7+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody find cloud's design a little off or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by TitanBread View Post
    Sort of. He looks like I expected him to look after his design in Advent Children but I don't particularly like it much. I wish they'd made him more classically handsome and...anatomically correct. Hopefully they'll do that with some of the other characters though.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    You can control all 3 party members at once. Read the developer interviews.
    They say you can control all 3 party members, not you can control all 3 party members at once. Pretty major difference when you add 2 words to it they didn't say.

A lot of people have said he looks sick, which the director has picked up on. He said it's largely the lighting that's contributing to that in what they've shown, though he likes the idea of Cloud looking a little sick. (I'm assuming he's referring to Mako poisoning or the JENOVA cells having a slight affect on him).

He looks about right to me to translate to this format from the old, original, artwork. Dude's always had chicken leg arms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cloud looks fine to me.

Ok I got a question for everyone really.

What was you wanting out of a Final Fantasy 7 remake (Do keep in mind I said remake) that can't be achieved with a few PC mods? The PC port already has a HD texture pack mod you can apply if thats what you was wanting. I think there is even a mod to update the cutsceens abit.

Remember I am asking about a remake not a remaster. Not trying to come off smart ether just wondering. For me personally besides the episodic part so far this is delivering alot of what I want to see in a Remake.

Edit: I personally don't want to play the same game from 20 years ago.....besides the Ps4 port I just bought lol.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-12-10 at 09:44 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    What was you wanting out of a Final Fantasy 7 remake (Do keep in mind I said remake) that can't be achieved with a few PC mods? The PC port already has a HD texture pack mod you can apply if thats what you was wanting. I think there is even a mod to update the cutsceens abit.
    All those PC mods looks like something a first year graphic design student (at best) put together without caring about the overall consistency. Which gets even worse when you get a few different mods from different places. And then even worse when you consider that some things can't be changed at all by mods.

And those cutscenes updates are usually some mix from movies/other FF games and some classic cutscenes. A few will look quite good, some will look the same as original. Again: no consistency.

You can't compare some amateur mods with a full graphic overall.

(And that's if we only talk about graphics)
    Oh, hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    All those PC mods looks like something a first year graphic design student (at best) put together without caring about the overall consistency. Which gets even worse when you get a few different mods from different places. And then even worse when you consider that some things can't be changed at all by mods.

And those cutscenes updates are usually some mix from movies/other FF games and some classic cutscenes. A few will look quite good, some will look the same as original. Again: no consistency.

You can't compare some amateur mods with a full graphic overall.

(And that's if we only talk about graphics)
    While true for some of those HD mods that still doesn't change the fact when it comes to graphics there is only so much you can do with the original game. The mods themselves prove this.

Like I said if all someone wants is better graphics mods can handle that. What do you want out of a remasker that warrants the $60 pricetag.

In truth this would be the best it gets or dam near close to it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-12-10 at 10:18 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

15+ Year Old Account
    While true for some of those HD mods that still doesn't change the fact when it comes to graphics there is only so much you can do with the original game. The mods themselves prove this.

Like I said if all someone wants is better graphics mods can handle that. What do you want out of a remasker that warnts the $60 pricetag.

In truth this would be the best it gets or dam near close to it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-2gc0z6Wgs
    Thanks for providing a great example of terrible consistency. Stop at 22:45, compare Cloud to well... anyone else (then unpause, and look at animations). How consistent does the whole thing look? And HD textures on almost 20 years old models? My eyes bled at 19:45 too. No consistency at all between the updated models and backgrounds either, all of them (as well as cutscenes) would need a complete re-design to match the updated models. Animations also still looks 20 years old, which doesn't make any sense with these models (well, those who got updated, fully or partially).

This has absolutely nothing to do with a complete remake of the original game by a real professional team. If for you this is "the best it gets or dam near close to it", I dare to question your graphics tastes (and knowledge) Oo.

(And that music, bwahaha xD)
    Oh, hi.

This has absolutely nothing to do with a complete remake of the original game by a real professional team. If for you this is "the best it gets or dam near close to it", I dare to question your graphics tastes (and knowledge) Oo.

(And that music, bwahaha xD)
    Really your not getting the point. So ill ask again what do you want out of a 20 year old game in a remake?

If all you want is a graphics update that has been achieved by modders. Perfessionals working on it wouldn't matter much because like I said its a 20 year old game it has its limits.

What you want is a Remaster and thats not what this game is its a Remake. So what is it you and others like you want really? Why should perfessionals spend dev time on a game just to shiny it up thats over 20 years old and will barely sell.

Here is another HD mod that isn't too bad (In some area's its better IMO compared to the first video I linked)
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-12-10 at 10:38 PM.

Deleted
    Looks spot on to me. He doesn't look as "goody goody" and innocent as he does in Advent Children (which I though was a mistake). He looks a bit more worn in which is perfect given the story and what he has just been through.

15+ Year Old Account
    Really your not getting the point. So ill ask again what do you want out of a 20 year old game in a remake?

If all you want is a graphics update that has been achieved by modders. Perfessionals working on it wouldn't matter much because like I said its a 20 year old game it has its limits.
    That's the whole point. A professional team working on it would REMAKE the game, not just mod the existing old thing with some new textures and models. They would use a different engine that would alleviate these limitations (especially on animations, and world/backgrounds display). Why do you want to limit this to updated models and new textures?
    Oh, hi.

That's the whole point. A professional team working on it would REMAKE the game, not just mod the existing old thing with some new textures and models. They would use a different engine that would alleviate these limitations (especially on animations, and world/backgrounds display). Why do you want to limit this to updated models and new textures?
    Right and they are remaking it.

Like I said what are you and others like you really wanting out of it. The same system but better graphics? I have asked this question three times now but no clear answer.

Cloud looked okay enough, but Barrett looked way too much like Wesley Snipes did as Blade for me tastes. I keep waiting for him to say something about people trying to iceskate uphill.

15+ Year Old Account
    Right and they are remaking it.

Like I said what are you and others like you really wanting out of it. The same system but better graphics? I have asked this question three times now but no clear answer.
    Because everyone wants a different thing. But yes, I'd go for this, with a fully updated engine, the system (and story) is what made the game so great. Maybe added content, not removed or modified (or only minor side things)
    Oh, hi.

Because everyone wants a different thing. But yes, I'd go for this, with a fully updated engine, the system (and story) is what made the game so great. Maybe added content, not removed or modified (or only minor side things)
    Understandable but at the samething a mod can give you everything you want.

Trust me if that did just as you want I would buy it at release. But everything your asking for is a Remaster not a Remake. Thats the problem I think alot of people are having. They are combaining the two terms and thats not the case.

Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask on the 3DS was a remaster of the original with some bits of content added. Final Fantasy 7 is going to be a full remake. To expect it to be anywhere near the original will only lead to dissappointment.

Now to be clear don't take me as coming off as a smart ass or anything because thats not my intent. I am just saying people need to realise this isn't a remake its a Remaster. In truth FF7 has been ported to so many things so many times to just do what you ask will be a waste because of cost alone. It wouldn't sell well at all because the game is already on everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Understandable but at the samething a mod can give you everything you want.
    Except for the things I already pointed out.
    Oh, hi.

Except for the things I already pointed out.
    You don't know much about mods if you don't think they can provide content.

Not liking the HD mods doesn't mean there isn't any HD mods. As I said what you want is a Remaster this is a Remake wanting it to be anything like the original will only lead to dissappointment.

Just a Remaster wouldn't sell much ether since every platform besides Nintendo and Xbox has FF7 as it is. Asking people to spend more for a more better looking version isn't going to happen.

But its whatever. You want what you want and thats fine just don't expect this to be anywhere close to that.

15+ Year Old Account
    You don't know much about mods if you don't think they can provide content.
    Depends on what you call "mod", the definition is very fuzzy. Technically, you could redo the whole game by "modding" it (hell, you could even build any software you want by "modding" another software).

Yeah, a mod could possibly upgrade the engine, and change all textures, and update all animations and UI and everything in game, and add Fallout 4 settlement building system in the plains of Kalm. Technically, it's possible, yes. Will it happen? No. So what's your point exactly? What does "what you want can be done by mods" has to do with well... anything, since it's not happening, and won't happen?
    Oh, hi.

I almost don't care what, I will buy this game, >IF< they ditch that sodding episodic plan. o__o But it's very high on my 'do want' list.

On the other hand there's the FFX HD remake coming for PC. <3 =w= Auron is the bae-boss. Kimahri second. Way second. Auron wins. He wins everything. Auron is the protagonist I like the most of all protagonists ever. And there are few of those in the first place.

Also Seymour and his retardedly wtf hair. :'3

I may like FFX more than VII now... >__>;