on the boat. I will check out S2 but I'm not holding my breath.

- - - Updated - - -

There was also The Vision of Escaflowne, which felt like "if oldschool Final Fantasy was an anime" (well, there was an actual FF licensed anime, but it didn't feel like FF and was overall meh). The show was a mixed bag. It had absolutely bloody fantastic art and animation (YMMV on the character's faces, though), and the adventure/war story of the heroes fighting the Empire was pretty interesting. Unfortunately the show spent a large amount of its screentime dedicated to very boring mystical shoujo drama stuff that just made me fall asleep. For the most part, the isekai stuff didn't really add anything of value to the show and I thought that it would have been better off if the isekai stuff was removed entirely. EXCEPT!

Spoiler: 
    The reveal that the big bad, the Emperor of Dornkirk, was actually Sir Isaac Newton, who had been isekaied to this world and used his knowledge to invent magitek and start the industrial revolution to build a mechanized empire that is taking over the world, and built a machine that can simulate reality and is trying to alter his own reality, was very interesting. It got me to sit up straight in my chair and really pay attention. I thought "oh shit it's getting great!". Unfortunately this reveal happened at around episode 20, when the studio ran out of budget. The show was supposed to be 36 episodes long, but they ran out of money and had to rush the last 16 episodes of plot in just 6 more episodes, which was disappointing.

- - - Updated - - -

I guess I'd also lump in Twelve Kingdoms as another isekai fantasy anime where the isekai stuff is the least interesting thing about the show. Holy crap the show was boring! The best part of the show was when it switched POV from the protagonist to a brand new set of characters at around episode 24: the little boy priest and it seemed like he was going to anoint the wrong guy as king and bring disaster to the kingdom. That had me really interested. Really if the show had been about that it would have been so much better. But then they threw that story idea away and went "nope he actually anointed the right guy all along, all is well with the world" and the PoV switched back to the boring main girl and I dropped it.

Yeah idk, idgaf about any of this season's anime other than Yuru Camp

PPT first aniversary concert is great
    Last edited by bals; 2021-01-02 at 12:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know if there will be a new episode of Talentless Nana tomorrow? That last episode felt very Season Finale-ish, and 13 episodes is somewhat typical of anime seasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't usually do show reviews (mostly because no one cares, let's be honest) but I need an outlet to write down my thoughts so this will do.

I finished watching Adachi To Shimamura last week and I haven't stopped thinking about the show since. I think I loved it...? Won't get into too many spoilers because I mostly want to talk about the general structure of the show and why it just works.

Wall of text inc, because I can't be assed to break up my thoughts.

Let me preface this with the fact that I was a little negative with the show. It started out really strong for the first 3-4 episodes and hit a slog in the middle before getting really good again in the last 3-4 episodes. After mulling it over, I want to retract my criticism. The pacing was basically perfect for what the ending ended (uh..) up being. I'll admit I'm not familiar with the source material so I don't know how much of the show can be credited to it, or to the adaptation team, but this is one of the most relatable yuri, or even romance, I've seen in a long time. A show that is (almost) completely free of the general anime/rom tropes is a honestly rare gem, and a really nice change of pace from the general over-the-top overly acted trend. Like, OK, they had to pump up the facial features because it's still an anime, but Adachi wasn't making Shimamura dolls like Hotaru in Non Non Biyori. She just like, kept a can of soda Shimamura bought her, which is such a comprehensible move. And then even their backstory of just like, losing touch with a friend and then it not being the same once you meet up again is something every can relate to, and it isn't played up more than it needs to, it's just left as "things aren't the same" without explaining it, because you can't it's just a feeling.

I do have a criticism though, and it's the space alien girl thing. GTFO, what a worthless character. I did go an read up on what her character is even supposed to be in the light novels, and apparently she does have a purpose there, but they just... didn't include it in the anime, so she's the awkward annoying third wheel that makes me want to join up the Great Crusade and purge all worlds of Xenos filth so no characters like her ever show up in any anime ever again.

I ended up giving Shimamura a 6/10. While it was fine, it doesn't escape the main criticism I generally have with these types of shows: fucking do something. Enough waffling about being in love, but doing nothing about it... and the other character being absolutely fucking clueless about anything and everything going on. Regarding the random space girl, initially I thought it was a metaphor; something about feeling alien or something because she was attracted to girls. But, nah, it's not because... I don't know why? Would you mind letting me know what her purpose was (in spoiler tags)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I ended up giving Shimamura a 6/10. While it was fine, it doesn't escape the main criticism I generally have with these types of shows: fucking do something. Enough waffling about being in love, but doing nothing about it... and the other character being absolutely fucking clueless about anything and everything going on. Regarding the random space girl, initially I thought it was a metaphor; something about feeling alien or something because she was attracted to girls. But, nah, it's not because... I don't know why? Would you mind letting me know what her purpose was (in spoiler tags)?
    Basically in the LN, she's a time traveler alien who's purpose to the story is to show A&S that they're fated together by showing S that even in a timeline where they don't meet in the gym, they meet up as adults and end up together. Which then in turn helps S be more open to A and less guarded and "full of thorns" like one of the Anime chapters is called. So she's basically a guide to S for her to understand her feelings.

I'm not saying it makes any more sense, but like... w/e.

I also know the show isn't exactly a masterpiece, and the pacing in the middle is definitively an issue, but I think it's an issue that works in this case, if that makes any sense? Probably not.

Oh, I do have another issue with the show. The amount of fan-service in the last couple episodes went from 0 to 100 real quick
    Like, full blow Adachi ass and "here molest me" side characters were jarring.

10+ Year Old Account
    New OP is out:

- - - Updated - - -

So new anime stuff:

Hortensia Saga --- This is sooooo generic....they even re-used the same castle city asset like in other anime....garbage
    Soukou Musume Senki --- the usual magical/mecha girl garbage
    I★Chu: Halfway Through the Idol -- GARBAGE
    Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2nd Season Part 2 -- its just re_zero
    Yakusoku no Neverland 2nd Season -- looking good so far
    Beastars 2nd Season -- new OP is kinda weak
    That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime -- fuck recap episodes realy
    Black Clover -- for a new season episode its pretty ok so far and characters are a bit older now
    Tatoeba Last Dungeon Mae no Mura no Shounen ga Joban no Machi de Kurasu Youna Monogatari -- eh its ok
    Toutotsu ni Egypt Kami -- generic garbage
    Uma Musume: Pretty Derby Season 2 -- garbage, but this time with season 2
    Gekidol -- well anime for perverts
    Urasekai Picnic -- on hold, not impresed so far

10+ Year Old Account
    It is the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is the day.

[IMG]https://i.pinimg.com/originals/12/d0/05/12d005e28e9d03514b1e5e1114978356.jpg/IMG]
    Man, I really could use some comfy time as well after a day like yesterday.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aight, I'm sold on Yuru Camp season 2.

Where can I get the soundtrack now.

Super hyped about Jujutsu Kaisen due to it's production quality and the general character shots and combat scenes.

And still interested in Re:Zero because the world building in there is still interesting and has a lot of detail that the anime manages to sneak in suprisingly well. Even something as minor as Elsa's anti-magic robe.

Other than that, the current season doesn't have anything I'm particulary interested in.
    Kinda lost interest in Titans... but will probably watch it at some point in time.

Mushoku Tensei seems to have an insane production quality too but I'm not sure what I think about MC being a small child with super amazing magic powers.
    But I said the same about Yojo Senki before I ended up watching it and really enjoyed everything about it in the end.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2021-01-08 at 11:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    More of the new anime today/yesterday:
    Cells at Work! Code Black -- pretty good so far
    Cells at Work! 2nd Season -- well blood is still there
    So I'm a Spider, So What? -- pretty ok so far

Checking right now - update:
    Bottom-tier Character Tomozaki ............ zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Back Arrow .... i guess its watchable

Garbage:
    The Quintessential Quintuplets 2nd Season
    Heaven's Design Team -- meh
    Idolls! Idol Survival (seriosly who is watching this)
    Last edited by Yunru; 2021-01-08 at 05:59 PM.