10+ Year Old Account
    NSFWtag that shit holy fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    [SIZE=7]NSFW[SIZE]tag that shit holy fuck.
    sorry.
    will update

So stoked for this. The book was really good, so hopefully the movie doesn't screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    So stoked for this. The book was really good, so hopefully the movie doesn't screw it up.

[video=youtube;Ue4PCI0NamI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue4PCI0NamI[video]
    I bet you'll drop it in the first 10 minutes
    dong lover? kristen wiig? blatant otaku pandering.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    I bet you'll drop it in the first 10 minutes
    Unlike 90% of anime, that movie doesn't look like it's going to be shit. So no.

entire cast is blatant otaku pandering

10+ Year Old Account
    Unlike 90% of mainstream forms of media, that movie doesn't look like it's going to be shit. So no.
    This is why I mostly watch anime, cheapest (...yarr) way to spend my time while suspending my disbelief.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are your thoughts on this? I would say it looks like shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    This is why I mostly watch anime, cheapest (...yarr) way to spend my time while suspending my disbelief.
    You can pirate western media just as easily as you can anime lol. And yeah, 90% of all media is typically shit, I was just pinpointing that specific movie as probably not being shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    Do you drop movies though? And if you do, do you just walk out of the cinema saying that everyone in there has shit taste?
    I walked out of Hot Tub Time Machine 2. That movie was atrocious.

[video=youtube;RFinNxS5KN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4[video]
    It's dinosaurs man, I don't care if it's shit. In all honesty though, it's probably not going to be as good as the other movies. I'm still hyped to see it though, I loved all the previous ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can pirate western media just as easily as you can anime lol. And yeah, 90% of all media is typically shit, I was just pinpointing that specific movie as probably not being shit.
    We're on the verge of a three strike piracy law hitting, which shouldn't affect anime. Slowly getting harder and harder to pirate western media.

And then in the case of movies, there's the time/quality constraint between cinema release and physical release. If you want to pirate a movie within a relevant time frame you're usually stuck with shit quality camrips or watermarked demo reels.

Time to get a VPN!

Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    But you paid for it.
    And? Not going to sit through complete garbage just because I spent some money.

[video=youtube;Ue4PCI0NamI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ue4PCI0NamI[video]
    Haven't heard of it before now but looks promising at least

- - - Updated - - -

[video=youtube;RFinNxS5KN4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFinNxS5KN4[video]
    Super hyped for this as long as it's not shit like JP3

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Haven't heard of it before now but looks promising at least
    The movie is probably going to be enjoyable, but I have a feeling it's not going to do the book justice. It's definitely worth a read. Excellent book that actually goes into the science and engineering aspects of what's happening.

so was the nichijou anime received well in japan?
    I know there were various other factors that shit on the dvd/blu-ray sales but the anime itself was amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    The movie is probably going to be enjoyable, but I have a feeling it's not going to do the book justice. It's definitely worth a read. Excellent book that actually goes into the science and engineering aspects of what's happening.
    Usually fine technical details are the first thing to get the cut in an adaptation.

Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Usually fine technical details are the first thing to get the cut in an adaptation.
    Yeah, it's probably going to be Hollywood-ized and adapted for a more mainstream audience.

- - - Updated - - -

On the topic of movies, you should all watch The Man From Earth. My favorite movie and it's absolutely phenomenal.

On the topic of movies, you should all watch The Man From Earth. My favorite movie and it's absolutely phenomenal.

[video=youtube;9mOIxyRTY5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mOIxyRTY5Ivideo]
    dropped it 5 seconds in
    has that fat guy that panders to fat guys in it 0/10

I'll make a note of it then, always on the lookout for good books to (eventually) read

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    dropped it 5 seconds in
    has that fat guy that panders to fat guys in it 0/10
    I bet I'd drop your favourite animu faster.