Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Two pretty cool lists, best selling manga and best selling LNs of 2015.

Overlord at 927k is fucking great. So happy it got this successful. Doing even better than SAO.
    Good, it deserves it. I really did enjoy reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    I think I found my polar opposite in the anime world.
    I feel like the only person in the world that doesn't like OPM. I don't even think it's bad (though I personally think some of the art styles used are shit) it's just not my kind of show.

DanMachi at 1.2m kinda hurts.
    DanMachi was decent at best and from what I've heard from people who've read the novels, the show made the novels look way better than what they were. Oregairu over 1m doesn't surprise me. I'm ready for volume 12 because RIP my heart over that cliffhanger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of overlord LN: up to goblin SoL part I really enjoy momon's (CBA to remember RL name) transition from previously human to a true undead overlord. At first he used the momon adventurer persona just for gathering information / raising fame, but over time is transitioning to more dark things (though now as I'm writing I remember his "trading" for nfirea + grandma). I also love how he isn't even the main character pretty much, the world is. Whoever the main character at the moment feels as if they belong as it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I feel like the only person in the world that doesn't like OPM. I don't even think it's bad (though I personally think some of the art styles used are shit) it's just not my kind of show.
    My friend doesn't either, but he doesn't like the art after 2 minutes and stopped don't ask
    [CENTER]

15+ Year Old Account
    i'm really glad to hear overlord's ln continues to be good. i really hate reading lns*, but it's good to hear. hopefully it'll get a s2 eventually.

*i really hate lns to be honest. i don't even understand why the japanese even have it as a medium. it's like a lazy version of a novel, like a manga without the art (aka the only reason manga as a medium is acceptable). the only ln i've ever read (and enjoyed) is kizu, and that's just because nisio dialogue is the primary reason to experience nisio works anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    My friend doesn't either, but he doesn't like the art after 2 minutes and stopped don't ask
    I could see if the whole show was done in the art styles I don't like, but it wasn't.

Like Clannad, I've had a hard time getting into Clannad because of the eyes.

O__________________________________________O

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    What do you think about the currently airing show called one punch man?
    No point, I think it's pretty much guaranteed that Hemo won't like it.

Taking bets now, I give it .5 episodes at the max before he drops it.

Just watched the first episode of Death Parade. That was pretty intense.

Edit: is the "void" a synonym for hell? (And I just watched episode 2; I could have just waited)

Edit 2: comments said that "Death Billiards" is the precursor to this series. Anybody seen that as well?
    Yes, it's great. And...

Quote Originally Posted by Sesto View Post
    death billiards was made for some animation contest, and it ended up getting a full tv series because it was so well received. death parade is mostly episodic, so death billiards is basically like any other episode in the show. though i'd consider it to be one of the better episodes.

technically it actually takes place somewhere in the middle of tv series, it's not a prequel by any means.
    ...what Sesto said.

- - - Updated - - -

I could see if the whole show was done in the art styles I don't like, but it wasn't.

You mean O_O

15+ Year Old Account
    art style, maybe. but the animation is OPM is objectively amazing to be honest. i would be surprised at how good it looks, but then again, OPM was really popular prior to the anime. so i'm glad madhouse is able to make an adaptation that meets the quality of the original.

honestly, OPM is probably one of the best adaptations i've ever seen. maybe that's because i wasn't a massive fan of the manga, but it still is really good. madhouse is definitely my favourite studio. they make consistently good shows. some of them might not be perfect, but they are definitely high quality, if anything.

- - - Updated - - -

ahhh, clannad is really good. i understand the hesitation because of the art style, but it's really good. especially if you primarily like slice of life and romcoms.

it's obviously overrated (like the majority of popular anime; even code geass, which is still one of my favourite anime ever) but it's certainly a very good anime. so i highly suggest watching it anyway. one of my favourite manga (molester man) looks like absolute shit that i will never defend the art style, but i still love it because of the characters/story. so do it.

i'm really glad to hear overlord's ln continues to be good. i really hate reading lns*, but it's good to hear. hopefully it'll get a s2 eventually.

*i really hate lns to be honest. i don't even understand why the japanese even have it as a medium. it's like a lazy version of a novel, like a manga without the art (aka the only reason manga as a medium is acceptable). the only ln i've ever read (and enjoyed) is kizu, and that's just because nisio dialogue is the primary reason to experience nisio works anyway.
    Eh I like LNs for the reason of them being easy to read. A lot of novels are just too wordy; sometimes I just want to sit down and read a story without an excess of fluff. I liked what I've read of Spice & Wolf, for example, because it reads like a LN (because it is, of course) but also has enough description for world-building and characterization. A lot of novels, at least out of the Western novels I've read, tend to go overboard with details. Painting a scene with words is great, but so many times authors go overboard. A Song of Ice and Fire series is a great example of going way overboard; 60% of GRRM's writing over those books was filler, but that kinda goes with the fantasy genre.

I'd love to read the Monogatari LNs but my limited JP vocabulary and having to look up 95% of the kanji I come across that doesn't have furigana makes it a long and tedious process. I did manage to finish Oregairu volume 11 in just under a month, though.

10+ Year Old Account

DanMachi was decent at best and from what I've heard from people who've read the novels, the show made the novels look way better than what they were. Oregairu over 1m doesn't surprise me. I'm ready for volume 12 because RIP my heart over that cliffhanger.
    I meant DanMachi got too much, not that it didn't get enough. DanMachi was okay at best.

Also I didn't like OPM at first either. Now it's one of my favorite of the season. I think that holds true for a lot of people. Give it a couple more episodes.

The animation is also the highest quality of the season, by far.

Clannad is the ultimate romcom though. It takes a bit to get used to it, but it is more than worth it. By far. Unbelievably so. There's a reason it's considered one of the greatest anime ever created, and near the top of most polls.

art style, maybe. but the animation is OPM is objectively amazing to be honest.
    Without a question. Some of the best animation I've seen in an anime.

ahhh, clannad is really good. i understand the hesitation because of the art style, but it's really good. especially if you primarily like slice of life and romcoms
    I'll get around to it eventually because I know I'll like it.

- - - Updated - - -

I meant DanMachi got too much, not that it didn't get enough. DanMachi was okay at best.
    Yeah that's what I figured you meant and I was agreeing. I can't English right now; I've literally spoken and/or read 5 different languages today and my brain hurts.

The intro to Death Parade really doesn't match the series, but wow it's catchy anyway. That bit in particular where the white-haired arbiter is doing the Dance Dance Revolution pad really catches my eye in particular. (I really like her design overall.)

15+ Year Old Account
    Joshiraku 02 - marii >>>>> tetora >>> kukuru >> kigurumi > gankyou

honestly, sakura ayane might be one of my favourite voice actors. after kancolle (which wasn't really good, but still) i've had a lot of appreciation for her as a voice actor. she's good at having a variety of voices, yet still manages to excel it each type of voice she does. she's good at both smug and cute. suzuka (tokyo ravens), iroha (yahari), natsumi (NNB), marii (joshiraku), nao (Charlotte), are all pretty much best girls.

honestly, sakura ayane might be one of my favourite voice actors. after kancolle (which wasn't really good, but still) i've had a lot of appreciation for her as a voice actor. she's good at having a variety of voices, yet still manages to excel it each type of voice she does. she's good at both smug and cute. suzuka (tokyo ravens), iroha (yahari), natsumi (NNB), marii (joshiraku), nao (Charlotte), are all pretty much best girls.
    I loved her as Haru-chan in Nisekoi and of course Iroha. She was also pretty great in Trinity Seven as the ninja chick whose name I can't remember. Saw some footage of voice acting sessions from Shigatsu (it was linked on reddit a long time ago, unfortunately don't have it anymore) and between takes she was cutting up and had the other three laughing really hard. I didn't really care for Tsubaki's character but her voice was great.

The intro to Death Parade really doesn't match the series, but wow it's catchy anyway. That bit in particular where the white-haired arbiter is doing the Dance Dance Revolution pad really catches my eye in particular. (I really like her design overall.)
    I didn't care much for the OP of it as well, though some here really liked it. Didn't much fit the show and was just kinda, meh overall.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Finally got my windows fixed now to get my 70,000 bookmarks back + my 50 tabs
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

natsumi (NNB) are all pretty much best girls.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Finally got my windows fixed now to get my 70,000 bookmarks back + my 50 tabs
    None of them pinned?

on the topic of ayane sakura

time for bed

Kitaro, NonNonBâ Manga Creator Shigeru Mizuki Passes Away
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...es-away/.95919

Shit linked the wrong video lol