Poll: What would you like to see become a HotS map?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What Warcraft location would you want to become a HotS map?

My money and votes are on Warsong Gulch, but I'm voting Strand of the Ancients because it would be hella cool to see an offense/defense map.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ulduar.

Plenty of gates to break down :P
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Would love to see a Nagrand zone - pre-WoD. Obviously the center of the zone (Halaa) would feature some objective that would bring about a team fight.

Also, a 10 player team map.

Southshore....

10+ Year Old Account
    Darkshire/Duskwood

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Tarren Mill vs. Southshore would be an easy one to come to mind. But that seems like it would be super 'standard' sorta moba map. They'd have to add some sort of interesting twist to it.

Tarren Mill vs Southshore. It is iconic and would allow both a Horde and an Alliance side to smudged up right next to each other.

Arathi Basin maybe? Battle for Gilneas?

I like the Elwynn/plaguelands suggestion Blizzard had (reskin of Diablo map from the sounds of it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play HOTS at all, but Deepholm. Always Deepholm.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Ulduar.

Plenty of gates to break down :P
    Horde vs Alliance there makes no sense whatsoever, but at Wintergrasp or Strand of the Ancients... (which use the exact same aesthetic and are PvP famous pvp areas)

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a unique idea: Do the Battle of the Dark Portal. On one side, you have Nethergarde keep and the road through what remains of the Black Morass leading to the Dark Portal (center of the map), and on the other side is the enemy base with the dead world of Draenor and Hellfire, with their base being Hellfire Citadel.

I know it's not the question being asked, but they specifically mentioned Elwynn Forest as a location for a Warcraft map in the future during the event today.

But honestly... Icecrown Glacier, with all of its imposing fortifications, would make a fantastic map. A map in Deadwind Pass centered around Karazhan would be awesome too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Eternal View Post
    Here's a unique idea: Do the Nattle of the Dark Portal. On one side, you have Nethergarde keep and the road through what remains of the Black Morass leading to the Dark Portal (center of the map), and on the other side is the enemy base with the dead world of Draenor and Hellfire, with their base being Hellfire Citadel.
    Oh this is ultra cool. Throw that shit up on the forums, Blizz should get in on that one.

Horde vs Alliance there makes no sense whatsoever, but at Wintergrasp or Strand of the Ancients... (which use the exact same aesthetic and are PvP famous pvp areas)
    Honestly I'd love to see an attack/defend sort of thing. But I don't think they could actually balance it/pull it off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran with an objective in the Sewers.

- - - Updated - - -

Strand of the ancients is almost like its made for a moba.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I know it's not the question being asked, but they specifically mentioned Elwynn Forest as a location for a Warcraft map in the future during the event today.
    FWIW, they weren't implying that Elwynn would be a map.

The context was that they were explaining how easy it was to make maps look different while reusing the same tilesets, how Dragonshire and Cursed Hollow are the same one despite being very distinct, and that something like Ellwyn could easily look like EPL with the same kinds of changes. This was said when they were explaining that they would be reusing the tilesets from the Battlefield of Eternity map, but that we needn't worry that it would look too similar despite that.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Naxxramas/Plaguewood, Silithus/Ahn'Qiraj, Duskwood, Scholomance, Felwood, Moonbrook.. there are more I'm sure but I can't remember every single area of WoW.

Karazhan.

Say, the opera event - you fight on the stage. every now and then "shows" occur that have to be moved from (or manipulated to other team's bases). Neutrals in the audience could give you "favor" when they're killed which pushes the "show" to the other side when captured.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran Sewers, maybe like a city like Ironforge type map would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vanyali View Post
    karazhan.

Say, the opera event - you fight on the stage. Every now and then "shows" occur that have to be moved from (or manipulated to other team's bases). Neutrals in the audience could give you "favor" when they're killed which pushes the "show" to the other side when captured.
    FUCK. YES.

omg.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    Karazhan.

Say, the opera event - you fight on the stage. every now and then "shows" occur that have to be moved from (or manipulated to other team's bases). Neutrals in the audience could give you "favor" when they're killed which pushes the "show" to the other side when captured.
    That would be incredible. I would not have the vision to try to even attempt to try to approach balancing stuff for that. Way too complicated. But I'd play the shit out of that map.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since when is HotS Horde vs Alliance?
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Radux View Post
    That would be incredible. I would not have the vision to try to even attempt to try to approach balancing stuff for that. Way too complicated. But I'd play the shit out of that map.
    TBH me neither.. for the wolf, have him spawn and range back and forth across the stage. if he hits you, you're pacified and turned into red riding hood for a short period of time (mostly because that'd be hilarious af).

Romeo and Juliet.. the two have to be united somehow (being kited to each other somehow?), and when they're united they fight for whoever can cap them. Or they just randomly roam, but when they come together they stay for 3x time it takes to capture them before separating and roaming again so it's a very dynamic, keep others away or kill them until they separate if you can't grab it yourself.

No ideas for wizard of oz except random tornados XD

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    FUCK. YES.

omg.
    i miss kara, i don't think i'm the only one so they should do it somehow fr one of the fights!