Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Kind of a good thing I guess from what I watched that I didn't get this.

Looks barebones as hell for what it's supposed to be.
    It is the best running/looking and most expensive early access game I have ever seen.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-03-27 at 03:59 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    It is the best running/looking and most expensive early access game I have ever seen.
    So how many months till Rare is moved on to a hololens game like kinectimals?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So how many months till Rare is moved on to a hololens game like kinectimals?
    Honestly I give it a year max and Microsoft shuts down RARE. The game isn't doing well and they are not going to push out content quick enough to recover.

This feels like it will be there last game, Fucken shame too.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Honestly I give it a year max and Microsoft shuts down RARE. The game isn't doing well and they are not going to push out content quick enough to recover.

Its like MS turned into a slower, lazier version of EA that does the same shit at a snails pace. Remember the xbox and the 360 being shit hot and having amazing games? what a difference a gen makes.

I just got done playing Subnautica and the nice graphics in SOT caught my eye. But i dont like the PVP and not having a lot of content kinda hurts and i'm more interested in just sailing around and exploring over the combat lol. Maybe i need to look into a sailing/fishing boat simulator instead.

Quote Originally Posted by notanmmmonewbie View Post
    I just got done playing Subnautica and the nice graphics in SOT caught my eye. But i dont like the PVP and not having a lot of content kinda hurts and i'm more interested in just sailing around and exploring over the combat lol. Maybe i need to look into a sailing/fishing boat simulator instead.
    Thats part of the problem. If you just want sailing you can pick up Wind Waker on Gamecube, Wii or Wii U super cheap and stuff like Submerged on PSN and steam for a pittance:

Thats part of the problem. If you just want sailing you can pick up Wind Waker on Gamecube, Wii or Wii U super cheap and stuff like Submerged on PSN and steam for a pittance:
    SWEET! tyvm, been looking for a good game for like the past week and I think i will get Submerged on Steam. Just now i was actually looking at fishing boat simulators and yachting simulators but Submerged looks a lot better.

It's been out 4 days.

Chill.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    It's been out 4 days.

Chill.
    That's not really an excuse for releasing an underwhelming game with barely any content and then having the gall to charge full price for it.

I mean it looks alright and the sailing itself is good but that doesn't mean squat if there is barely any gameplay.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-03-27 at 07:16 PM.

That's not really an excuse for releasing an underwhelming game.
    I agree, it's a pretty shoddy release but that's just the state of the industry now. I'm not defending them - they've pissed me off with how little content there is in the game. But at the same time, it's kinda relaxing having a casual pvp game with no gimmicks for now.

How the game survives will be judged by the scope of the first content patch and when they drop it.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

I agree, it's a pretty shoddy release but that's just the state of the industry now. I'm not defending them - they've pissed me off with how little content there is in the game. But at the same time, it's kinda relaxing having a casual pvp game with no gimmicks for now.

How the game survives will be judged by the scope of the first content patch and when they drop it.
    Disagree. What matters is what the game comes with. And considering there are games in the industry that come out and are quite decent no it's not. Literally three big blunders I can name recently are No Mans Sky, Battlefront 2 (critically) and Road Rage.

It should have come with more content. Not charged full price and then have like 2-3 pieces of content.

At most this is a £15-20 game right now. Not a £40 game.

Disagree. What matters is what the game comes with. And considering there are games in the industry that come out and are quite decent no it's not. Literally three big blunders I can name recently are No Mans Sky, Battlefront 2 (critically) and Road Rage.

It should have come with more content. Not charged full price and then have like 2-3 pieces of content.

At most this is a £15-20 game right now. Not a £40 game.
    There are plenty more than those three.

The release has been and gone and wasn't great. What matters is whats next. Same deal with Battlefront, if they truly are removing loot boxes, I'll buy it.

Yes it should, and it wasn't a secret the game was lacking content since the betas. All it'll take is a roadmap even just saying what they might release, that'd be infinitely better than their shit communication.

I agree, it's a £50 game that has maybe £15 worth of content. I've got it for free for the next two weeks - no way I'm part with my money for the current state of the game.

Until then, I'm gonna keep playing it until I get bored of it.
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps

Its like MS turned into a slower, lazier version of EA that does the same shit at a snails pace. Remember the xbox and the 360 being shit hot and having amazing games? what a difference a gen makes.
    The funny thing is Microsoft copied Sony.

Sony did amazing with the PS2 but was cocky as fuck with the PS3, Microsoft did amazing with the Xbox 360 but was (and still is) cocky as fuck with the XB1.

This game was in development for 5 years, Why did they think people wouldn't trash it for it being empty as it is. Maybe they did and that's why its part of Gamepass. The fucken demo of Scale Bound they showed had more content then this game and that was canceled.

- - - Updated - - -

It's been out 4 days.

Chill.
    No sorry they released a product and it has ZERO content, There is no excuse for it. The game is already dying quickly and if Rare doesn't pull a rabbit out of there hat they will likely get axed.

We have seen this song and dance with EA and its company's, Microsoft also did it with Lion Heart.

- - - Updated - - -

You can only make a first impression once and this game made a bad one.

- - - Updated - - -

Name them.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So they have already announced they will not implement the death tax. RARE is officially confirmed to be the EA of Microsoft. They just try every stupid thing possible and only stop when a million people threaten to burn their offices to the ground. Essentially anyone who paid $60 (like me) is paying to develop the game for them. This is a glorified alpha. In before this pulls a Fortnite (which I also paid for) and launches the game as a F2P battle royale game with no content.
    BAD WOLF

While the PS3 wasn't as successful as the PS2, worldwide it still did fine. It was only the US where it was outsold by the 360 at a 3:2 margin. 360 was outsold like 10:1 in Japan, and like 40% less than the PS3 in Europe, etc. Xbone by comparison is getting crushed everywhere. The most telling sign is that they don't want to release unit sales numbers anymore and are only putting token effort into first party titles and exclusives now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure why people call this game No Man's Sea. Lack of content i guess.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Not sure why people call this game No Man's Sea. Lack of content i guess.
    Because it highly over promised and massively under delivered.

10+ Year Old Account

The release has been and gone and wasn't great. What matters is whats next. Same deal with Battlefront, if they truly are removing loot boxes, I'll buy it.

Yes it should, and it wasn't a secret the game was lacking content since the betas. All it'll take is a roadmap even just saying what they might release, that'd be infinitely better than their shit communication.

I agree, it's a £50 game that has maybe £15 worth of content. I've got it for free for the next two weeks - no way I'm part with my money for the current state of the game.

Until then, I'm gonna keep playing it until I get bored of it.

Only thing i caution is the bolded statement. Roadmaps mean nothing now a days, just look at Star Citizen, that game is literally nothing but a road map and it still fails to meet those goals. SC is just the biggest example, tons of companies now a days overhype and then slowly fade into silent running, look at Hello Games.

(General Response, not necessary responding to willtron now)
    Rare bombed this one. If Rare is still around one year from now I will be surprised. Rare was not exactly experienced with making a "living" game. Most of there games were Concept>Develop>Release>Move on, Sea of Thieves doesn't fit their normal methods. They have never had to support a game long term. Heck, Killer Instinct they only had a support role in. This is not the Rare that developed Goldeneye, Donkey Kong Country, or Banjo. This is the Rare that spent 5 years or more focusing on Kinect titles. The only possibility of Rare sticking around is through exploiting MTX for the game going forward, but this Rare is only a shell of its former self.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

Because it highly over promised and massively under delivered.
    That's the thing, the game was no where near as hyped as no mans sky.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    That's the thing, the game was no where near as hyped as no mans sky.
    Hyped as? No maybe not but it was still highly over promised and massively under delivered. The developers even lied about how much content it had and did so many times.