Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Anyone else get permabanned for simply playing the game?

Apparently a banwave went out and it's hit ... a hell of a lot of people. Including me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...st_get_banned/

A lot of people are suggesting that switching from the 64 bit to 32 bit client might have got us false flagged. Has anyone else been banned by mistake who also changed the client to try to solve the performance issues in game? I switched to 32 bit a week ago.

Sad thing is, all I do is play casual versus AI games with a friend from WoW who also plays casually. We only ever play together, and only versus AI. She didn't get banned, I did.

Maybe the bots reported me for farming them as Nova?

Deleted
    Maybe you've been bad.

I'd say if you feel you were banned wrongly, appeal it in a support ticket on the site. However, only you will know at this point if that's a lie or not.

15+ Year Old Account
    I heard some people got wrongfully caught up in a ban wave aimed at people using a new map hack. When I see this for wow, it's often times for botting, people run to the forums claiming they did nothing wrong, but most admit they were using bots eventually and blame blizzard for the game being boring. I'm not saying you DID do anything wrong, but the number of people wrongfully flagged tends to be very over stated.

If you want, you can probably contest the ban and get back in to the game

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've genuinely been wrongfully banned, appeal it. I've never known Blizzard to not overturn an unjust ban, which do occasionally happen.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Versus AI still puts you on a team with human players (unless you check the box to fill up your team with AI). I'm kinda curious, what reason did they give you in the e-mail that came with the ban?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Versus AI still puts you on a team with human players (unless you check the box to fill up your team with AI). I'm kinda curious, what reason did they give you in the e-mail that came with the ban?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    * * * NOTICE OF ACCOUNT CLOSURE * * *

Closure - Heroes of the Storm License
    Violation: Exploitation/Abuse of Game Mechanics

This includes exploiting game design, advertising exploits to other players, automating any aspect of gameplay, or using an unauthorized cheat program (also known as a hack). These programs provide player benefits normally not achievable in Heroes of the Storm. Such benefits include, but are not limited to, increased map visibility, abuse of connection speed, game crashes, etc. These unauthorized programs harm the competitive environment because they offer an unfair advantage over other players and supersede the intended limits of the game.

The above game license has been closed following this violation of our in-game policies. As the account holder, you are responsible for the activity associated with this game license. The abuse that took place was an unacceptable detriment to other players and the quality of our service as a whole. Even if this is the result of account sharing, the account owner is still be held responsible for the penalty because of the impact it had on the game environment.

No compensation has been provided for real money spent on this account. This action includes a permanent ban on Heroes of the Storm access. If you wish to play Heroes of the Storm you may do so only with a new or separate Battle.net account.

We don't take this decision lightly. Our team issued this closure only after a careful review of relevant evidence. Our support staff will not overturn these closures and may not respond to appeals. For information, see our article: http://www.battle.net/support/article/6741

Regards,

Customer Support
    Blizzard Entertainment
    http://battle.net/support

Make an appeal. I hae never - not once - seen nor heard of Blizzard ever, ever un fairly banning a player and ignoring their appeal. If you did not cheat then you will get let back in.

Deleted
    Well I hope so. I've never cheated in any game ever, and I've played Blizzard games since Warcraft 2 back when I was like ... eight years old. Would be sad for it to end like this.

Hi,

I made an account specifically to reply to this thread (cause it popped up in Google) - I have the exact same issue, received a perma ban from HoTS, even though I have never ever used any third-party programs, exploits or meddled with the game files in any way.

I have been using a 32-bit client.

I do hope this is just a mistake and will get lifted soon (obviously I appealed from this decision).

If your hands really are clean, appeal it. Banwaves do sometimes catch false positives.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in a similar boat. Granted no one can know for sure you're innocent other than yourself so saying "I didnt cheat" doesnt really prove anything. I got permabanned as well. I've narrowed it down to the following:

(1) One of my friends is a filthy cheater and I'm getting banned by association for grouping with them.
    (2) I use a macro on my G405 logitech mouse software to spam left clicks (useful for curbing gaming related athritis when spamming markers on the minimap). http://i.imgur.com/fUDyFGJ.png
    (3) A few days ago (my last HOTS game) I experienced crippling in-game only lag for the first time. I was not alone in this, my friend Nail was getting it as well, albeit not to the severity I was. It was late and the lag made me frustrated which is something I'm usually good at avoiding when playing online games at my age. Anyways, due to me being sleepy and barely being able to play due to how lag is tied to FPS (as if you're playing a stream in HOTS, which is the only way I can accurately describe the mechanic of the lag in HOTS) I was playing worse than normal. I decided to just shut off my PC and go to bed. I voiced this to my friends on teamspeak that I was done and that the bot that takes over when a player disconnects would play better than me. So I alt+f4'd and went to sleep. That was a few days ago and now I am banned.
    Last edited by Supakaiser; 2015-07-09 at 07:37 AM.
    Tired of ElvUI and its various clones?

Try one of these:

Altz UI
    // RealUI // KaitUI // ls: UI

Quote Originally Posted by Seja Victrix View Post
    Apparently a banwave went out and it's hit ... a hell of a lot of people. Including me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthe...st_get_banned/

A lot of people are suggesting that switching from the 64 bit to 32 bit client might have got us false flagged. Has anyone else been banned by mistake who also changed the client to try to solve the performance issues in game? I switched to 32 bit a week ago.

Sad thing is, all I do is play casual versus AI games with a friend from WoW who also plays casually. We only ever play together, and only versus AI. She didn't get banned, I did.

Maybe the bots reported me for farming them as Nova?
    Dunno. I have no performance issues playing wow in 64 bit.
    Maybe spend a bit and upgrade to a modern computer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    I'm in a similar boat. Granted no one can know for sure you're innocent other than yourself so saying "I didnt cheat" doesnt really prove anything. I got permabanned as well. I've narrowed it down to the following:

(1) One of my friends is a filthy cheater and I'm getting banned by association for grouping with them.
    (2) I use a macro on my G405 logitech mouse software to spam left clicks (useful for curbing gaming related athritis when spamming markers on the minimap). http://i.imgur.com/fUDyFGJ.png
    (3) A few days ago (my last HOTS game) I experienced crippling in-game only lag for the first time. I was not alone in this, my friend Nail was getting it as well, albeit not to the severity I was. It was late and the lag made me frustrated which is something I'm usually good at avoiding when playing online games at my age. Anyways, due to me being sleepy and barely being able to play due to how lag is tied to FPS (as if you're playing a stream in HOTS, which is the only way I can accurately describe the mechanic of the lag in HOTS) I was playing worse than normal. I decided to just shut off my PC and go to bed. I voiced this to my friends on teamspeak that I was done and that the bot that takes over when a player disconnects would play better than me. So I alt+f4'd and went to sleep. That was a few days ago and now I am banned.
    using the automated macro function of your keyboard is bannable.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    using the automated macro function of your keyboard is bannable.
    I hold a button on my mouse and it hits left-click in succession. There is no automated mouse movements or anything fancy. Hold button --> left click is tapped. Because click left click all day wrecks my fingers after a while.

Try one of these:

Altz UI

It's most definitely the mouse click thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    It's most definitely the mouse click thing.
    They would straight up perma me for using my gaming software for clicking? Not to mention all I would use it for would be for holding alt and then holding my mouse's macro button to announce defends and such (alt + button over a fort for example).

Try one of these:

Altz UI

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Read the title rather than doubting OP. Has anyone else been banned.
    haven't touched their moba, but with every ban often many wrong bans happen. And yes 1% on a 50k ban is enough.
    So far I've had 4 unjust bans, and my brother well.. Who evens counts them for him anymore. All of the bans for me AND him were appealed and we were all unjust banned.

They do mistakes, just more than you think. People just need to get this In their head. Just because it hasn't happened to you or your closest friend, means absolutely nothing. It might still be happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Supakaiser View Post
    They would straight up perma me for using my gaming software for clicking? Not to mention all I would use it for would be for holding alt and then holding my mouse's macro button to announce defends and such (alt + button over a fort for example).
    Just appeal it. They might have thought you used it to afk. But you've clearly done other stuff while gaming so they can see that and they'll just unbann you. Nothing wrong with a macro like that. I have many script ish macros and they're just fine. Though no automatics.

And as far as I am aware blizzard doesn't mind Logitech shit .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Read the title rather than doubting OP. Has anyone else been banned.
    haven't touched their moba, but with every ban often many wrong bans happen. And yes 1% on a 50k ban is enough.
    So far I've had 4 unjust bans, and my brother well.. Who evens counts them for him anymore. All of the bans for me AND him were appealed and we were all unjust banned.

They do mistakes, just more than you think. People just need to get this In their head. Just because it hasn't happened to you or your closest friend, means absolutely nothing. It might still be happening.

- - - Updated - - -

Just appeal it. They might have thought you used it to afk. But you've clearly done other stuff while gaming so they can see that and they'll just unbann you. Nothing wrong with a macro like that. I have many script ish macros and they're just fine. Though no automatics.

And as far as I am aware blizzard doesn't mind Logitech shit .
    Yeah I sent in an appeal asap. Hopefully this gets overturned.

Try one of these:

Altz UI

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Just appeal it. They might have thought you used it to afk.
    Yes, get in touch with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butthurt Beluga View Post
    I thought these bans went out for the rampant maphacks that were going on as of recent?

Seen a lot of people using them honestly, I wonder how they'd detect such a thing without using some form of malware as apparently these exploits are rooted as far back as SC2 with the engine.
    Map hacks? o.O

Didn't know they existed. What advantages do they give people?