Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I don't see anyone really talking about it, and I know several people did say they weren't going to watch it, but geez, I feel like Shokugeki no Soma really decreased so far.

Granted, it's only two episodes so far...but it just feels so sloppy. Only really remedied by the characters at least still being somewhat enjoyable, Soma's antics are usually decent.

Season 2 seemed like a bunch of filler episodes to show the audience while they wrote some material.

This season seems pretty bad, I'm hoping it will improve. So far if you only watched season 1, you'd come out ahead.

Been watching Gundam 00, There's two seasons, the second season is pretty much a rewrite of the first season so if you like Gundams skipping the first season might not be a bad idea. (I like Gundams)

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Season 2 seemed like a bunch of filler episodes to show the audience while they wrote some material.
    It's following a manga that has a lot of chapters to adapt, or did when season 2 was coming out (had only adapted around 30 out of like 180 from what I remember), so it isn't that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    It's following a manga that has a lot of chapters to adapt, or did when season 2 was coming out (had only adapted around 30 out of like 180 from what I remember), so it isn't that.
    Yeah, the problem is rushing through pre-existing content haphazardly.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

GARO Vanishing Point EP3: Gina is top notch.

But I'm always a sucker for a femme fatale.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2017-10-21 at 01:50 AM.

15+ Year Old Account

desu desu

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post

This season seems pretty bad, I'm hoping it will improve. So far if you only watched season 1, you'd come out ahead.

Been watching Gundam 00, There's two seasons, the second season is pretty much a rewrite of the first season so if you like Gundams skipping the first season might not be a bad idea. (I like Gundams)
    I mean, I was never big on Shokugeki no Soma, because while the characters are good, I don't have much interest in the cooking aspect. So I wasn't even huge on season 1. I thought Season 2 was okay, but eh. It just doesn't seem like the quality is going to increase any time soon.

Also, who kept talking about Gamers! again. Because it peaked my interest, and this is exactly what I needed to watch right now. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also, who kept talking about Gamers! again. Because it peaked my interest, and this is exactly what I needed to watch right now. Thank you.
    Probably all of us?
    [CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Suicidal Panda View Post
    Probably all of us?
    I swear it was someone recently!

But yeah, maybe.

I swear it was someone recently!

But yeah, maybe.
    I enjoyed the hell out of it. Wasn't expecting comedy gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    10/10
    Gintama

9/10
    Hoozuki no Reitetsu s2
    Mahoujin Guruguru (2017)

8/10
    Houseki no Kuni

7/10
    Just Because
    Himouto! Umaru-chan R

6/10
    Konohana Kitan

Dropped
    Blend S
    UQ Holder!
    URAHARA
    Last edited by Enjeh; 2017-10-21 at 10:40 PM.

kekkai sensen s2 ep3 Chain <3 poor steven had his party ruined

yuyuyu s2 ep2-3cute eps. lots of good no context screencaps.

https://i.redd.it/eb4f8e8712tz.jpg
    Last edited by bals; 2017-10-22 at 07:14 AM.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

This season so far -

8(.5)/10
    Mahoutsukai no Yome.

7/10
    Garo: Vanishing Line.
    Kino no Tabi: Animated Series.
    Kekkai Sensen & Beyond.

6/10
    Juuni Taisen.
    Just Because! (Could get better).

Trash Tier
    Fate/Trainwreck.
    Black Clover.

I may try Dies Irae, not sure yet.

Akimi Yoshida's Banana Fish will receive an anime adaptation in 2018. Produced by MAPPA

Banana Fish TV anime directed by Hiroko Utsumi. Series composition by Hiroshi Seko. Chara designs by Akemi Hayashi

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn...thats one old manga:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banana_Fish
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Dropped
    URAHARA - I just wasn't interested in slightest what was happening. The not-a-single-straight-line artstyle wasn't offputting, but sometimes it was way too hard to distinguish what's going on in the backgrounds. Add in the effort to try to understand what bullshit is even going on... nope.
    Code:Realize - It's a bit of a shame because of the main (and only) girl, but again I didn't have a slightest interest in what was going on. The ikemen gang just adds a bunch of other ikemen and will have some kind of showdown 10 eps later.
    Ousama Game - I don't even know what to write. During the second episode I was just like yeah... no
    Animegataris - I feel it's pointless to watch anime about watching anime. It might be more fun if I had watched more anime in general to appreciate spot-the-refference show like this, but I'm not there yet I guess. What was the point of that red beret and talking cat anyways, guess I'll never know.

"Anime is Trash and so am I" the Tier
    Shobitch - There are so many similarities with last season's Gal and yet I watch it anyways. Somebody stop me.
    Imouto sae ireba ii. - A Title's All You Need to know this show's gonna be the main source of memes this season. Probably.

Surprise tier
    Blend S - 2 weeks later I still enjoy it more than I'd ever expect. And as long as the S girl delivers, it'll stay that way.
    Net-Juu no Susume - Considered dropping after first ep, but the real-world part is just fun to watch and MoriMori's so cute.

And then there are the other 20 or so shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplex View Post
    Net-Juu no Susume - Considered dropping after first ep, but the real-world part is just fun to watch and MoriMori's so cute.
    I can't believe I'm still watching this either. The blame is on MoriMori for sure.

Well, I've gotten through 3 episodes of a lot this season, though there's a few I'll have to track down to watch.

Dropped: Urahara, S-Blend, Ousama Game, Shobitch, Kokohana, Osomatsu-san, Taishou, and Sengoku Night Blood
    Near drop: Black Clover, Juuni, Imouto, Net-juu, Drunk Girl
    Not watched but interested: Just Because, Dies Irai, Inuyashiki, Comfy Tanks, Kino, Mud Whale, 3-gatsu, Houseki
    Look forward to: Garo, Kekkai Sensen, Animegataris, Bride

Anything else didn't look interesting enough to start so if it is, let me know (music ones excluded as I just don't like them in general).