View Poll Results: What do you think Look Good or Look Bad?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Looks Good, I'm going to try to watch it.

21 80.77%
  • Looks Bad, I am going to pass.

5 19.23%

Thread: [TV] Lucifer

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I was hoping it was renewed. After S3's rocky start and long gaps between episodes it finally got really good towards the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    Another lame procedural show down the drain. Good riddance. These format shows are the bane of TV series.

Unimaginative drivel designed to keep the sheep watching.
    yeah, this.

as phenomenal as Tom Ellis is (which is the only reason the show's worth watching) the rest is just pure derivative garbage.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one really enjoyed it and am sad to see it go. It was the only reason I kept a sub to Hulu going. Canceled it last night after finding out this got canceled.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

I like Lucifer, but I can understand why they're cancelling it. They're just not really doing anything with the show, which is fatal to a concept that is really nothing more than yet another "cop show with a twist". You'd need some amazing character development for that to keep on running, and Lucifer's entire shtick is pretty much that he DOESN'T change. While he is undoubtedly the centerpiece of the show (and the actor does an amazing job) he is also paradoxically the least interesting character because he never does anything outside the usual - sexual innuendo, "what do you desire?", pathological egomania, the end. There's no interesting plot lines, no overarching story outside of "fuck you, God!", nothing.

I'm not familiar with the comics, but from a cursory glance at the wiki at least it seems they could have done A LOT more. Maybe the problem is that they're just keeping it too real. Everything is mundane. Quotidian. Boring. They took an interesting concept and went with the 'play it safe' approach - fatal to a character like Lucifer, who's all about breaking rules and cranking things to 11 (at least as per the series, comics might be different).

Maybe the network thought they're already too risque with the whole devil thing (it's the USA after all) and thought they'd keep it toned down so people don't get all billboardy about how a TV devil is telling them to sin. Or maybe they thought that their demographic just wants to see some hot actors fling innuendo, and that the rest doesn't really have to deliver. Well, I guess they were wrong.

yep it was the only show i watched on hulu. RIP.

blows my mind, it was one of the funnier shows out atm. Wonder if the bible thumpers put enough pressure or something. Sometimes makes me wonder what kind of peoeple watch tv...

Objectively, this isnt the best example for that open ended question but based on cancellations over the recent years, im not hurting for more.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    I like Lucifer, but I can understand why they're cancelling it. They're just not really doing anything with the show, which is fatal to a concept that is really nothing more than yet another "cop show with a twist". You'd need some amazing character development for that to keep on running, and Lucifer's entire shtick is pretty much that he DOESN'T change.
    I mean, the long gaps and stuff, it seemed like a less-than-loved show for the network this season already, so I'm not surprised. I do wish they wouldn't do these big cliffhangers though, fans will watch the next season, no reason to leave them hanging for months (and now, forever) rather than just a nice tease.

The cop procedural with a twist really relies on the actors, and Lucifer and Maze were great fun. None of the cases were really anything special, they just served as a way to point stuff out to the characters. I was a bit surprised there wasn't more outrage over Lucifer, but maybe adding Mom last season and Cain this season brought more out? Meh, who knows. It's just amusing how some cop procedurals WITHOUT a twist just keep going year after year though...
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's just amusing how some cop procedurals WITHOUT a twist just keep going year after year though...
    It's sometimes hard to say why something is popular, exactly. I guess in the case of something like NCIS it's some AMAZING characters (though they've lost some already and are set to lose more). With L&O it's probably just tradition at this point and an entrenched audience.

Lucifer just feels a little... cheap in places. Like one of those J-Dramas where they think you can just throw together a bunch of outrageously attractive people and the rest will follow, somehow. They had some interesting things to work with but just didn't do enough.

I guess in a way it's a symptom of these times we're living in. Everyone is just betting on more of the same old, with rehashes and reboots everywhere and actual bold innovation few and far between.

Lucifer could have been a super interesting platform to explore some fundamental issues. Good/evil, the concept of justice, that sort of thing. But even when we do get a few interesting concepts here and there everything always remains lukewarm and superficial.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Interim View Post
    yep it was the only show i watched on hulu. RIP.

blows my mind, it was one of the funnier shows out atm. Wonder if the bible thumpers put enough pressure or something. Sometimes makes me wonder what kind of peoeple watch tv...

Objectively, this isnt the best example for that open ended question but based on cancellations over the recent years, im not hurting for more.
    The problem is that the USA rating system for tv shows is like a century old. All countries have developed digital tv and they can see the amount of viewers, and they don't care about demographics because in the end it's the amount of viewers brings in the money, not the rating in a certain age bracket. They'll probably cancel a lot less series once they swap to more modern ways to measure audience participation.

10+ Year Old Account
    man this sucks that they cancelled it. i really enjoyed watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    Sadly, Fox has announced Lucifer's cancellation. The producers mention that they wrote the season finale with a big cliffhanger so us fans will go out frustrated with the end of the show
    I try to avoid new FOX show, becuse I "know" they will cancell it and give it a unsatisfactory end, so why invest time and enthusiasm in it.

Good riddance. The main actor is the only reason to watch it. Police procedurals are a fucking cancer, and the more are removed the better.

Do yourself a favor: go to getcomics.info and get the comic. It has absolutely nothing to do with the show ('cept for the night club and some characters), and you'll have a better time with the first comic than the whole show.

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/tomellis17/with_replies

Luci himself is hard at work tweeting to save the show. I half hope he fails, and half hope he succeeds; I want to see Tom Ellis continue as Lucifer, but I want to see the show be reinvented on an actual, proper network, and made into something that is more faithful to the comics. I want to see Tom Ellis as a platinum blonde!

Ditch all the horrible actors, ditch the procedural bullshit, and give us at least 10 episodes of an actual, proper, contiguous story that relates directly to the actual Lucifer of the comics.

Then it can be canceled for good.

It did end with some dangling teases, but overall not the horrible hanging cliffhanger I was dreading. Would have been nice to have Mayze or Amendiel more involved with the core problem, but both ended on a good note for their stories as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man fuck Fox. I knew that it would end exactly like it did. Now not knowing what happens to them sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Kinda wish they would have ended with Timothy Omundson showing up as full on God if the series had to end on a cliffhanger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Kinda wish they would have ended with Timothy Omundson showing up as full on God if the series had to end on a cliffhanger.
    Meh, he didn't look anything like God. This is what God actually looks like: https://imgur.com/a/keiVxN2

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Meh, he didn't look anything like God. This is what God actually looks like: https://imgur.com/a/keiVxN2

no, this is what good looks like https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/...20180208053709

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    Yes! Chuck is the best ever.

As for the show, was a decent ending. My wife and I will miss the show but it wasn't a terrible cliffhanger to end on. I figure the next season would be Chloe distancing herself from Lucifer then finally come back around toward the end after getting over the face.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Guess they filmed two eps for now-canceled season, so they're airing both Monday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Guess they filmed two eps for now-canceled season, so they're airing both Monday night.
    Oh snap, really? That's pretty awesome. I'm sure it'll end up pissing everyone off more though since they won't know about the cancellation still so it probably won't tie anything up.

Signature Created by Jassinta