Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Ah hah! This explains why he sold a big chunk of stock a few weeks back - it was big enough that it got a small mention in the stock market sites.

- - - Updated - - -

Looks like he also moved to Austin - 20 years in LA is enough for anyone.
    Where does it say about him selling a big chunk of stock?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    It's called not burning your bridges. Even if he hates Blizzard with all his heart he's not going to say so publicly!
    Or, you know he could actually mean what he's saying. It's crazy I know. I know.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    What a hypocrite he is. First he blasts Blizzard in his official post about how he left because the Company wanted to follow a business model and cared less about the game, then he does on the forums and says he actually left because his family wanted to move.

No spine...
    Making shit up is spineless too...
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Not a single thing you're babbling about would have fallen under the responsibility of a COO. Advertising, PR, Business Strategies, ISP Partnerships. That's all high level stuff much like the person responsible for real estate would have no connection to whether we have more content.
    I am aware of what a COO is and their responsibilities

If you think deciding on whether to commit resources to make a content heavy, immersive and quality game to target a particular demographic, or to a game that can be coded and developed by a design team of 8 with little content and simple play modes with lots of value added services backed up by an aggressive advertising campaign that can be targeted at any demographic does not fall within the terms of reference for a COO, I suggest you go away, learn exactly what a COO is and how big corporations work

Thats exactly what part of business strategy is all about, direction

Babble ye not!
    Everyone kept saying MoP was shit, but it started at 10M subs. It's big loss was by months 4-6 into MoP, the total loss across those 6 months was only 1.7M compared to WoD losing 2.9M in HALF THE FUCKING TIME. 3 months passed and WoD loses 2.9M players. This is not due to "MMOs dying", but because Warlords of Draenor is a garbage expansion. Cata also lost 2.9M subs across the entire expansion. MoP lost 3.2M across the entire expansion. WoD lost 4.6 Million 7 months after it launched!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shefu View Post
    What a hypocrite he is. First he blasts Blizzard in his official post about how he left because the Company wanted to follow a business model and cared less about the game, then he does on the forums and says he actually left because his family wanted to move.

No spine...
    Ever heard about The Order: 1886 debacle couple of months ago? That most likely what he was trying to do, to clean up his new company's image after the very very short gameplay of The Order.

But sure, let we all continue with the conspiracy theories.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    That is not strictly accurate, it is quite common when an employee has been paid off, and I am not saying that is what has happened in this case, that one of more of the clauses will relate to both parties not being able to disclose anything negative about the other.
    Again, NDAs themselves do not and can not by law prevent anyone from saying negative things. All it can and does do, is protect proprietary and/or confidential material, information, and knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Again, NDAs themselves do not and can not by law prevent anyone from saying negative things. All it can and does do, is protect proprietary and/or confidential material, information, and knowledge.
    Nondisparagement clauses are a thing.

http://www.contractstandards.com/cla...-disparagement
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post

They are but difficult to enforce.

It doesn't apply in this case anyway. I have no reason whatsoever to doubt Mr. Sams and his statements. The rather interesting attempts to use a quote trying to do a little PR for his new company and turn it into some veiled attack on Blizzard say more about the people that believe that than anything that Sams has actually said. That's their agenda, not his.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post

Which is totally different than an NDA. It would be a separate part of of an employee contract.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    -snip-

BOOM you called it perfectly!

But I can understand Paul's attitude; its important to be chill and professional. I wish him the best of luck and can't wait to see what lies ahead at RAD. I'll be looking for their name on things so I know it has lots of love and care attached to it

I feel sorry for the people who worked on WoD. Not the people who gave the order to rush things, but the people who still were putting their hearts into something grand, only to have things pruned back and back. It had to be a dreadful experience in the creative sense to say the very least. I still say the music is good and the zones are pretty (Plus that questing was lovely). I have the sense that within their increasingly narrow confines, that people did the best they could.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow you guys really took this 'no content' whining to a whole new level in this thread. Grats on being total douchebags for no good reason.

Mr. Sams thanks for the good work. Seriously. Thanks. Wow to me has always been a great friend, and so I owe you a beer, or two. Good luck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sams View Post
    First, yes, this is really Paul Sams, former COO of Blizzard. I am posting to clarify that I have immense loyalty to Blizzard, and it pains me to see my name associated with posts criticizing the company. I would never leave Blizzard unless I fully was confident the company was healthy and well poised for continued success. I have had the privilege of working at Blizzard for nearly 20 years, and Blizzard has given me everything I have in life and taught me everything I know about the video game industry. I even met my wife at Blizzard. Last year, we made the family decision to return to my wife's home state of Texas. It's as simple as that. I want to watch my boys play football, be near my daughter who attends University of Texas and enjoy the great city of Austin. Not only that, I want to be able to support the Denius-Sams Gaming Academy at UT more as well. My opportunity to work with my friends at Ready at Dawn is fortuitous and allows me to continue my work in the industry I love while living in the place I love with the people I love. Not many people get an opportunity to enjoy that trifecta in life. I feel blessed and am fully aware that Blizzard paved this road. The fact that I am proud and excited to now work at Ready at Dawn in no way diminishes my love and respect for my friends and colleagues at Blizzard.
    Thank you for all your work Paul!
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    OMFG I hear a janitor left too!
    Even the employees can't handle Blizzard's shit anymore.

*badum - tsh*

Deleted
    I guess CEO is better paid job