View Poll Results: What do you think Look Good or Look Bad?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Looks Good, I'm going to try to watch it.

21 80.77%
  • Looks Bad, I am going to pass.

5 19.23%

Thread: [TV] Lucifer

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    say that you will about it I love this show lol

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    He's not just "the devil". He's the character of Lucifer from this series: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sandman_(Vertigo)
    So how is the show different from the comic series? Didn't Lucifer come "up" to the surface and do mischief?

Like Limitless this is just another good idea made into a corny cop show where every episode is a new adventure.

I like the show's wit, not its premise. I don't think it'll last.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khain View Post
    Like Limitless this is just another good idea made into a corny cop show where every episode is a new adventure.
    But it also has an underlying series-long theme. I don't understand the hate. It seems to be living up to the general theme and plot of the comic. It's carrying a couple of at least decent actors. The writing is good and not plot-insulting (the female cop is catching on to the reality of the devil being her partner - not too fast, but also not too slow).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    I think you may have a point there - only because if they just keep going with solve crimes each week it might get old. But they could have more depth in store - we'll have to see how the first season plays out. The pilot was phenomenal. The second episode wasn't as good, but still carried well.

Loving this show so far and getting Sheila Sazs from suits to play the therapist is perfect! Wonder if they saw her like that on Suits and she was the one they wanted for the role.

They did the same thing with Brainiac for Smallville they knew the actor they wanted for him before auditions and they got him.

Its ratings are this far very strong.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I think you may have a point there - only because if they just keep going with solve crimes each week it might get old. But they could have more depth in store - we'll have to see how the first season plays out. The pilot was phenomenal. The second episode wasn't as good, but still carried well.
    The pilot was better. For now, I enjoy it just for the laughs but I believe outside of the psychological twists and turns Lucifer's soul searching will reveal, the depth and intrigue will come from why Chloe goes to the extent she does to punish the correct person, where a normal cop would move on. She's immune to him because they are the same; she even got the paparazzi guy to talk when Lucifer couldn't. She'll be able to take his place in hell if he won't or be a grounding love interest.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    Its ratings are this far very strong.
    Hope it doesn't go to hell like the Constantine show.

Hope it doesn't go to hell like the Constantine show.
    I'm still on the fence, mainly because I was tired and fell asleep, I will have to rewatch the episode.

Now, I'm not picking on you, but seeing Matt Ryan's show written as The Constantine Show, made me chuckle inside. I started picturing Constantine in a Hollywood studio behind a desk, Zed sitting on the couch playing the foil.

"Coming to you live from Hollywood, the supernatural center if the world, its THE CONSTANTINE SHOW!"

"Featuring tonight's guests: From the land of Voodoo, Papa Midnite!... the star of Spectre...Jim Corrigan!, with your special musical guest...Manny!"

"As always I'm your announcer Chas Chandler, and here is your host JOOOOOOOOHN CONSTANTINE!!!!!"
    Last edited by Feredir; 2016-02-07 at 03:56 PM.

Deleted
    Tom Ellis is so amazing in this show, even more so than he was in Rush, but if this show does get a second season, they really, really should get rid of the whole cop procedural premise, as well as the oh-so-horrible actor that is Lauren German. She's just so damn awful.

Tom Ellis is so amazing in this show, even more so than he was in Rush, but if this show does get a second season, they really, really should get rid of the whole cop procedural premise, as well as the oh-so-horrible actor that is Lauren German. She's just so damn awful.
    Shes a great actor, she was awesome on Chicago Fire

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatix View Post
    Shes a great actor, she was awesome on Chicago Fire
    She's not doing a great job on Lucifer. All she seems in the show for, is to make that one face, the face where her hair is pulled back so tight that it causes her mouth to do a constant duckface. So, basically, it seems like she's in it to be a pretty face. I'm sure it's possible that it's not her fault, but she sure as hell isn't making the most of this opportunity. Maybe she's not very open-minded when it comes to fantasy, or perhaps she thinks the show pisses on Christianity (which it does, obviously, to some extent), but she's definitely not having fun and definitely not being a very good actor.

Tom Ellis is carrying the show so far. Lesley-Ann Brandt as Mazikeen should become a much bigger role instead of the pointless cop. Also, a huge miscast with D.B. Woodside playing Amenadiel. I'm not so concerned with him being black instead of the massive white-haired white guy he was in the comics; they already made Lucifer a dark-haired guy, so a black angel doesn't bother me that much. It's just that D.B. Woodside is so totally wooden, in pretty much everything he does. Nomen est omen, I suppose.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    So does anyone know how the show is differing from the comic series? I keep hearing how they are ruining, but no one is giving details, and I've never read the comics.

15+ Year Old Account
    I really like the show, but i fucking hate this plotline where he loses his powers, it's what makes the show special and this sort of storyline is so bland and boring. "I have powers, look I'll prove it, oh nevermind my powers have stopped" fuck off. If it's only the Woman who can hurt him that's ok, but if he's losing his powers in general then I may stop watching, which is a shame as I've been loving the show.

10+ Year Old Account
    i've been meaning to check this show out, but i'm worried it will get cancelled. Fox has a habit of ripping shows i like away from me. cough firefly.
    Hi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i've been meaning to check this show out, but i'm worried it will get cancelled. Fox has a habit of ripping shows i like away from me. cough firefly.
    I saw an article yesterday saying that with the current viewers it'll most likely be renewed. Wasn't 100% confirmed though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Looks terrible, Fox's attempt at stealing CW's Supernatural viewers.
    Supernatural actually referenced this show in an episode recently with Lucifer in the cage. If I recall correctly he said something about going to Los Angeles in a smart ass way. It was pretty clever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    i fucking hate this plotline where he loses his powers, it's what makes the show special
    I'll take it you haven't read the Sandman/Lucifer comics. If you had, you'd know that Lucifer is, basically, pretty much almost omnipotent and omniscient. Now, it would make for a pretty damn boring show if he truly was those things, and if there was no way anything bad could ever happen to him. He's the second most powerful being in the entire DC universe. All the super "heroes" and "villains" in the DC universe... Lucifer could turn them to dust with a thought.

But, then, how would that be a fun TV show?

Having a mortal human being wield the power to hurt Lucifer is actually intriguing.

I suspect it's just her. Something-something sin free or something.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'll take it you haven't read the Sandman/Lucifer comics. If you had, you'd know that Lucifer is, basically, pretty much almost omnipotent and omniscient. Now, it would make for a pretty damn boring show if he truly was those things, and if there was no way anything bad could ever happen to him. He's the second most powerful being in the entire DC universe. All the super "heroes" and "villains" in the DC universe... Lucifer could turn them to dust with a thought.

But, then, how would that be a fun TV show?

Having a mortal human being wield the power to hurt Lucifer is actually intriguing.
    And how is it fun or special having a normal guy in a cop show? The whole premise of the show is it's the fucking Devil lol, having no powers ruins that. So what if he's overpowered, it still makes the show. It's become a cliche to have someone with powers lose them and they're doing it all over again.