Need a doctor's advice - broke my scaphoid bone in my wrist.

On the 4th I broke my scaphoid bone in my wrist. It happened on vacation and both the doctors where I was staying and the ones here at home have said its a very problematic fracture because its the slowest healing bone in the body.

Yesterday I received a removable cast (only for showering). Today when I was taking it off, I was pulling my wrist out of it and it gave my thumb a good squeeze onto my hand (im not supposed to be moving my thumb). It caused some moderate pain for a moment then stopped, then there was some slight tingling/numbess but that has also faded since I got out of the shower. Its also slightly swollen, but thats probably relatively normal.

Should I be very concerned about this? I'm not trying to go to the ER after just seeing my doctor yesterday (and our follow up isnt for 5 weeks); but I don't want to sit in this cast for 4 weeks only to find out that it healed improperly because the bone moved or something when this happened. I figure if it moved too badly I'd just be in constant pain..

Also - its my right wrist. Is it still okay to use my mouse moderately as long as im moving my arm and not my actual wrist? Can't really move my wrist due to the cast anyway..but again, they didn't really provide me with too much information on what I shouldn't do with it. The cast is open fingered and they did tell me I could use my fingers just not my thumb.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Against TOS to ask for medical advice. Go to a doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you considered seeing a doctor? I hear they give great medical advice.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Here is some good advice.

go see a real doctor in person everyone on the internet will just say your broken bone is a result of aids cancer super cancer or aidscer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Talk. To. A. Doctor. Don't take advice from random strangers who say they're doctors and fill you with bullshit medical jargon. Just schedule an appointment and get it checked out. Make like Lebeouf and JUST DO IT.

Don't be an idiot. Go and see a bloody doctor.

needs doctors advice on a gaming forum instead of going to a doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Such threads getting closed, since there is no way to receive proper feedback here.
    Go seek medical attention, end of the story really.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    lol..........
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

its 3 am there is no 'going to a doctor' unless its the ER and I don't believe thats neccessary. This is more a thread asking for advice from people with some medical background or from peoples experience who have also broke their wrists. Obviously i take what is said here with a grain of salt, but I'm still curious to see what people say. Its fine though, I posted on reddit instead. Not so nazi there.

7+ Year Old Account
    I ask my doctor about my DPS rotation all the time, what's the problem here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    its 3 am there is no 'going to a doctor' unless its the ER and I don't believe thats neccessary. This is more a thread asking for advice from people with some medical background or from peoples experience who have also broke their wrists. Obviously i take what is said here with a grain of salt, but I'm still curious to see what people say. Its fine though, I posted on reddit instead. Not so nazi there.
    I hear doctors have medical backgrounds. They like to hang out in emergency rooms at night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    I ask my doctor about my DPS rotation all the time, what's the problem here?
    No wonder your DPS sucks, when you ask the healer for advice.

Hey, I'm a doctor.
    My advise would be to amputate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    No wonder your DPS sucks, when you ask the healer for advice.
    "Surging Mist every GCD you have energy for it"
    I HAVE MANA, DAMNIT!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Quote Originally Posted by Mifuyne View Post
    Hey, I'm a doctor.
    My advise would be to amputate.
    I don't think you're a real doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    i I posted on reddit instead. Not so nazi there.
    you sure it's your wrist you hurt?

FFS... there is no way to give you any credible advice because bone fractured vary and proper care is only possible after professional evaluation of the body part.
    If it hurts, take some Ibuprofen and go see a doc in a few hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    you sure it's your wrist you hurt?

FFS... there is no way to give you any credible advice because bone fractured vary and proper care is only possible after professional evaluation of the body part.
    If it hurts, take some Ibuprofen and go see a doc in a few hours.
    Hopefully his thumb doesn't die and fall off or something while he's not getting help on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully his thumb doesn't die and fall off or something while he's not getting help on the internet.
    you thumb nazi

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow threads like this here. You need to seek help from a qualified professional