Quote Originally Posted by Phaelia View Post
    Attempting to segue this conversation on to a different path, do you think they’ll flesh out Wutai into a much larger nation than they presented in the original? For it to be this huge war they talk about, the nation has got to be larger than that small town we got.
    It'd be weird for Wutai not to have more prominence in the upcoming games considering how part 1 consistently brings it up.

Hopefully this also brings a better story arc for Yuffie, as she had the smallest in the game aside from Cait Sith (which arguably could be associated with Reeve but I digress)
    It was a fun side story, gave a little more depth to her as a character and provided an interesting challenge with not having your materia on hand.

Vincent's the one I really want to have a bit more spotlight. Sure he had the more interesting flashback moments but there was no actual active content involving him.
    Last edited by Great Destiny Man; 2020-04-14 at 12:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sooo.. dumb question....remake worth 60$ ?
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

10+ Year Old Account
    Kinda hoping they work the plot of Advent Children into the remakes. For something that is supposedly set up as the "sequel" of sorts to 7, with even other games making reference to it, it sucks that they still dont have an actual video game adaption of it. Would especially work better now with the new battle system which turn-based would have had some trouble adapting the action of.

Also hope we get a fight with the Weapon that attacks Junon.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    I thought so. Beat it in a little under 35 hours. Will prolly go back through on hard.

Enjoyed the expanded story beats. Especially how thirsty some of the characters are for cloud. The side quests were ok. Not sure what people's problems were with the rat killing one. It didnt seem out of place considering you were trying to help people in the slums.

The combat was fun in my opinion. The AI was pretty useless I thought but switching characters and using their abilities or even ordering them to do stuff was fine. Didnt use many different abilities though. Triple slash is all you need on Cloud. And chi trap for Tifa when it would interrupt the enemy. Sad thing is. I didnt realize you could increase the percentage of damage enemies took when they were staggered with certain abilities until one of the last chapters.

Game looks pretty good. Dont have a pro so not sure how much better it might look.

It was well worth the 50$ I spent at Walmart.
    Last edited by vom; 2020-04-14 at 03:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    Sure if you want to play it now, it's a good albeit flawed game but a much better effort then XV that's for sure. If you can wait it's a square game so guaranteed to drop in price quickly. Will probably be $20-25 come holidays.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Kinda hoping they work the plot of Advent Children into the remakes. For something that is supposedly set up as the "sequel" of sorts to 7, with even other games making reference to it, it sucks that they still dont have an actual video game adaption of it. Would especially work better now with the new battle system which turn-based would have had some trouble adapting the action of.

Also hope we get a fight with the Weapon that attacks Junon.
    Advent Children would be an epilogue to the final game if they incorporate it at all. It wouldn't really fit in anywhere else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    Game looks pretty good. Dont have a pro so not sure how much better it might look.
    Visuals are hit are miss imo. Main character models are amazing, boss models also amazing and important set pieces look great. Animations and CGI are also square on top of their game again. On the opposite end in random areas NPCs can look pretty terrible and low res textures populate most non important structures. Some random fodder enemies also look pretty bad. There was definitely budget/dev time cuts made because everything that is important looks good and everything that isn't important looks kind of bad lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechazod View Post
    Kinda hoping they work the plot of Advent Children into the remakes.
    At the very least, I hope that the AC outfits and Bahamut SIN make it into the remake.

Final Fantasy 7 Remake is a spectacle, easily one of the best-looking games I've ever played. The CG is really fantastic. But the man hours that went into it are evident beyond its technical prowess. It's not just how visually arresting the game is: The environments, from the neon Wall Market red light district to the sterile Mako reactors, are dense with detail and feel like they live and breathe.

Quote Originally Posted by vom View Post
    Not sure what people's problems were with the rat killing one. It didnt seem out of place considering you were trying to help people in the slums.
    The first time you hit the side quests it legit does put a massive brakes to the momentum. That being said it was definitely blown out of proportion, you get through it and the game picks back up again and side quests get better later on. Hopefully side quests in part 2 are better designed and flow better.

The combat was fun in my opinion. The AI was pretty useless I thought but switching characters and using their abilities or even ordering them to do stuff was fine. Didnt use many different abilities though. Triple slash is all you need on Cloud. And chi trap for Tifa when it would interrupt the enemy. Sad thing is. I didnt realize you could increase the percentage of damage enemies took when they were staggered with certain abilities until one of the last chapters.
    The tutorials weren't very clear on things like boosting stagger etc but then again it was nice not to be handheld. In a sense was fun working out which abilities are more optimal in specific scenarios.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finally finished it, love the game.

I want the rest of it though!

Wonder how much they are going to change though, since we have now changed fate/destiny, will we stop Aerith from dying? The scene at the end with Zack, if you look at the crisp packet, it's a different breed of dog and it says original on the packet.

Not a fan if it goes the route of mixed timelines, I just wanted the original game remade
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2020-04-14 at 11:47 AM.

I am currently prepping for my Hard-run. You better try your hand on the Hard-only sims in chapter 17 before you dive into it: the Scorpion Sentinel is one mean stress-test for the rest of the game. I already dread going up against the Hell House.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Could have really done without the acid trip towards the end, not sure I like where that is going at all. I don't mind expanded stories or some re-written elements but damn. Every second of this game up until that point however was bloody excellent. The combat system was much better than I had thought it would be, could still use some balancing but really hope they keep it mostly the same going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    I am currently prepping for my Hard-run. You better try your hand on the Hard-only sims in chapter 17 before you dive into it: the Scorpion Sentinel is one mean stress-test for the rest of the game. I already dread going up against the Hell House.
    Just unlocked this stuff, can't wait to try it. Though I dread that Hell House fight more than anything. My materia setup was probably not at all optimal but that thing was a beast even on normal.

Man I wish they would give FF8 and FF9 the FF7 treatment, those universe would be lovely to explore.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jackson View Post
    Man I wish they would give FF8 and FF9 the FF7 treatment, those universe would be lovely to explore.
    Honestly I'd take an 8 / 9 remake over anything new at the moment. The quality of the FF7 one is remarkable and those two are damn solid already.

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    Honestly I'd take an 8 / 9 remake over anything new at the moment. The quality of the FF7 one is remarkable and those two are damn solid already.
    My only fear is they would alter the look of the characters, every look of Squall I've seen in games other than FF8 has been horrible.
    His face, his clothes, his necklace...best example of breaking something that was perfection.

I wanted to BE HIM as a kid.

This game is....

Honestly amazing. On chapter 12 or so. A certain recent mission hit me really hard. The character development and combat system are amazing.

This game honestly feels like what FFXV should have been from a gameplay/modern perspective. I love it.

Also, the ost is on another level. Collapsed Expressway is beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by segara82 View Post
    On Hell House hard at the moment. At the start of the fight he spawns 3 Tonberrys. Bit nuts.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    If they did decide to remake 8 I'd honestly prefer they do a proper attempt at the ending, rather than the mess we had in the original.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    If they did decide to remake 8 I'd honestly prefer they do a proper attempt at the ending, rather than the mess we had in the original.
    What was the mess? I mean as far as ff games go I don't see anything wrong with the end.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    What was the mess? I mean as far as ff games go I don't see anything wrong with the end.
    I didn't really find it a satisfying ending. I get that space/time manipulation is a heavy factor in things but at the time it just felt like it was just lots of FMV sequences thrown together in the air for the sake of it.

Funnily enough I was far more interested in the fan theory ending than the official one.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    I didn't really find it a satisfying ending. I get that space/time manipulation is a heavy factor in things but at the time it just felt like it was just lots of FMV sequences thrown together in the air for the sake of it.

Funnily enough I was far more interested in the fan theory ending than the official one.
    It's convoluted but it makes sense to me. It had to do with him not remembering to believe in his friends and then struggling to do so when he does remember. In the end Rinao saves him just in time.

by fan theory I assume you mean where he died at the end of disc 1?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    It's convoluted but it makes sense to me. It had to do with him not remembering to believe in his friends and then struggling to do so when he does remember. In the end Rinao saves him just in time.
    It's not so much the complexity of it but the delivery. I'm not against convoluted plots per se, just that the way it was handled just seemed rather frantic.

by fan theory I assume you mean where he died at the end of disc 1?
    Aye that one. Gives a lot of depth to earlier plot events.