10+ Year Old Account
    This game looks like shit and I don't like the gameplay to be honest. There is so much handholding from the gameplay I've seen and the dialogue sounds cringey and awful. Animations look awful. Mass Effect has gone from a sci-fi RPG to a shooty-shooty bang-bang third person gun game.

This is not Mass Effect. And yes, I am aware that this dev was forced to walk back his comment about this issue but mass effect is about having a deep story, and compelling gameplay. The fact that they had to bring up that their game has sex in it is sad, pathetic, and makes it not worth my time. It's another generic third person dudebro shooter.

Fox did a hit piece against the original 10 years ago, and fucking Geoff Keighley had to come on and tell them that 1 minute of sex in a 30 hour game isn't what matters. What matters is the gameplay, and the story. The contrast is stunning.

Bioware is being backed by a billion dollar company and this is what they make. I'm gonna zip up my flame suit for the next part of what I'm gonna say but Witcher 3's Blood and Wine expansion was made in less than a year and apparently several thousand new animations had to be made for it. If a bunch of drunken Pols can make a good game why the hell can't Bioware? They're gonna get the axe soon. Another great company down the toilet. Games need to work from day one. I'm sick of this "ship it out and get our money, we'll fix it later" mentality.

Bioware is probably on the chopping block. SWToR is ending soon with their last expansion. And if this game doesn't meet EA's sales expectations I fully expect this company to be working on a battlefield game within the next 2-3 years, like Visceral did. Which is honestly sad.
    Last edited by Mister Cheese; 2017-03-03 at 12:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    People seriously need to stop translating criticism into “hate” and taking it as a fucking personal insults, it’s ridiculous. I loved Dragon Age & Mass Effect series, but yes, the animation is pretty awful compared to most other triple A games, you may be “okay” with it just as I am, but attempting to pull excuses out of our ass holes to justify it won’t change that.
    The next two comments after yours: "They know their Game is shit", "This game looks like shit". Some criticism it is. I personally don't really care, it's just funny how many people live in the world of toxicity and can't enjoy anything, always looking for a reason to whine.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    This game looks like shit and I don't like the gameplay to be honest. There is so much handholding from the gameplay I've seen and the dialogue sounds cringey and awful. Animations look awful. Mass Effect has gone from a sci-fi RPG to a shooty-shooty bang-bang third person gun game.

This is not Mass Effect. And yes, I am aware that this dev was forced to walk back his comment about this issue but mass effect is about having a deep story, and compelling gameplay. The fact that they had to bring up that their game has sex in it is sad, pathetic, and makes it not worth my time. It's another generic third person dudebro shooter.

Fox did a hit piece against the original 10 years ago, and fucking Geoff Keighley had to come on and tell them that 1 minute of sex in a 30 hour game isn't what matters. What matters is the gameplay, and the story. The contrast is stunning.

Bioware is being backed by a billion dollar company and this is what they make. I'm gonna zip up my flame suit for the next part of what I'm gonna say but Witcher 3's Blood and Wine expansion was made in less than a year and apparently several thousand new animations had to be made for it. If a bunch of drunken Pols can make a good game why the hell can't Bioware? They're gonna get the axe soon. Another great company down the toilet. Games need to work from day one. I'm sick of this "ship it out and get our money, we'll fix it later" mentality.

Bioware is probably on the chopping block. SWToR is ending soon with their last expansion. And if this game doesn't meet EA's sales expectations I fully expect this company to be working on a battlefield game within the next 2-3 years, like Visceral did. Which is honestly sad.
    Oh for fuck's sake, you guys are taking a facetious comment on Twitter way too far. Bioware employees are almost universally a bunch of smartasses on their Twitter feed. You can like it or not, but this is not indicative of a new direction or whatever.

Also, The Witcher 3 had as big a budget as Inquisition had, if not a bit more. Let's not act as if CDPR are poor fellows, they're solidly AAA now and owned by a fairly big publisher as well.

As for Bioware getting the axe, Inquisition performed better than EA's expectations, and Mass Effect has always been a big seller as well. I'm afraid you're possibly going to be dissapointed.

So did you guys hear the latest breaking Mass Effect scandal? Apparently the game is so bad that Bioware cancelled the MP test to prevent people finding out and cancelling their preorders. http://www.pcgamer.com/the-mass-effe...ticle-comments

Also:

Last edited by ramjb; 2017-03-03 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    So did you guys hear the latest breaking Mass Effect scandal? Apparently the game is so bad that Bioware cancelled the MP test to prevent people finding out and cancelling their preorders. http://www.pcgamer.com/the-mass-effe...ticle-comments

Also:
    I honestly cant tell if this is sarcasm, on the off chance its not, if they were trying to coverup a MP they would have blocked MP from the EA acess 10 hours of early play thing, but they didn't so they obviously aren't. Ea early access will provide all the data they need, especially considering most players probably wont start single player early and be locked out of the story till realase, while they can play Mp and not interrupt the flow of the game.

Also once again people taking one of the first unpolished images of a character in a bad pose and screaminhg how she is intentionally uglylook at some of the newer stuff .

She actually kind of looks cute here. Besides why are you trying to find conventional human beauty in a monogendered blue space alien with a tentacle head. I personally only romance humans most of the time. We never even saw Tali, save for that photoshopped stock image and she is widely regarded as the best female li.
    Last edited by Ilikegreenfire; 2017-03-03 at 03:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    …. And? What’s the point here? I never claimed that EVERYONE is presenting valid criticism about the game. I simply said that some people are overreacting towards what can actually be considered valid criticism, it’s like someone called their mother fat or something ~
    I don't know what people you are talking about then. When a few people started criticizing the games' animation, a few people responded constructively, explaining why you can't expect a higher level of animation in this kind of games, and that in the context of this kind of games, animations are done extremely well. Sure, some people overreact and start personal attacks against critics, but frankly, I see overreaction on the other side much more often.
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dunno Mass Effect always had a shooty shooty bang bang to it. It's part of the franchise.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Mass Effect has gone from a sci-fi RPG to a shooty-shooty bang-bang third person gun game.
    From a gameplay perspective, Mass Effect stopped being an RPG back in ME2. From that point on, it was solidly a third person shooter, with RPG elements, which is not the same as an actual RPG.

(Fallout 3 is an RPG with guns. Fallout 4 is a shooter with some RPG elements)

If anything, Andromeda is bringing back more RPG elements back into the series, as you have inventory management (Missing since ME2) it brings crafting, it brings customizable builds, branching talent trees, and many more RPG elements.

You simplifying it to "dudebro third person shooter" shows you don't know shit. Gears of War is a dudebro third person shooter.

Mass Effect is not, and has never been, Gears of War.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Quote Originally Posted by kaid View Post
    I wanted to but I can't find my disk. I moved since I last played it and now it and my xbox are lurking somewhere in a box.
    ME2 is available for free from Origin if you got a computer that can run it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Full Asari nudity. None of this human only stuff. Needs to be equal.

The release date is so close, yet so far away. Shooty shooty bang bang here we come.

Also, when playing DA:I for the first time on Xbox and having a fully nude Cassandra was something I was not prepared for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Full Asari nudity. None of this human only stuff. Needs to be equal.

The release date is so close, yet so far away. Shooty shooty bang bang here we come.

Also, when playing DA:I for the first time on Xbox and having a fully nude Cassandra was something I was not prepared for.
    On the other hand, we could get to see the Krogan nudity... That might be a bit painful!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    I know man T_T I am hoping to god almighty that they allow us to download the game several days before the release date. Otherwise the wait is gonna be even longer for me, as venezuelan internet is so bad, it will take me no less than four days to download the whole thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    On the other hand, we could get to see the Krogan nudity... That might be a bit painful!
    I think Ryder needs a stronger bed frame.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I think Ryder needs a stronger bed frame.
    And before anyone says that a human and Krogan wouldn't be compatible, Charr and Ereba in ME2/3 were a krogan-asari couple with kids (To say nothing of Atheyta's parents who were also Asari and Krogan). This means Krogan are perfectly capable of having sex with asari. Asari are more or less the same size as humans, ergo, they should be perfectly capable of having sex with humans too.

Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    And before anyone says that a human and Krogan wouldn't be compatible, Charr and Ereba in ME2/3 were a krogan-asari couple with kids (To say nothing of Atheyta's parents who were also Asari and Krogan). This means Krogan are perfectly capable of having sex with asari. Asari are more or less the same size as humans, ergo, they should be perfectly capable of having sex with humans too.
    Asari can bang the floating squid things. They are pretty much like Kif Kroker, I wouldn't be surprised if they can get preggers just by a handshake and a few skin cells.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Yeah, but do Asari actually have "sex", like I get that they spoon, but any race can do that. It's not like Asari actually mate. They just absorb genetic markers or something and make "improved" Asari.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, actually, to think of it, in all Mass Effect games we only saw "pure" racial members. It is clear that Asari can reproduce after a contact with anyone, they just pop out more Asari. But what happens if, for example, a Turian mates with a Quarian (they maybe be able to, since they both are dextro-amino acid-based) is everybody's guess.

That said, interracial sex definitely works in most cases; we know for sure that humans can do it with Quarians and Turians, at the very least (as Shepard gets that opportunity). But whether it leads to reproduction is not clear.

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Yes, actually, to think of it, in all Mass Effect games we only saw "pure" racial members. It is clear that Asari can reproduce after a contact with anyone, they just pop out more Asari. But what happens if, for example, a Turian mates with a Quarian (they maybe be able to, since they both are dextro-amino acid-based) is everybody's guess.

That said, interracial sex definitely works in most cases; we know for sure that humans can do it with Quarians and Turians, at the very least (as Shepard gets that opportunity). But whether it leads to reproduction is not clear.
    Maybe Bioware actually rolls with the principe of "you can't randomly cross races by rubbing their naughty bits together". Though I wouldn't give them too much credit either, given how ludicrous the idea of the asari parasites is. Maybe we finally get to exterminate them in the third story arc of the franchise, since I think they pose a serious danger to all the species in the galaxy.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Asari can bang the floating squid things. They are pretty much like Kif Kroker, I wouldn't be surprised if they can get preggers just by a handshake and a few skin cells.
    Asari can reproduce just by touching themselves, but that's shunned and frowned upon.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

7+ Year Old Account
    Which Voice Actors do you guys prefer given all the footage we have?

I personally don't like the female Voice Actress and prefer the male one and I've taken this stance for all the ME games: Jennifer Hale is a superb actress but she doesn't didn't a tough Shepard well.

It's the exact opposite for the Dragon Age series. DA II and DA: I where I felt the female voice actress' were better then the male ones.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."