[Guardian] Pulverize help

Hello all. Just a couple quick questions I can't seem to find answers too.

Is pulverize supposed to roll over into fresh applications of itself like most buffs and dots? It doesn't seem like it's doing it when I recast it. Could just be lag on my weak auras I guess. Not sure.

Is it a DPS increase to spam Pulverize when its available, or should I only be casting it to refresh the debuff and leaving the lacerate stacks on the boss as long as possible.

Also, is there any way to only cast healing touch when you have the buff up? Sometimes I accidentally hit the button and it drops me out of bear form in the middle of the fight. I like the healing it does, but right now it seems more dangerous than its worth.

thanks!

Pulverize is a DPS loss. Use it only to keep up the buff.

Healing Touch - use this macro:
    /console autoUnshift 0
    /cast Healing Touch
    /console autoUnshift 1

Pulverise does have pandemic effect.. but its only 12 seconds long.. so 30% of 12seconds is 3.6 seconds... meaning you can only *refresh* without waste, at 3 seconds remaining on the pulverise buff.

in 6.2, healing touch will no longer break you out of bear (I am unsure if you can actually CAST it in bear form... or if it'll just do nothing when you push it).

You won't be able to cast it in bear form in 6.2 without DoC buff

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    in 6.2, healing touch will no longer break you out of bear (I am unsure if you can actually CAST it in bear form... or if it'll just do nothing when you push it).
    Unless things changed in the last build or two, casting Rejuvenation will still shift you out of Bear Form, which is mainly just a concern for HotW healing purposes. Kind of odd that Blizz didn't offer shift protection for both, HT is just the more common spell used. As Valkon said, you can't hard-cast HT, it'll just give you an error message about not being able to cast that while shapeshifted w/o a DoC buff.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Jaydenkor View Post
    That change just means autoUnshift is off by default for healing touch while in bear form. Basically the macro Valkon posted is baseline now.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Duh, 30% not 33%. that would be why it's not rolling over. don't I feel dumb. thank you!