Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    I never played it or anything but it was an amazing episode. Just watch it.
    As a fan of the Tales of series, I played Tales of Zestiria, and it was okay overall, but I did not like the ending at all, and, of course the shitstorm when they built up Alisha to be the main heroine, but then she permanently leaves your party and becomes mostly irrelevant. The chemistry between Sorey and Alisha was good too, and I thought they get together, if not, at least Rose, but the bromance between Sorey and Mikleo is too strong. If the anime is going to an original route, maybe I should reconsider and actually watch it.
    3DS Friend Code: 3282-4450-9594

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Habanero-tan View Post
    As a fan of the Tales of series, I played Tales of Zestiria, and it was okay overall, but I did not like the ending at all, and, of course the shitstorm when they built up Alisha to be the main heroine, but then she permanently leaves your party and becomes mostly irrelevant. The chemistry between Sorey and Alisha was good too, and I thought they get together, if not, at least Rose, but the bromance between Sorey and Mikleo is too strong. If the anime is going to an original route, maybe I should reconsider and actually watch it.
    You really should, even if you only watch it for the animation it would be worth it.

Deleted
    If he was so shit how would get about 40 people to bow to him?
    http://i.imgur.com/uYIggaQ.png
    They're actually performing synchronized vomiting.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    They're actually performing synchronized vomiting.
    Maybe they also watched the flashbacks from last ep at the start of this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    God, please no. His act in the last two episodes was already so full of cringe it makes me rethink the series (the new OP had to include the ultimate-cringe face). I just hope that the next time he dies he goes back all the way to the return to the capital so he can fix his, well, everything after throwing Priscilla an appa. Doubt he'd go that far back though.
    Underrated post.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    Underrated post.
    I'm a few eps behind so no idea about the details, but inb4 his savepoint is after his latest fuckup.

- - - Updated - - -

Downloaded Tales to see what's the uproar about only to see the fucking funimation logo. Welp. Seems I will have to wait for someone to pick it up.

Tales of Zestiria 1: Am I at a disadvantage because I never played the videogames? Granted I've been drinking but, I haven't a fucking clue about what is going on.

Is this title in any way reliant on franchise knowledge, or fine to watch despite never having played any Tales game?
    Absolutely not.

The only Tales games that are connected are the obvious ones, like Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Symphonia 2, and Tales of Xillia and Tales of Xillia 2.

Granted, keep in mind Zestiria is considered the most "meh" of all the games it seems.

I would of LOVED a Xillia 2 anime, although I honestly haven't looked into seeing if there was one, I thought Symphonia had one at some point, might be wrong.

Tales of Zestiria 1: Am I at a disadvantage because I never played the videogames? Granted I've been drinking but, I haven't a fucking clue about what is going on.
    Nope, read above to see.

Apparently there is a Symphonia anime- http://myanimelist.net/anime/1731/Ta..._Sylvarant-hen

Which is one of the more popular Tales games, if not the most popular. Can't say anything about the anime though, haven't watched it.

Although I'm a bit confused, I found the intro and somehow it barely shows Colette, who's suppose to be like, the most important character...like, they show glimpses of her mostly... (She's the blonde with white/blue on)
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2016-07-04 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    -snip-
    So apparently the episode aired I saw was a prologue so I feel better.

Thank you though for the infos.

So apparently the episode aired I saw was a prologue so I feel better.

Thank you though for the infos.
    Oh. Okay. Well there's that too I guess ;p

No problem though, Tales games are some of my most favorite, with Symphonia being my most favorite RPG ever.

Although I must admit, I got Zestiria and kinda...just dropped it. Maybe the anime will keep it more fresh though.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Death Note never really got me. The start was slow, the characters were terrible, the animation was bad, and it was pretty cringy. I never got that with the beginning of Code Geass, which starts off insane, with a purging of slums, hunting of terrorists, and other large battles.
    ^Code Geass and Death Note > Well, you asked for an opinion and I gave it...? I don't necessarily view action superior to a slower start; it was endearing for you, but I don't really view that as either a property to be used to explain why a series was better or worse. It simply is. Anyway, I believe this has come up a few times in the thread and my lukewarm appraisal for Code Geass always generates some testiness.

Quote Originally Posted by goriq View Post
    Re:Zero 14 - mfw the episode ended

This week, Subaru really was obnoxious. He's in dire need for some character development now and he's surely going to get it. I honestly expected him to die and not Rem, but he will die soon, I guess. Rem still best, even in death. I also really like Crusch and I don't know why, but she really makes me want to listen to Conan.
    After this week's episode I'm sincerely considering dropping the series. I didn't even enjoy last week it was so painful and this week continues the same theme. The sheer amount of immature self-importance Subaru has is unbelievable, and the way he throws away friends and backhands well-meaning bystanders is grating. After being shown the superiority of the throne room scene in the manga I may just read that instead if I want to find out what happens.

I thought it was really interesting how those hooded guys bowed to him before dispersing while he was heading to the town/mansion
    ^Re: Zero again > I clicked on this comment before watching the episode so I can't take credit for noticing it. As for what it means, I presumed they have some relationship to the witch. After all, it has already been shown that creatures who are affiliated with her can sense her influence on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    God, please no. His act in the last two episodes was already so full of cringe it makes me rethink the series...
    I fully reflect that sentiment.

If I had a complaint, it's that Holo's nudity is half-assed. Either do a solid job of the convenient censor with her hair, tail, hands, silly camera angles, and anything else covering the crucial spots at all times, or give her nipples and pubic hair. Having her reveal herself fully only to show she lacks bodily features is grating.
    ^Spice and Wolf > I recall you expressing that sentiment before. I don't know how closely the anime mirrors the source, but my guess is that they didn't want to be stuck constantly with odd camera angles and light beams. Besides, in a way that detracts from part of the message which is that her nudity shouldn't be the focus of things. That said, they do appreciate that males are males and striking a balance that keeps her from being too sexual to viewers is key. Her fan art indicates all too clearly how she is viewed without any additional help in this department.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    ^Re: Zero again > I clicked on this comment before watching the episode so I can't take credit for noticing it. As for what it means, I presumed they have some relationship to the witch. After all, it has already been shown that creatures who are affiliated with her can sense her influence on him.
    I had the same thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Well, my brother sent me 8th MS Team for my birthday.
    Sorry, I would have posted this earlier, but it's my birthday today. I noticed Neichus' birthday was recent, happy birthday man. The two best tastes in the thread with such close birthdays... Coincidence? I think not.

Anyway, these are just casual thoughts about what happened as a first-time watcher; I'll let Neichus and others do the serious breakdowns. Unless someone is wrong, and then I'll chime in.

Episode 1:
    Spoiler: 
    OP: Really enjoy the softness; I'll be listening to it every episode.

That Holo howl, lol...it's such a stock wolf noise; almost as distracting as a Wilhelm Scream.

About five minutes into meeting Holo and I've already grown to like the character and the dialogue in the show.

...Yet I'm still disturbed by her nudity. Like I said before, I don't view it as fan service nor distasteful, just... distracting.

Chloe: "I've grown in more ways than you know of", as she moves seductively. GTFO Chloe, you're not best girl!

Speaking of, best girl looks genuinely attracting in her outfit. More of that, please, and less wandering around nude.

ED: Eh, it's okay. I've listened to it once, that's about all it's getting.

Episode 2:
    Spoiler: 
    Damn, MC works fast, declaring Holo is his wife early in the second episode!

Based on his staring and embarrassment, I've ascertained MC is an assman. He had no problem staring at her front, but her back? Oh boy.

Holo: "And women look their prettiest when viewed from behind." ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Potatoes: Holo's one weakness. Apparently.

Holo: "When people lie, it isn't the lie itself that's important, but the reason why they lied in the first place." Pretty damn good line.

Episode 3:
    Spoiler: 
    Apples! Reminds me of Ryuk from Death Note.

Watching Holo con the merchant was extremely predictable, yet still enjoyable.

Oh shit, her apples were actually part of her plan the whole time!

"Lawrence, have you slept with her?" Asking the important questions.

The exchange about jealousy with Holo and Lawrence was great.

I must say, I'm really enjoying this show so far.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Sorry, I would have posted this earlier, but it's my birthday today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Question about SnW: In the first episode (I believe), there was a different less-annoying more-sexy Holo. Was this future Holo?

15+ Year Old Account
    ReLIFE 13 - Man I thought for sure Hishiro was subject #001 at the start of the series, but I lost faith in that theory about halfway through, especially after the backstory episode because I figured that would be how they'd reveal it. It totally caught me off guard when it was revealed this episode.

Kariu and Ooga are so fucking cute together.

Overall it was a bit of a mixed bag. The characters and humour were really great. The drama, not so much. I almost gave it 6/10 but the last episode reminded me of why I liked the show in the first place so I'll give it a 7/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't quite understand what you're talking about.
    Sorry. In episode 1, it was at the 15m point. I have no audio at this moment :/

10+ Year Old Account
    I definitely wouldn't stop watching the anime just because of Subaru. Inaho was still worse.
    Inaho was bland rather than grating. Apples and oranges imo.

10+ Year Old Account
    So if anyone else is still reading MGA at this point I feel like it has just become a guilty pleasure, it's just so stupid and the reactions are so great.

who is the biggest apple stealing whore?
    holo or freyja?

subaru and ryuk honourable mentions