Thread: Big Dog food

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    feed it roasted draenei.
    or you could just go with purina.
    but i prefer ground draenei.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    I was a Vet Tech when I was in the Military, so I do know a few things. Also, you can do your own googling on giving your dogs leftovers. It's not as bad as you think, so long as you know the 'do's and dont's'.
    Fair enough, it's not that I disbelieve you or think you are incorrect. I'm just wary of people saying "don't listen to that, I do x with my x and my x is fine".

I wasn't referring specifically to the leftovers, as that's such an ambiguous meal that it's pretty easy to work out it would depend entirely on what you were eating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    All her meals consist of dark chocolate.
    as a former dog owner this enrages me. the hell is wrong with you? your essentially poisoning your dog.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    as a former dog owner this enrages me. the hell is wrong with you? your essentially poisoning your dog.
    He's kidding, obviously.

As for the other people - there is nothing wrong with leftovers. There are just a few things you want to avoid, like onions, garlic, shellfish. Things like plain meat or a cut up french fry or a hot dog or whatever isn't going to hurt your dog. Hell, half of the dog breeds eat their own shit.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    He said he had a collar on. I think he means stray like loose, not with it's owners.
    That's what I meant. What if it had just returned on his own? Just bagging a dog seems kinda weird to me, unless he's seen him around a couple of times.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this even a subject?
    Dogs and cats eat whatever I eat.... If they don't eat it, I probably shouldn't eat it, if I don't eat it, they probably won't eat it...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    Dogs and cats eat whatever I eat.... If they don't eat it, I probably shouldn't eat it, if I don't eat it, they probably won't eat it...
    I hope you're not a vegetarian as you would kill your cat quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Certainly not ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post

This is how I decided to never eat salad again! If its not good enough for my dog its not good enough for me.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    when it came to cat food I always bought evo, and there it truly makes a huge difference (for cats). Since cats don't have such a large system, like dogs they can't process grains and crap which sooooo much cat food is made up.

Evo typically is my go to and their ingredient list is quite agreeable(dog food ingredients):

http://www.evopet.com/products/1581
    The dog food even looks great, but that would put me in the poor house. My big dog eats 9 cups of food a day, and that's some mighty expensive food.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    My mom was a veterinarian for a long time, and the surge in near-death cats being fed vegan/vegetarian diets was infuriating. They're carnivores! You can't feed a carnivore a vegetarian diet!

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    What makes you think it was actually a stray? Maybe he lived 2 streets down? Or did you find him in some wood?

For starters, Bhuloo appeared a bit dirty and banged up. I figured if he live two streets down and just got loose, that he would've looked a bit better. I also searched high and low for the owner, not only where I found him, but also a few streets down. Asked neighbors in the area and they claimed that they'd never seen the dog before.

Either way, the owner called me this morning and I gave em back when i got off of work. Was able to name off specific features about his appearance and collar, so it was fair to assume it was the owner. Lived about quite a ways from where I found him.

- - - Updated - - -

Bigz, send me a picture of the dog as well as where you found him and when. Include any info on distinguishing marks and if he is neutered or not. I volunteer on numerous Facebook pages for helping reunite lost pets with their owners.

I know it can be a hard decision to give him up, but remember, he probably belongs to a family that misses him. We've had a lot of pets go missing over the 4th of July weekend (pets getting scared of fireworks and running off), so it's possible that's what happened with this dog.

I reunited a lost Golden Retriever (a dog I used to own) with his owners. It took 6 months of searching and I eventually found them. Also, remember - dogs are considered property and States in the U.S. have property laws. You can't just keep a dog that you find (not saying that's what you're doing).

This. Turns out the dog is quite old and got spooked. Pftt....My name for him as a lot better. Finding out it was Champ ruined Bhuloo for me.

I reunited a lost Golden Retriever (a dog I used to own) with his owners. It took 6 months of searching and I eventually found them.
    I wondered what happened with that. What was their excuse regarding the dog? :/ Considering the lack of updated contact info and no microchip information, as well as the poor state you found him in, I am not sure they deserved their dog back, based on what you told us.

Generally speaking I agree with the point about having a family that misses the pet and that it's important to find the original owner, but it's also good to keep in mind the state you found the dog in first, especially if the dog was obviously neglected/abused.

Deleted
    feed it cats.

They said he dug underneath their fence and just ran off. Said he usually always comes back but didn't this time, so they thought he was stolen. I had him for 6 months before they happened to come across one of my "Found Dog" ads and called me.

They drove from South Carolina to Massachusetts to come get him.
    :/ To me, it is very telling when a dog runs off from a home, assuming it's not trying to find its owner and the animal is spayed/neutered. Especially a dog like a Golden Retriever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    :/ To me, it is very telling when a dog runs off from a home, assuming it's not trying to find its owner and the animal is spayed/neutered. Especially a dog like a Golden Retriever.

IDK, the dog I had was as chill as ever, but active as shit at the same time. Dogs be cray.

Back to being a lone wolf in a "bachelor pad"

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    IDK, the dog I had was as chill as ever, but active as shit at the same time. Dogs be cray.

Back to being a lone wolf in a "bachelor pad"
    Well some breeds are prone to wanderlust, especially if they're not spayed/neutered and not exercised enough...males can smell a female in heat a mile off. Goldens are just not one of them.

If you have the time/energy for a dog, you should get one Mine is a wonderful addition to my life, don't know how I managed without her.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well some breeds are prone to wanderlust, especially if they're not spayed/neutered and not exercised enough...males can smell a female in heat a mile off. Goldens are just not one of them.

If you have the time/energy for a dog, you should get one Mine is a wonderful addition to my life, don't know how I managed without her.
    Meh, don't think I could spend the time or have the patience training one. This one was already trained and not too difficult, and great company for the day I had him.

Maybe in a couple of years i'll nab a bigger dog. Family had cocker spaniels, so it was a new experience having a big dog go Dino when I walked in the door.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    For starters, Bhuloo appeared a bit dirty and banged up. I figured if he live two streets down and just got loose, that he would've looked a bit better. I also searched high and low for the owner, not only where I found him, but also a few streets down. Asked neighbors in the area and they claimed that they'd never seen the dog before.

Either way, the owner called me this morning and I gave em back when i got off of work. Was able to name off specific features about his appearance and collar, so it was fair to assume it was the owner. Lived about quite a ways from where I found him.

- - - Updated - - -

This. Turns out the dog is quite old and got spooked. Pftt....My name for him as a lot better. Finding out it was Champ ruined Bhuloo for me.
    Glad you were able to get him back home.

10+ Year Old Account

what breed is it?