10+ Year Old Account
    Girl told me to go read Nejimaki Seirei Senki.

Does anyone have an opinion about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mapathy View Post
    Do any of you Americans live near a B&N, Hot Topic, Walgreens, Target

Looking for someone to buy Pop Vinyl's for me cheaper then they are here.

Just at the sounding out phase.
    I live near all of those. Let me know what you're looking for, most of them are near my work and I could stop on my lunch break.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    Girl told me to go read Nejimaki Seirei Senki.

Does anyone have an opinion about it?
    No clue about it but it cought my eye the other day so I was guna start it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    No clue about it but it cought my eye the other day so I was guna start it
    I'm going to start it in the next few minutes, I'll tell you about it later...

~He'll appear to tell you that thing isn't an insect...
    Sorry, was a bit busy these last...many hours. No, centipedes and millipedes are not insects. :P

Why did I know at one point the difference between a centipede and millipede we're going to get explained here one day lol
    And it was a good day, was it not?

Gakkou 6 - From where they go from here I'm super interested in. Also manga spoilers here shit really go's batshit crazy from this point on in the manga, twin tails also gets turned, Yuki loses her shit for real, they travel all around. Where they take the anime will be really interesting. But the horror tones in it are still super good
    Reading that spoiler my interest is piqued as I've gotten a bit bored with the series. although I do miss the dark comedy.

Small question: Who killed their teacher? I mean, they show her being attacked by the zombies, but unless they literally tore her apart she had to be dispatched by one of the girls in order to be buried on the roof (unless that's just a memorial grave).

-------------

Gate 7

I liked this episode significantly more than the last. The comedy had its place, but it also had some serious themes and it worked out well. Like everybody else I greatly anticipate next week. Also I guess since it's been eternally summer in fantasy-land they must be more tropical (since the JSDF obviously left in the summer but it's now apparently winter)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    So not much different from a current season for me then. I typically never find more than a handful of shows in a season that I feel like watching...Anime was largely shit then just like it's largely shit now. Maybe it was a bit more shitty, but it's still pretty shitty today, too.
    I figure that's how anything is. Most books, movies, TV series, etc produced are awful. Anime isn't really outside my levels of expectation for popular entertainment.

Okay so I watched the Akame ga Kill dub and it was as bad as I expected. Akame's VA is pretty good but her voice doesn't really fit Akame. Leone's voice is fitting but the actual sound quality sounds like it was recorded over Ventrilo or something. Sheele's two words spoken during that episode sounded great. Rest of the cast was very generic sounding.

tl;dr shit dubs are shit

Neichus on Gakkou manga she dies venturing into another part of the school, so she does to zombies. Later on they do encounter her but weather or not they take her remains to the grave after I wasn't 100% clear on. So more or less it's mainly just a memorial so that they have somewhere to mourn for her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok Max, read first chapter and the only thing I can say for sure about it is that I find both girls pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Sorry, was a bit busy these last...many hours. No, centipedes and millipedes are not insects. :P
    but bugs is a general term that isn't exclusive to insects

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goriq View Post
    I didn't know that the full Gakkou Gurashi OP was already out.
    Yeah mate I've had it for at least a couple of weeks now.

Pure numbers don't mean much in how good or bad a browser is, Firefox is shit. Has more problems then Chrome fairly consistently and also is just, well shit
    mfw Chrome breaks Youtube more than Firefox breaks Youtube.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Don't think I've had youtube break...

Chrome or otherwise

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hemoglobin View Post
    So not much different from a current season for me then. I typically never find more than a handful of shows in a season that I feel like watching, and that's if I'm lucky. Not to mention that if those charts you linked are any indicator, more shows air in a season now. Of course there's going to be less shows that are worth watching. Only after including all of the specials, OVAs, ONAs and movies do you have a similar number of anime released compared to now. And that's just comparing them to a current season's TV releases and not counting their movies, OVAs, ONAs, etc, too. Anime was largely shit then just like it's largely shit now. Maybe it was a bit more shitty, but it's still pretty shitty today, too.
    1/2 shows are still less than a handful.

His point was that the proportion of shows in the utter trash tier was much higher back then. You've been coddled by our current generation of anime to the point where you drop average shows and even good shows with much more credibility than anything back then.

If I want to put it another way; in those years of anime, if you dropped most of those shows most of us wouldn't bat an eyelid.

I mean, one of Shinzai's links had Mars of Destruction for christ's sake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radio View Post
    Yeah mate I've had it for at least a couple of weeks now.

And FF is pretty shitty with YT for some reason... More than once in a day I find a video stuck at 0s without loading.
    In fact I occasionally have Edge opened just for YT...
    Last edited by Artorius; 2015-08-15 at 04:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakobro View Post
    Don't think I've had youtube break...

Chrome or otherwise
    I work in software dev, I notice these things quickly!

Some time ago there was an issue where a number of Chrome users were having loading problems on Youtube. Chrome/Flash integration gone awry iirc.

- - - Updated - - -

And FF is pretty shitty with YT for some reason... More than once in a day I find a video stuck at 0s without loading.
    In fact I occasionally have Edge opened just for YT...
    I use HTML5 mode on youtube, no problemo.

Right, so been going through my externals looking for stuff I hadn't finished yet. Realized I never watched OreGairu's last episode. Watched it, got mad at the cliffhanger, cussed out my PC, broke a few fingers, it was a good time.

I have sworn a blood oath: if I ever meet the author, I am going to strangle him with my bear hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow the Edgehog View Post
    I have sworn a blood oath: if I ever meet the author, I am going to strangle him with my bear hands.
    http://orig05.deviantart.net/1d1c/f/...ie-d786428.jpg

Right, so been going through my externals looking for stuff I hadn't finished yet. Realized I never watched OreGairu's last episode. Watched it, got mad at the cliffhanger, cussed out my PC, broke a few fingers, it was a good time.

That cliffhanger is one of the best/worst ever.

Watch it be something lame like "I have a request: please call me by my first name" which wouldn't be worth those years it took off my life waiting

Opened this and was not disappointed.
    Not as suave as you but does the job

Goodbye Japan it was nice knowing you!
    Sakurajima volcano is close to erupting in Kagoshima, Japan.

Along with a quake that happened near Fukushima but thank god no tsunami happened.