10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    Anyone watching Darling on the Franxx?

Thoughts? is it worth watching?
    Its weird....with a lot of levd sceenes.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

>i dropped a drama after only two episodes
    >not following the three episode rule
    damn millennials walking around like they rent the place

Really though I'm surprised by the slow start they went with for Violet Evergarden. It still showcased some great things but nothing much to actually grab the attention of the average viewer. Netflix probably made the right call for the US in waiting for a full release.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asetotti View Post
    yet you decided to watch it without looking up what it's about

maybe you should, to avoid watching things you don't like.
    I read brief descriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    >i dropped a drama after only two episodes
    >not following the three episode rule
    damn millennials walking around like they rent the place

Really though I'm surprised by the slow start they went with for Violet Evergarden. It still showcased some great things but nothing much to actually grab the attention of the average viewer. Netflix probably made the right call for the US in waiting for a full release.
    Exactly, for something meant to be 13 or 14 episodes long the start offers too little. I have a feeling that it'll take her 11 or 12 more eps to discover what love means and that her major is dead (if he is but it seems so, I think it's just poorly done false hope for the viewer but of course I might be wrong) although there are dozens of (shallow and filler so far) characters around her that could at least try to tell her.

Also, you called it a drama but I couldn't help but make a grimace (or should I use the popular "cringe" ?) whenever I saw another fake looking emotions. That overdramatized scene in the bar is a good example. This show feels as unnatural to me as NGE, maybe excluding Erica (who is disliked by the fans on the other hand) but I'm not sure if she won't turn out to be just a "character of the episode". Especially since I've read that it's anime-only character and is not present in the original story.

Ok, I'll continue: I think that overusing blurr effects and overintensifying the green of plants is actually a cheap move but it seems that the graphics give viewers orgasms and are praised to the limits. I'm not saying the art style is bad, mind that.

The music is fitting. I actually think it's the best aspect (although I didn't have enough time to memorize any track yet, maybe because of lack of OP and ED which is not a bad thing actually, I hate spoilers in OPs)

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Exactly, for something meant to be 13 or 14 episodes long the start offers too little. I have a feeling that it'll take her 11 or 12 more eps to discover what love means and that her major is dead (if he is but it seems so, I think it's just poorly done false hope for the viewer but of course I might be wrong) although there are dozens of (shallow and filler so far) characters around her that could at least try to tell her.

Also, you called it a drama but I couldn't help but make a grimace (or should I use the popular "cringe" ?) whenever I saw another fake looking emotions. That overdramatized scene in the bar is a good example. This show feels as unnatural to me as NGE, maybe excluding Erica (who is disliked by the fans on the other hand) but I'm not sure if she won't turn out to be just a "character of the episode". Especially since I've read that it's anime-only character and is not present in the original story.
    Have some mixed reactions to this. I’m not really sure where I stand on the idea of, “it gets better!” or, “just wait for it to develop!” I find this type of reasoning to be invalid for myself; most great anime I’ve watched are great from the beginning. Contrary to your thoughts about NGE, I was drawn in the first episode. Akin to my other favorites, I’ll elucidate on my top 10, the only one that had a grudgingly slow start was SSY. If I rewatched it, maybe I’d like the first ~8 episodes more, who knows. The rest of your post is about perception and you seem to trivialize everything about the show. I’m not sure I could just relegate the bar scene to forced melodrama. Granted, I didn’t buy into the hype train either. The show itself, purely based off of two episodes is maybe a 7/10? It seems you’ve already written off the show as a banal and sluggish soap opera. I have my own gripes about the show, too. None really that explicit, though.

Deleted
    I actually didn't think of it but now that you mentioned soap opera... yeah, it's a fitting name for this.

Can always get back into it later but I'll definitely wait for the last ep and some reviews, for now status is dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Ok, I'll continue: I think that overusing blurr effects and overintensifying the green of plants is actually a cheap move but it seems that the graphics give viewers orgasms and are praised to the limits. I'm not saying the art style is bad, mind that.
    Indeed. People keep raving about how "amazing" the show looks - the art is certainly great, I'll give them that - but I'm not seeing what they're seeing. The show is quite static, and the characters are so incredibly detailed that what little animations there are look janky. It doesn't help that the colors have been washed by the ugly, dirty lens. I don't care if they are trying to replicate a "nostalgic" look; the picture quality simply looks bland.

The music is very good though, but nothing stands out as memorable enough to make me want to listen to the track on YT yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok the plan is for Episode 1 of Code Geass we all order Pizza Hut so we can really get in the mood for the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Ok the plan is for Episode 1 of Code Geass we all order Pizza Hut so we can really get in the mood for the new season.
    Are we doing a rewatch of Code Geass then?

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Indeed. People keep raving about how "amazing" the show looks - the art is certainly great, I'll give them that - but I'm not seeing what they're seeing. The show is quite static, and the characters are so incredibly detailed that what little animations there are look janky. It doesn't help that the colors have been washed by the ugly, dirty lens. I don't care if they are trying to replicate a "nostalgic" look; the picture quality simply looks bland.

The music is very good though, but nothing stands out as memorable enough to make me want to listen to the track on YT yet.
    What is this "nostalgic" look you are referencing? Nostalgic doesn't really apply to this? Are you talking about previous KyoAni shows, because that makes no sense. Are you implying the time period means the show should look worse, like what Spielberg did with Saving Private Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Are we watching the same anime?
    Can you point me to the "janky" animation in VE?
    I'll point you to the post I responded to on MAL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schirmy View Post
    What is this "nostalgic" look you are referencing? Nostalgic doesn't really apply to this? Are you talking about previous KyoAni shows, because that makes no sense. Are you implying the time period means the show should look worse, like what Spielberg did with Saving Private Ryan?
    I'm talking about the washed out look of the show. I said I had no idea what they were trying to accomplish with the look, and gave a hypothetical example of what they might thought it'd do. Sxeblues also mentioned it in his review.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post

with a side of oranges?

is clamp doing the character designs again? their noodle people are weird
    Last edited by bals; 2018-01-22 at 05:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that real? I haven't seen Code Geass, but there was another show I saw that I can't remember where there was a legitimate Pizza Hut shown.

yes, pizza hut was a major sponsor for code geass

ReLife 215: This needs to stop leaving me on a cliff edge. I wonder what Onoya found? I am hoping it is something to help Hishiro remember what has happened during her ReLife

10+ Year Old Account

I have to check on 2 animes still. Seeing that their rating got up after ep2.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuuseishu View Post
    ReLife 215: This needs to stop leaving me on a cliff edge. I wonder what Onoya found? I am hoping it is something to help Hishiro remember what has happened during her ReLife
    My best guess would be that phone strap, it's gotten shown quite a bit.

I... I think I'm unironically liking Citrus. Send help.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Is that real? I haven't seen Code Geass,
    Please leave

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    I... I think I'm unironically liking Citrus. Send help.
    Good, goooooood, let it flow through you.

Quote Originally Posted by Epuration View Post
    Please leave
    Take your autism and leave :P

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?