Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesftw View Post
    i think there are several ways to "fix" or improve quality of life issue with it, either:
    1: make buff last 15 sec
    2: speed up travel time of incinerates
    3: make it stack on warlock
    making it stack with immolate's initial dmg and further stack with immolate ticks instead of incinerate would actually fix a lot of those things without having to change spells while still having rampup time from the immolate ticks and it has the added bonus of being instantly applied and there is a "buffer" duration due to immolate being a dot but i think that would make it too much of a QoL trink.

Deleted
    Last night for the heroic reclear, we get on gorefiend. I decide to try the arch trinket, 5s after the pull I go in his belly and I m like "okay welcome back again 706 black iron crucible" (I have a 706 gsd too).

I m done with this trinket as a destruction warlock.

Btw I d also like to know if the trinket is really a dps gain in ST as an affliction warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicMan View Post
    Soo... fel lord. That is it's only purpose? I'm sorry, but that's straight up useless. Single Target fights virtually doesn't exist in this period anymore due to Blizzard's raid design. As few single target encounters as possible - the end. Look at Highmaul. 1 out of 7 encounters was single target (Butcher), BRF 1 out of 10 encounters (Gruul) & lastly HFC with 1 out of 13 bosses being pure single target.

Also account for heavy movement and such. Oppurtunities to lose stacks etc. The trinket just isn't good. It serves a niche that doesn't really exist in encounters anymore.
    You are talking as if we have issues with anything but single target as Destruction... Destruction's only REAL issue is relatively weak single target, having that base covered is great, so instead of being good in 11 out of 13 encounters you can be good at 13 out of 13 encounters as Destruction now.

Besides, I hope you do realize that if the trinket would be "fixed" it would get a nerfhammer in 5 milliseconds after fix going live?

Again, it's not like i'm arguing that this trinket is best evah, what I am saying is that it allows Destruction to perform a job it was not suitable for previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    You are talking as if we have issues with anything but single target as Destruction... Destruction's only REAL issue is relatively weak single target, having that base covered is great, so instead of being good in 11 out of 13 encounters you can be good at 13 out of 13 encounters as Destruction now.

Besides, I hope you do realize that if the trinket would be "fixed" it would get a nerfhammer in 5 milliseconds after fix going live?

Again, it's not like i'm arguing that this trinket is best evah, what I am saying is that it allows Destruction to perform a job it was not suitable for previously.
    If your mage's are decent at their class you shouldn't touch them on single target even with the trinket. Look at their 4pc gains as well stack their class trinket on which they can use on every fight ( correct me if I'm wrong).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

That would hold water if Destruction actually was good for 11/13 of the encounters to begin with.
    Have you actually checked the statistics recently? The only fights that Destro seemingly exceeds at are fights with an overabundance of small useless mobs ie. Socrethar, Iskar and Hellfire Assault. These are primarily fights where we exceed due to our exceptional WHORING ability. Burning down Socrethar ghosts is a important duty, so I'll take that, but burning down all the small adds on Assault is of no priority what so ever. If anything it's best to focus down the Metamorphosis mobs/brutes and turrets. Anything else poses no danger for the encounter. Iskar has the Illusory adds which deal no damage. Trust me, I've tanked a few as a warlock when I whore on that fight.

Most importantly, we suck at Archimonde. We can literally be swapped for anyone and anything on said encounter. That worries the shit out of me.

So please tell me your definition of "good". Truth is we're middle of the pack and we provide nothing. Health Tunics are better heals than Healthstones too now.

Edit: I'm also not asking to be as strong as we were in the past, but right now we provide nothing much to the raid. Thank the heavens above for Demonology. Having the ability to nuke small adds w/ 3x chaos waves on Mannoroth mythic is going to be very useful. Other than that fight and niche, I don't see much of a reason to bring a warlock.
    Last edited by mmocede777d469; 2015-07-17 at 11:21 PM.

Deleted
    Depending on the teamcomp you can do the same with FnB aoe rotation, but yeh atm we're far from being a class worth the stacking, unlike hunters/mage/rogue and to a lesser degree wars/dks

I simply cant see a class with such strong niches easily exploitable becoming really good and desiderable compared to more neutral-designed classes like the aforementioned mage/hunter or even a boomkin

Hey guys, had a skim through the last six pages and couldn't find an answer to my question, if it is already there i do apologise in advance.

My question is, does the class trinket appy a debuff to the target or a buff to ourselves, main reason i ask is i'm wondering how it works with fire and brimstone, i've been relatively unlucky, each reset plus bonus roll and still the class trinket hasn't dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Proxeum View Post
    Hey guys, had a skim through the last six pages and couldn't find an answer to my question, if it is already there i do apologise in advance.

My question is, does the class trinket appy a debuff to the target or a buff to ourselves, main reason i ask is i'm wondering how it works with fire and brimstone, i've been relatively unlucky, each reset plus bonus roll and still the class trinket hasn't dropped.
    Debuff on the target. When you FnB:Incinerate you apply the debuff to all targets hit.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMagicMan View Post

Most importantly, we suck at Archimonde. We can literally be swapped for anyone and anything on said encounter. That worries the shit out of me.
    I don't think we suck at archimonde. Yes, we are not doing good on damage meters but Destro is one of the best specs to melt down priority targets with low health. And I think this alone makes us pretty important on this fight.
    Last edited by Zaroch; 2015-07-30 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaroch View Post
    I don't think we suck at archimonde. Yes, we are not doing good on damage meters but Destro is one of the best specs to melt down priority targets with low health. And I think this alone makes us pretty important on this fight.
    Pretty much this. Destro can do really well on priority targets, not to mention the never ending Shadowburn cleave opportunities. You could also spec Aff and train the boss (if your raid can deal with other stuff, of course), seeing that there's ample add spawns for you to snipe Drain Soul on.

@Zaroch

Thanks for clearing that up or me

We definetly do not suck as destro on Archimonde, we have insanely good burst damage on priority adds and we can maintain some steady damage on the boss with havoc also.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by striderZA View Post
    Pretty much this. Destro can do really well on priority targets, not to mention the never ending Shadowburn cleave opportunities. You could also spec Aff and train the boss (if your raid can deal with other stuff, of course), seeing that there's ample add spawns for you to snipe Drain Soul on.
    this is definately true, as destro you'll pwnn on prio adds dmg like the doomfire spirit and deathcallers(i think thats what they are called), the movement will mess up your bossdmg tho and as afflic you can pwn on bossdmg and gain a lot of shards for sb haunt uptime. i will say tho that the way archimonde is built, it wont be the greatest of fights for locks overall, but you will do well on the dmg that actually matters.

Want to do amazing on Archimonde, Havoc like crazy, and when you get the packs of add's FnB and chaos bolt up and havoc the boss full time to double the damage with Shadow burn.