Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    when someone remakes a movie do you expect it to be the exact same movie but with lookalike actors and higher camera quality?
    When they trying to resurrect a dying franchise, whose sales have dipped ever lower with every piece of shit released over the last 5 years, and they go back on a long standing promise of "never redoing FF7 until they do one equal to its success and quality" in a desperate bid to win back fans and money, then fuck yes...I expect that. Thing is, thats all they NEED to do...thats all most fans WANT them to do. I dont really think SE realizes this could be the game that ends the company.... If this is done successfully, they will bounce back stronger then ever...if they fuck this up, they will likely close

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    When they trying to resurrect a dying franchise, whose sales have dipped ever lower with every piece of shit released over the last 5 years, and they go back on a long standing promise of "never redoing FF7 until they do one equal to its success and quality" in a desperate bid to win back fans and money, then fuck yes...I expect that. Thing is, thats all they NEED to do...thats all most fans WANT them to do. I dont really think SE realizes this could be the game that ends the company.... If this is done successfully, they will bounce back stronger then ever...if they fuck this up, they will likely close
    Mmmm no. FFXIV pulls in enough money to keep them in the black and they have reported profits over the last year. So the chance of them closing is slim.

While the sells of FFXIII series was not as good as FFVII they still made a profit on them. They also just released Tomb Raider for XB1 and good chance made profit thanks to Microsoft paying for it to be a timed release on there system on top of those sells.

They could release FF7 Remake tomorrow and it be a massive shitball and SquareEnix would still be around.

I find it funny you think you know what most fans want. If I wanted the same game I played 20 years ago I could buy the PC version and update the graphics.

Edit: To add between FF7,FFXV and KH3 SquareEnix will be fine.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-12-11 at 05:54 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Bleh, why remake it if they are straying that far from the original? Just make a new game instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Evelina View Post
    Bleh, why remake it if they are straying that far from the original? Just make a new game instead.
    Kinda why its called a Remake and not a Remaster.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Personally would have preferred a remaster. They are taking a classic, that is widely argued to be one of the best single player rpgs of all time, and they are making drastic changes. The purist gamer in me just wonder wtf they are thinking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't the tomb raider sales flop? When it comes out on pc/ps4 they might start making money from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Binaris View Post
    Personally would have preferred a remaster. They are taking a classic, that is widely argued to be one of the best single player rpgs of all time, and they are making drastic changes. The purist gamer in me just wonder wtf they are thinking.
    Best? Not even close. It isn't even the best FF game. Favorite? Sure. There is a distinct difference though.

Best single player RPGs of all time? Wow. lol.

It isn't even the best Final Fantasy.

All it has going for it is bucket loads of people with nostalgia glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

Best is subjective not fact so for some like myself it is the best RPG. For others they liked FFX more or some other RPG.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Didn't the tomb raider sales flop? When it comes out on pc/ps4 they might start making money from it.
    I think the sells wasn't what they was wanting but if you factor in what Microsoft paided to make it a year exclusive to the XB1 good chance it broke even at lease.

I feel like it's also got a lot of.... I don't know... Iris tinted glasses? It gets more praise than it deserves, but more hate than it deserves as well.

Though I feel like an improved localization/translation team would have strengthened it from the start. There were some things that were wonky or left more ambiguous than I understand was done in Japanese release.
    Last edited by Faroth; 2015-12-11 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    Don't worry, once this FF7 remake fails in the eyes of the fans, Square will finally realize and do what they see the fans always wanted: a FF7 pachinko game on mobile phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suffer the Consequences View Post
    Gender is irrelevant. Everyone has a penis in video games, and it is measured purely on skill. Mionelol's cock is massive.

Well that's entirely based on opinion. Some like 7, others probably like 8 or 4 for example. At the end of the day it's subjective. My personal favourite is 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    I feel like it's also got a lot of.... I don't know... Iris tinted glasses? It gets more praise than it deserves, but more hate than it deserves as well.

Though I feel like an improved localization/translation team would have strengthened it from the start. There were some things that were wonky or left more ambiguous than I understand was done in Japanese release.
    Does it get more hate than it deserves? If you say so.

I've always thought it was incredibly mediocre. It's not bad at all, but it's nowhere near what people act like it is, which is like the best game ever created. With regard to the jump to 3d FF games, I think it's probably lowest on the list out of them all, but I don't want it to fail.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2015-12-11 at 09:21 PM.

Well, technically if they upgraded it to FFX with the same style of fixed camera and ATB system it would've been perfect for me.

Imagine if they remade the WoW models completely and making them look totally different and with completely new animations. Yeah, that's what this remake basically is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by theun View Post
    There was 12 which people tend to look past. I actually like 12. Certainly more than 13 and it's sequels.

With all these news on the remake I'm starting to think Yuffie and Vincent will be mandatory party members instead of optional like in the original.
    12 is the one that made me stop looking at the series for a very long time. (And I was glad I didn't look at 13 for long by the time I got it >.<)

I barely remember anything about it actually, except that absolutely everything felt horrible for me xD.
    Oh, hi.

12's story is actually pretty good imo, ignoring Vaan's terribleness. I just think the combat system is way too MMO like. The license board was just fine to me.

You guys really make me want to hook up my ps2 or just install PSX.....ffs lol

I got FFXII I really do need to give it another chance.

XII's story was incredible - and whilst Vaan is terrible he doesn't detract from the rest of the game too much if you acknowledge that Balthier, Ashe and Basch are the true protagonists. In fact, Basch was originally going to be the main character...at least until executive meddling had them replace that role with Vaan because they felt that he'd be more appealing to Japanese gamers.

>_>

10+ Year Old Account
    When I heard it wasn't going to be turn-based, I kind of had a knee-jerk reaction of initial disappointment However after watching the actual trailer, while I still would prefer TB, it doesn't look that bad.

While obviously the game play has to be good, regardless of which direction they are taking, my main concern is what they might butcher, alter or white-wash over, to either the characters, story or events in the game. While I never liked the art direction the series took with 10 and pretty much dislike how they did all the sequels/prequels what-have-you with 7 (which to me tarnished the feel the original had going for it), from what I saw this doesn't look too bad at all and so far looks pretty faithful to what I would have expected a remake of 7 to actually look and sound like. I personally would have preferred a higher-quality remake that had character designs that looked more like the cartoony/anime designs of the official artwork of the characters from the original release, but I kind of long ago lost any hope of Square ever re-using that look for the characters in the game after Advent Children came out.

From what I saw, it at least makes me want to play it. I can only dread what DLC they will try to shoehorn into the game, but I will remain positive in my hopes it turns out well. Even though I really dont like the extended stuff that 7 spawned, I actually do really hope they have some kind of post game for 7 that makes the events of Advent Children into playable sections since that is one thing that would really benefit from a real-time battle system and I always hated the idea of having to read a book or watch a movie to learn about a "critical" part of a game series plot line. I would actually be kind of surprised if they dont add it in some way since Square has done similar with the complete edition of 4 on the PSP and the 10 re-releases.

6 will always remain my favorite and in the top 10 games I've ever played. I was one of thousands of hyped teenagers when 7 came out and removing the nostalgia from the game I just don't care for it nearly as much. In fact, 7 probably wouldnt make my top 20 list nor my top 10 RPGs list. It doesn't make it bad in my eyes it just didn't do anything beyond hype a new genre of visual pushes which, while impressive, does not make up for "investment" into the story or characters.

I wish I would have gotten time in on 12. Besides 9 it's probably the only modern FF I would have enjoyed. There is a huge appeal to the old steampunk setting that I was simply drawn into loving.