Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    What if you're on bitch duty on gorefield killing soul fragments? Arms still best for that ya?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Almonds1 View Post
    What if you're on bitch duty on gorefield killing soul fragments? Arms still best for that ya?
    yes, with fury you'd rape all of them in your bladestorm, or do no damage with your whirlwind.

Quote Originally Posted by galvin View Post
    On fights with 1 or 2 adds. Is it worth using meat cleaver or just bladestorm it as fury or both. Talking about sorcrathar and tyrant valhari.
    On Tyrant, the first add should I just meat cleave it down while staying on the boss?
    And I take it the 2nd and 3rd add should be directly targeted and focused down with no cleaves?
    Play arms for Tyrant, the fight is the arms DREAM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathhowwl View Post
    13/13 H 710 Warrior Mix of Fury/Arms. Past US 50th Xp, in SoO.
    I would make a note that there is still top parses for arms in some fights post nerf for any fight people can sweeping strikes, rend, execute cleave.
    xhul/iskar/tyrant/council/Socrethar if full rend duration cleave, debately others like manno/arch where execute is untouched and from a progression stand point those bosses only matter during the burn phase

Gorefiend
    Also there is a big push right now for Fury t17 4 set with legendary ring. you have a reck/rampage lasting the entire during of the ring
    On Pull w/ ring>1st Burn/w ring> and reck during during execute range and ring use. This requires avatar/AngM/Storm bolt.

Currently im seeing fury warriors getting away with Hunger Trinket/Arch Trinket Single. Whats the dps loss of Hunger Vs. Fel burn ST
    For sure. I'm thinking if you are breaking people out then arms is more useful, but if you get others to do that, then I think logically you would go t17 4p. Havent seen any sims for single target fights yet, the same could be true for Iron Reaver/Zakuun, since you want to reliably have reck(empowered even better) for the ring on-use. I imagine that could very well be the case untill full mythic t18 or something thereabout.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    THOUGHTS? When you've got T17M 4pc, and T18H 4pc.

T18 Heroic Bosses Spec Gear Talents Trinkets
    Hellfire Assault Fury T17 M 4pc DR / BS / AM Horn + Chorus
    Iron Reaver Fury T18 H 4pc SB / BB / AM World + Horn
    Hellfire Council Arms T18 H 4pc DR / Tfb / BB / AM World + Unending
    Kormrok Fury T17 M 4pc DR / BS / AM Horn + Chorus
    Gorefiend Fury T17 M 4pc DR / BS / AM World + Horn
    Shadowlord Fury T17 M 4pc DR / BS / AM Horn + Chorus
    Socrethar Fury T17 M 4pc DR / BS / AM World + Horn
    Tyrant Velhari Arms T18 H 4pc DR / Tfb / BB / AM World + Unending
    Xhul'Horac Fury T17 M 4pc DR / BS / AM World + Horn
    Fel Lord Zakuun Fury T17 M 4pc DR / BB / AM World + Horn
    Mannoroth Glad? T18 H 4pc US / DR / BB World + Horn
    Archimonde Arms T18 H 4pc DR / Tfb / BB / AM World + Unending
    I can see Iskar happening, unsure about fury for Socrethar/Xhul though.

Just updated the ST fights and Gorefiend(thanks to Deathhowwl). Still haven't changed Mannoroth, although you'll do better numbers as fury, but as far as if you aren't doing it on mythic, which I can't speak about, the only "important" phase is 35% and arms will have better DPS for that portion.
    Warrior Armory
    Twitch Stream
    Warrior DPS Hellfire Citadel Guide (Spreadsheet and Videos)
    BattleTag: fuguki#2456

[IMG][/IMG]

Deleted
    #80 Is not a tier design fail when the players choose t17 over t18 in half of the encounters? xD Or is just normal?

EDIT: I didn't noticed that the t17 had to be M and the 18 H , but even with that... xD

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus-WOW View Post
    THOUGHTS? When you've got T17M 4pc, and T18H 4pc.

T18 Heroic Bosses Spec Gear Talents Trinkets
    Hellfire Assault Fury T17 M 4pc DR / BS / AM Horn + Chorus
    Iron Reaver Fury T18 H 4pc SB / BB / AM World + Horn
    Hellfire Council Arms T18 H 4pc DR / Tfb / BB / AM World + Unending
    Kormrok Fury T17 M 4pc DR / BS / AM Horn + Chorus
    Gorefiend Fury T17 M 4pc DR / BS / AM World + Horn
    Shadowlord Fury T17 M 4pc DR / BS / AM Horn + Chorus
    Socrethar Fury T17 M 4pc DR / BS / AM World + Horn
    Tyrant Velhari Arms T18 H 4pc DR / Tfb / BB / AM World + Unending
    Xhul'Horac Fury T17 M 4pc DR / BS / AM World + Horn
    Fel Lord Zakuun Fury T17 M 4pc DR / BB / AM World + Horn
    Mannoroth Glad? T18 H 4pc US / DR / BB World + Horn
    Archimonde Arms T18 H 4pc DR / Tfb / BB / AM World + Unending
    Why Bladestorm on Gorefiend? You can't be serious about using it for add dps.

Why DR on Kormrok? I don't see any occasions except maybe Foul Crush where your DR would hit more than one target. I'd say SB here is better.

Might argue Ravager on Iskar but I don't really know any better.

Not sure why Glad on Mannoroth - Fury is still great, you can take Bladestorm for imps to pad I guess.

Also, I'd think Avatar is better than BB for some of the fights. Collision even said so in the guide.

HFA: Fury, T17, DR/BS/AM
    IR: Fury, T18, DR/Ava/(any 100 works)
    Kormrok: Fury, T18, DR/BS/AM
    Council: Arms, T18, DR/BB/Rav
    Kilrog: Fury, T18(17 maybe for execute burst), DR/BS/AM
    Gore: Arms, T18, DR/BB/Rav (Boss I'm least certain off, Fury may be better if you have better classes to handle the spirits).
    Iskar: Arms, T18, DR/BB/Rav
    Socrethar: Arms, T18, DR/BB/Rav
    Zakuun: Fury, T18, SB/Ava/(any 100 works)
    Velhari: Arms, T18, DR/BB/Rav
    Xhul (If you need imp damage): Fury, T18, SW/BS/AM | (If you don't need imp damage): Arms, T18, SW/BB/Rav
    Mannoroth: Fury, T18, (SW/DR)/BS/AM
    Archi: TBD

That's what I'd say for Mythic. Your guild may require other things then what mine did/does, meaning some of these may not be optimal for them, but it's what I'd say (with the knowledge I have right now) is best for me.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    What do you gain from being Arms on Socrethar? I assume because there's lots of executes to be done on the add but you can't cleave them onto the boss?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    What do you gain from being Arms on Socrethar? I assume because there's lots of executes to be done on the add but you can't cleave them onto the boss?
    I've always seen Socrethar more as a Fury fight rather than an Arms fight.

But some raid groups choose to bring the Shadowcaller into the raid via grip, so there's your cleave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReclusiarchGrim View Post
    I've always seen Socrethar more as a Fury fight rather than an Arms fight.

But some raid groups choose to bring the Shadowcaller into the raid via grip, so there's your cleave.
    I suppose that's true, unfortunately for our raid team we only have 1 DK and the range aren't great at interrupting so the Shadowcaller usually gets half way before dying I did forget about that add, was talking about the dominator originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashtwo View Post
    I'm positive Socrethar still generates MS resets when he's immune, so you have 2(3 if caster's there) rends ticking when dealing with the dominator, giving you loads of MSs. That, along with cleaving caster/boss when there's no dominator.
    I can't speak on behalf of Sarri but I believe this is(if not all then part of) the reasoning behind it.
    Warrior Armory
    Twitch Stream

[IMG][/IMG]

Rend resets on both soc and velhari when they're immune.

The thing about arms now is that even on two targets it's very inconsistent. This will work out in the long run if the two targets live long enough, however on something like soc you don't get this. I'd be curious to hear why Sarri thinks arms for soc.

You cleave for a good portion of Socrethar, meaning you get a lot of value out of Arms. There's also the fact that you need to burst down the dominator quickly, and the class trinket for Fury doesn't really work well with that concept.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    You cleave for a good portion of Socrethar, meaning you get a lot of value out of Arms. There's also the fact that you need to burst down the dominator quickly, and the class trinket for Fury doesn't really work well with that concept.
    Well I can't disagree with you as I've not gotten to mythic soc yet however I find it unreliable to get resets now even on two targets which is why I wouldn't trust it for bursting down the dominator.

Anyone have a more in depth guide for this raid? This is more of how to pad and top meters then a how to be a good warrior in hfc guide. Which is fine btw, not hating, the only issue I saw was it revolved around arms a bit too much when we all saw a nerf coming, making most of the guide outdated post nerf. With an update, it and the conversations about it will help a bunch of people do solid numbers.

Just looking for one with a bit more detail, making the most of intervene/vig, timing dbts/regen, etc etc. I usually see a post like that every tier... and maybe i missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Anyone have a more in depth guide for this raid? This is more of how to pad and top meters then a how to be a good warrior in hfc guide. Which is fine btw, not hating, the only issue I saw was it revolved around arms a bit too much when we all saw a nerf coming, making most of the guide outdated post nerf. With an update, it and the conversations about it will help a bunch of people do solid numbers.

Just looking for one with a bit more detail, making the most of intervene/vig, timing dbts/regen, etc etc. I usually see a post like that every tier... and maybe i missed it.
    It has been updated to the nerf that happened to the arms 4p. If you disagree with any specific fight's specc(which it sounds like), feel free to be more specific and I'll try to explain my reasoning and you yours and in the end we'll all be better off than simply just disagreeing without having a discussion.
    Warrior Armory
    Twitch Stream

[IMG][/IMG]

Deleted
    Quick question , in Gorefiend , what is the time approx between feast and feast? like about 2 min right?

Quote Originally Posted by Sverth View Post
    Quick question , in Gorefiend , what is the time approx between feast and feast? like about 2 min right?
    first feast is 2 mins in, then 3 minutes in between feasts

so 2,5,8

Quote Originally Posted by Kaljurei View Post

Why Bladestorm on Gorefiend? adds are my responsibility. the big add you interrupt is the one you bladestorm.

Why DR on Kormrok? The Grasping Hands.

Might argue Ravager on Iskar but I don't really know any better. Up to you. I like having reck on a 2min timer for that fight.

Not sure why Glad on Mannoroth - Fury is still great, you can take Bladestorm for imps to pad I guess. I was kind of joking based on another thread. Also adds need to die on that fight, it's not padding.

Also, I'd think Avatar is better than BB for some of the fights. Collision even said so in the guide. I basically used Collisions logs to come up with this. I asked him to look at the list I made and comment.
    Answered inline. hope that helps. I like Sarri's list better for mythic where some adds aren't getting 3 shot.
    Armory
    Twitter
    Gladiator's Resolve Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Von Bosch View Post
    Warriors are hereos that draw thier super human strength from thier relentless fury and thier unstoppeble willpower to fight on til the end of days.

Does this guide refer to mythic only? Cause as heroic this does not work at all...

Glad is great on Mannoroth HC..

Mainly because you can easily put deep wounds on infernals with no risk, you can passive cleave the imps down and it has strong single target. As usual with Glad though it will show good numbers at the end of the fight (better than either other spec on this fight imo) but has no execute dps and so is not worth using on progress, since Mannoroth has an important Execute phase, while the rest of the fight is just filler.

Fury/Arms will do less dps over the fight perhaps, but will do a much higher % of their dps at the end, where it's needed.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2015-07-29 at 04:49 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4