Your distractions and plots will no longer work on us:
    [IMG]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLLRcp-WoAAkqWa.jpg[IMG]
    He didn't even attempt to use a Tsun catgirl
    shame

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    He didn't even attempt to use a Tsun catgirl
    shame
    Pls. If you are going to link a cat girl you need to link the best one.

I was going specifically for a tsun catgirl, she doesn't really truely fit as a tsun for a while into her character

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    I was going specifically for a tsun catgirl, she doesn't really truely fit as a tsun for a while into her character
    Well she's kuudere

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    Well she's kuudere
    Yeh I just mean at times she's a bit tsun like

So in order to enlarge/clarify my weebcabulary:

-Tsundere is hot/cold, meaning they tend to alternate between aloofness and sudden attraction
    -Yandere is obsessive and aggressive
    -Kuudere is outwardly cold but not unfeeling

Any other -dere's I'm missing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post

-Tsundere is hot/cold, meaning they tend to alternate between aloofness and sudden attraction

deredere is a good one.

A bit broad definitions, but yeah, more or less. And yes, there are lots more. Like, a lot.

I am headed to bed and am too tired to be a huge Gilwanker right now, so here's some legs:

Night everyone!

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Also going to bed have some Renge
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Gonna crash here too, have some Akarin~

10+ Year Old Account

- Deredere - As epuration mentioned - sheer natural force of love
    - Smugdere - usually very cheeky and smug, smugface broken through by affection
    - Genkidere - Genki (energetic) character type that falls in love

A lot of it is just mixing character archetypes with the word dere.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    Also going to bed have some Renge
    [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/RdtHMBV.png[/MG]
    Candy shop girl is not fair

Continuing to watch Gekkou...whatever. I've never quite seen the survival-horror-moe-comedy genre before.

I feel moved to quote a Cracked article I once read: "Japan is to weird what the Middle East is to oil: sitting on vast reserves that can supply the rest of the world for decades."

Continuing to watch Gekkou...whatever. I've never quite seen the survival-horror-moe-comedy genre before.
    Is it really horror if it's cute though?

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    Is it really horror if it's cute though?
    Their eyes are so huge with a strange double ring around the pupil; Megu-nee in particular really stands out this way. The style makes them all look somewhat inhuman to me. Or perpetually terrified and shell-shocked, which would be quite appropriate.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2015-07-31 at 08:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    What makes a good group good? And a bad group bad?
    Generally trusted status on the cat site is a good indication to go by.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    What's with Reddit's boner for Monogatari series? I keep trying to watch Bake, but it's just too disjointed for me. I hear it gets better later on, but I shouldn't have to watch 10 episodes for something to get good.
    It's not just Reddit. The Monogatari series are the best selling series since the year 2000, I believe second below Evangelion overall. It's an absolutely massive show, both in the West and Japan. It's many people's favorites, I gave every season either a 9 or 10/10, easily deserved. Some didn't like the second season that much, and the first was kinda slow, but after that it definitely picks up.

Also, one of the most amazing things happened tonight. Went to the local club I always go to, and it was a Super Duper Secret DJ night. The headliner ended up being Tommy Lee (drummer of Motley Crue) with DJ Aero, and then as we were leaving (since tired), we left through the back entrance (guest list, where we entered), and saw Skrillex walking towards us with his entourage. We got held up at the exit, not allowed to move, and he stayed next to us for a couple minutes figuring things out, but we were freaking out the entire time, then went back up. Got an absolutely stunning last 30 minutes with Skrillex. Freaking amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    Generally trusted status on the cat site is a good indication to go by.

It's not just Reddit. The Monogatari series are the best selling series since the year 2000, I believe second below Evangelion overall. It's an absolutely massive show, both in the West and Japan. It's many people's favorites, I gave every season either a 9 or 10/10, easily deserved. Some didn't like the second season that much, and the first was kinda slow, but after that it definitely picks up.
    its actually all because of this.

Also, one of the most amazing things happened tonight. Went to the local club I always go to, and it was a Super Duper Secret DJ night. The headliner ended up being Tommy Lee (drummer of Motley Crue) with DJ Aero, and then as we were leaving (since tired), we left through the back entrance (guest list, where we entered), and saw Skrillex walking towards us with his entourage. We got held up at the exit, not allowed to move, and he stayed next to us for a couple minutes figuring things out, but we were freaking out the entire time, then went back up. Got an absolutely stunning last 30 minutes with Skrillex. Freaking amazing.
    Did you even talk to him? or just stand there starstruck? or just pretend you didn't know him?