Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Yes? I don't mind some changes in the story but: a fucking god damn alternative universe reality shit that ruin the original story? no thanks...
    To each their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    To each their own.
    I guess you are one of those guys who "Fuck classic go go go change change change spice things up please! fuck being faithful."

I guess you are one of those guys who "Fuck classic go go go change change change spice things up please! fuck being faithful."
    Well yea, because classic/vanilla is a shitty version of the game. Half or more of the specs aren't even functionally useful.

Forgot about those remakes honestly.
    Well in the case of 3 w/e cause no better way to play it but the IV remake is absolute trash and worse the the remastered version of it on PSP that looks way better then those shitty ass DS models and has more content on top of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well yea, because classic/vanilla is a shitty version of the game. Half or more of the specs aren't even functionally useful.
    Did I ever say anything about gameplay? or you don't know the difference between gameplay and story? I love the new FF7 remake gameplay it is excellent and perfect for me. That is not what my issue is: My fucking issue is how they changed the entire story to the point it is not even the same plot anymore. It is like a fanfiction what if situation created into an entire game this is what it feels really. Most of the fans of the original didn't ask much they want at least something like the current RE2 remake which is an excellent remake for sure compare to the original classic.

Well classic is hot garbage so yea, that would of been better then what currently exists lmao.

Something isn't better just because it's older or "faithful to original", and I'm also not sure why people are so butt hurt about FFVII story being flubbed with when it was nothing special to begin with and was full of ass pulls. Altering it with more ass pulls seems par for the course for a FF game, especially one directed by Nomura lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Well in the case of 3 w/e cause no better way to play it but the IV remake is absolute trash and worse the the remastered version of it on PSP that looks way better then those shitty ass DS models and has more content on top of it.
    PSP is actually how I play IV, it's a great version.

- - - Updated - - -

Did I ever say anything about gameplay? or you don't know the difference between gameplay and story? I love the new FF7 remake gameplay it is excellent and perfect for me. That is not what my issue is: My fucking issue is how they changed the entire story to the point it is not even the same plot anymore. It is like a fanfiction what if situation created into an entire game this is what it feels really. Most of the fans of the original didn't ask much they want at least something like the current RE2 remake which is an excellent remake for sure compare to the original classic.
    And I said to each their own. I read the spoilers, I like where they are taking the story. If I want the old story I can play the old game.

10+ Year Old Account
    PSP is actually how I play IV, it's a great version.

- - - Updated - - -

And I said to each their own. I read the spoilers, I like where they are taking the story. If I want the old story I can play the old game.
    Then they should change the name of it really I guess you loved FFXIII? if yes? then yeah this discussion is over and you have a very very fucking bad taste no offense.

- - - Updated - - -

Well classic is hot garbage so yea, that would of been better then what currently exists lmao.

Something isn't better just because it's older or "faithful to original", and I'm also not sure why people are so butt hurt about FFVII story being flubbed with when it was nothing special to begin with and was full of ass pulls. Altering it with more ass pulls seems par for the course for a FF game, especially one directed by Nomura lmfao.
    I don't mind changing some stuff in the plot and some scenarios to make it better just like how they did it with RE2 remake really. But a fucking AU? get the fuck out of here really. The only game that possibly will be ok with that style will be Chrono Trigger because of how they are able to change and jump from time period to another period of time.

Then they should change the name of it really I guess you loved FFXIII? if yes? then yeah this discussion is over and you have a very very fucking bad taste no offense.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't mind changing some stuff in the plot and some scenarios to make it better just like how they did it with RE2 remake really. But a fucking AU? get the fuck out of here really. The only game that possibly will be ok with that style will be Chrono Trigger because of how they are able to change and jump from time period to another period of time.
    What does XIII have anything to do with this? And remake doesn't mean 1:1, they can change whatever they like. It's still some of the old guard producing the game, one of the writers was a writer for the original

XIII is basically VII with gender swapped Cloud. You can break down both of their stories to a very basic level and they have basically the same plot points to go along with the edge lord protag who has the world against them.

Lets keep gameplay out of the discussion since you basically just said to above, what makes VII vanilla story better then XIII? Most people's complaints about XIII are gameplay related, game takes way too long to open up and is on rails for majority, combat system doesn't open up and become deep until late game, no towns to explore etc... Because if a FFVII die hard fan wanted to poke fun at the XIII story well let me just laugh my ass off at this irony.

XIII is basically VII with gender swapped Cloud. You can break down both of their stories to a very basic level and they have basically the same plot points to go along with the edge lord protag who has the world against them.

Lets keep gameplay out of the discussion since you basically just said to above, what makes VII vanilla story better then XIII? Most people's complaints about XIII are gameplay related, game takes way too long to open up and is on rails for majority, combat system doesn't open up and become deep until late game, no towns to explore etc... Because if a FFVII die hard fan wanted to poke fun at the XIII story well let me just laugh my ass off at this irony.
    I really don't know why people think VII's story was some grand thing. Like I love FFVII, but none of the FF stories are really great (minus XIV because that has awesome moments), most of them amount to some sort of "go find crystals" or "stoic protagonist learns about himself"

10+ Year Old Account

There are many differences between FFXIII and FFVII (not talking about gameplay here), what makes me love FFVII mostly the characters are way much better than FFXIII and most of them (not all ofc) have a very nice background story instead of being just there like most of FFXIII characters really. Characters like Vincent, Barret, Aerith, Tifa, and Cloud (and the big reveal when Sepiroth showed them the picture of Zack for the first time proved that he was right all along and Cloud was just insane was a nice twist for a 1997 year story standards.

- - - Updated - - -

I really don't know why people think VII's story was some grand thing. Like I love FFVII, but none of the FF stories are really great (minus XIV because that has awesome moments), most of them amount to some sort of "go find crystals" or "stoic protagonist learns about himself"
    Ofc it is not grand thing if you compare it for fucking today standards this is what you brain limited people think BECAUSE you compare it to today standards! ofc it will not live up to that! a game that been released since 1997 will not have a story as good or close to the last of us for example have a fucking brain maybe?

There are many differences between FFXIII and FFVII (not talking about gameplay here), what makes me love FFVII mostly the characters are way much better than FFXIII and most of them (not all ofc) have a very nice background story instead of being just there like most of FFXIII characters really. Characters like Vincent, Barret, Aerith, Tifa, and Cloud (and the big reveal when Sepiroth showed them the picture of Zack for the first time proved that he was right all along and Cloud was just insane was a nice twist for a 1997 year story standards.

- - - Updated - - -

Ofc it is not grand thing if you compare it for fucking today standards this is what you brain limited people think BECAUSE you compare it to today standards! ofc it will not live up to that! a game that been released since 1997 will not have a story as good or close to the last of us for example have a fucking brain maybe?
    Because 1-10's stories were so grand? Most of the first few were literally "we're collecting crystals", 6 is the only one I can think of with a halfway decent story, probably the best game in the series.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because 1-10's stories were so grand? Most of the first few were literally "we're collecting crystals", 6 is the only one I can think of with a halfway decent story, probably the best game in the series.
    Well FF6 is indeed my favorite of the series with FFT war of lions as well but again as I said don't compare an old game of 1997 that came on that age into today standards ofc the story will be inferior but for its days? it was great not perfect but great.

Well FF6 is indeed my favorite of the series with FFT war of lions as well but again as I said don't compare an old game of 1997 that came on that age into today standards ofc the story will be inferior but for its days? it was great not perfect but great.
    You just live in your nostalgia then, no one is going to change your mind, and why would we want to. You're entitled to your opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just live in your nostalgia then, no one is going to change your mind, and why would we want to. You're entitled to your opinion.
    I am not an emotional guy and not a machine convenient guy like you either or just like to see shiny things really. I know the difference between nostalgia and quality really. I didn't say FF7 story was perfect or anything like that (when it comes to old JRPG Xenogears take the cake when it comes to an actual deep storytelling really). Again I don't mind they change some things in the plot story and scenario to make it better and flow better but not to the point of AU reality dream sequence shit...is it hard to ask for something like RE2 remake?

I am not an emotional guy and not a machine convenient guy like you either or just like to see shiny things really. I know the difference between nostalgia and quality really. I didn't say FF7 story was perfect or anything like that (when it comes to old JRPG Xenogears take the cake when it comes to an actual deep storytelling really). Again I don't mind they change some things in the plot story and scenario to make it better and flow better but not to the point of AU reality dream sequence shit...is it hard to ask for something like RE2 remake?
    Quality in this case is subjective though, you are entitled to NOT like the changes just as others entitled to like them.

Well the story does largely serve the function of going from point A to point B on this epic fantasy adventure for final fantasy series so yeah most of the time it ends up a bit of a rambled mess or lots of plot points that dont really go anywhere so they twist it or flat out drop it.

The entire story is normally eh. But themes and characters they have defiantly done some amazing stories. Like Vivi's arc in FF9
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-04-07 at 03:55 AM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Quote Originally Posted by Volatilis View Post
    Well the story does largely serve the function of going from point A to point B on this epic fantasy adventure for final fantasy series so yeah most of the time it ends up a bit of a rambled mess.

The entire story is normally eh. But themes and characters they have defiantly done some amazing stories. Like Vivi's arc in FF9
    They tend to play back on story arcs alot though, look at the similarities between Vivi's arc and Zidane's in 9, i mean seriously they basically have the same story, both clones created for war, and both unique versions of that.

They tend to play back on story arcs alot though, look at the similarities between Vivi's arc and Zidane's in 9, i mean seriously they basically have the same story, both clones created for war, and both unique versions of that.
    Yeah but that is good when the story arcs link together. They became bro's and helped each other grow.

I wouldnt say the story is copying itself. You look at the way Steiner fits into that for example when his backstory/priority is completely different and Vivi/Zidanes personalities are certainly different to makes for interesting interactions between the characters
    Last edited by Volatilis; 2020-04-07 at 04:10 AM.
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.