Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

For the love of god, let us blacklist maps or remove haunted mines.

Seriously. Fuck haunted mines.

Want to play a split pusher? Sorry bro.

Want to play a fun comp? Sorry bro.

Get a team with no supports? Sorry bro.

Get a team with shit wave clear? Sorry bro.

Get a team with zero sustainability? Sorry bro.

Haunted Mines is a cancer on this game, just as much as zero matchmaking is. Let us blacklist this map, for the love of fuck.

Even when you win, most of your games are landslide.

Not only that, but the dumb timings, like if you don't have someone dedicated to jungling the siege giants then you're basically fucked. No mule and the other team has one? fucked. Team that doesn't listen to pings at all? fucked.

On other maps, you can win by coins, you can sneak a boss, you can split push, you can find picks. This map is like fighting in Gurubashi Arena, it is so dumb and even victories feel worthless.

On top of all of that, if you're looking experience, sorry. Most of your games here will be 8 minute wins or losses, with the occasional 15-20 minute game if both teams are bad comps and bad players.

As a final note, I got a team of vikings, azmodan, nazeebo, valla and kerrigan vs some other terrible comp. This game lasted for 43 minutes. On haunted mines. Because this is how this map works. You basically are forced to suicide to stop them getting skulls, you can't just let them get a 70+ skull golem after the 20 minute mark, you're fucked. So both sides for 15 minutes suicided into each other over and over. Then both sides 5 man defended, then both sides suicided into each other over and over. So fucking dumb. If it was any other map, we'd of had people sneaking coins, we'd of had lane pushes with bosses, team fights over seeds and shrines, etc.

Seriously. Black listing of maps, get on it. After that, work on MMR and blacklisting heroes.

you can solve half the problem by finding a steady group of people to play with rather than praying to the MMR gods, unless of course you like not winning on a regular basis?

Meh, I like it - but then most of the heroes I enjoy are pretty well suited to the map, I suppose.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    you can solve half the problem by finding a steady group of people to play with rather than praying to the MMR gods, unless of course you like not winning on a regular basis?
    Yeah that's an easy fix. However he has a point on the suggestion about blacklisting.

Also imo you should be able to solo queue w/o disaster...mmr will fix it™

10+ Year Old Account
    It's one of my favorite maps. One of my higher win %s.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

"RAWR! I don't like something in this game so you had better remove it because I said so!!!" Seriously, that's what you sound like. Worst part is you are making your rant on a forum that provides no direct feedback to the people who actually run the game. That plus your hate for the map is based 100% on the fact that the people who you get matched up with simply refuse to focus the objectives like they should. But that's been happening for 20+ years since CS was still an illegal mod.

Any online game you play will be filled with people who care only about themselves. No amount of matchmaking will change that. Its 100% up to you to find and befriend good players that you can play with on a regular basis. If you refuse to do that you will continue to suffer from poor RNG and the greedy human nature of other people.

The only map I don't like is Sky Temple.

I like Haunted Mines.

I am not lying when I say this but I actually had a game with Haunted Mines where 1 team had 1 skull and the other with 99 just as Graves' description says. Golem wasn't quite that small though.

Let us choose which map to play, seriously the random map shit is the reason I'm not playing HotS atm.

HAHAHAHA. God, haunted mines is so bad. Just awful. It annoys me to have a small map first of all, and then every few minutes you have to go into an even smaller map where it's just a gank-fest. And why the fack don't you automatically get the skulls when you kill stuff? How many times has some fast mother f'er sprinted through skulls I just killed. Bitches.

I think it is a good idea to allow us to blacklist maps. That way Blizzard can see which maps we don't like and perhaps tweak them or even remove them eventually.

Blizzard is doing the most to reduce queue times though, even making a joke out of MMR, so I wouldn't count on a blacklist feature any time soon

I don't know why people have such strong feelings about certain maps. They're all pretty much equal for me.

Only time I regret seeing a map is if it's Spider Queen and I'm on something like Nova instead of a good lane pusher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Because its not about winning its about having fun. Haunted Mines is always the most hated map when it is brought up. It is way too comp heavy. I shouldn't have to find 3 extra people to play with just for the off chance that I get 1 of the 7 maps that require a premade in order to not tear your hair out.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    It's one of my favorite maps. One of my higher win %s.
    out of how many games might I ask? I played it a few hundred times and i'm 50%. It is my highest map played probably because the game knows that I hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    "RAWR! I don't like something in this game so you had better remove it because I said so!!!" Seriously, that's what you sound like. Worst part is you are making your rant on a forum that provides no direct feedback to the people who actually run the game. That plus your hate for the map is based 100% on the fact that the people who you get matched up with simply refuse to focus the objectives like they should. But that's been happening for 20+ years since CS was still an illegal mod.

Any online game you play will be filled with people who care only about themselves. No amount of matchmaking will change that. Its 100% up to you to find and befriend good players that you can play with on a regular basis. If you refuse to do that you will continue to suffer from poor RNG and the greedy human nature of other people.
    Who are you talking to right now? Blacklisting isn't removing an entire map for everyone. Are you high? Read what you actually just said.

It has been known since like 2007 that Blizzard uses fansites for feedback too. Where better do I post it? Sub reddit? Twitter? Their forums? Here? In an email? They apparently read them all although the only place you're going to get a response is twitter. Twitter fucking sucks, and I'd rather have a conversation about it, so I post here.

Here is my proposal:

- Let us narrow the amount of maps we can get randomly, so we don't get completely caught off guard with a sgt hammer pick on haunted mines.
    - Give us working MMR so I don't have to play with day 1 players and day 1 players don't have to play with good players.

These sound like universally helpful changes, yet you're in some whirlwind of emotion in the corner, throwing punches at sentences that weren't even said. Your insane rant is just that, insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't know why people have such strong feelings about certain maps. They're all pretty much equal for me.

Only time I regret seeing a map is if it's Spider Queen and I'm on something like Nova instead of a good lane pusher.
    It depends who you ask. A lot of high level players absolutely loathe Blackhearts Bay because you can win 2 different ways. So even if you completely outplay your opponents, they still can "win by coins". Having a zeratul just take all coins and turn in when chests are up or everyone is visible is really aids and counter intuitive to strategic play. You are constantly reacting and never being proactive because you're always having to keep in mind that they can turn in 13 (or whatever) coins and take a keep etc.

Nova is actually good on Spider Queen map unless you get an abathur and they go mine build, then she gets really just stomped when roaming between lanes. Nova really isn't that good though. She relies heavily on the opposing teams tanks being stupid and from the get go if they have a tassadar, only 1 squishy and a healer they are automatically a hard counter to you.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2015-06-19 at 07:09 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like it... I absolutely hate dragonshire though...

I wouldn't mind the ability to blacklist 1 or 2 maps, even more so since they seem very intent on adding more and more maps. It'd make heroes like Zagara and Hammer more fun to pick for QM, it's no fun to que up and know your trait's usefullnes just got shafted just because of the map you got.

Quote Originally Posted by Etapicx View Post
    Yeah that's an easy fix. However he has a point on the suggestion about blacklisting.

Also imo you should be able to solo queue w/o disaster...mmr will fix it™
    If you don't want to put the effort into finding a regular group of skilled players and want to roll the dice every time you queue up in the solo queue then you run the risk of rolling craps. That's the nature of the beast. I'm sorry we can't run all the baddies out of the game so you don't lose anymore. Its a problem that is entirely fixable on your end, in fact there is a thread here specifically for finding other people the play with.

And I know effort is a dirty word to todays gamers but effort only requires sending friend requests to people you think have good skill and play at the same time as you and sending them a group up request. At the end of every game you can specifically bring up the tab menu and send people you played with friend requests. They even increased the friend list to 200 specifically for use in this game.

There aren't enough maps for blacklisting IMO. And it's not really needed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

If you don't want to put the effort into finding a regular group of skilled players and want to roll the dice every time you queue up in the solo queue then you run the risk of rolling craps. That's the nature of the beast. I'm sorry we can't run all the baddies out of the game so you don't lose anymore. Its a problem that is entirely fixable on your end, in fact there is a thread here specifically for finding other people the play with.

And I know effort is a dirty word to todays gamers but effort only requires sending friend requests to people you think have good skill and play at the same time as you and sending them a group up request. At the end of every game you can specifically bring up the tab menu and send people you played with friend requests. They even increased the friend list to 200 specifically for use in this game.
    Christ, get over yourself. You honestly expect the default position for this games player base to be "find 4 friends or fuck you"?

Or, Blizzard could take the effort to put in MMR and map rotation / blacklisting / able to see map pre game. It shouldn't require effort to enjoy a video game.

You also missed the part where I said even victories feel worthless on this map. If your team is actually good as is your comp, it is almost certain that this match will last 8 minutes - 12 minutes. You barely even get to 16. If you want experience, sorry. If you want to just play a fun late game, sorry. It is when someone leaves on the opposing team in the first 30 seconds. The game just feels boring after that. Its not a challenge at all. Even if you play good, it doesn't matter, you win regardless of your play. This map gives that feeling on wins and losses.
    Last edited by Sliske; 2015-06-19 at 12:45 PM.

Deleted
    It's pretty easy to see who wins that map. Whoever is first to kick the other team out of the mines will win the game in the end.

I like Mines - the layout is refreshing change from usual and the actual mine area is good for promoting fights. My biggest issue with this map is Sylvanas. Being able to stop towers and forts from firing is just an incredible power boost to the golem. Even if you have 70 skulls, if they have a Sylvanas, you will need to defend.