Question about Allure for Arch

Am I correct in assuming once he starts casting Allure, we can start moving and we don't have to wait for the green circles to appear on the floor? That once he casts allure, it's where you are standing at the time he starts his cast is where the fire goes?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've shifted during the cast of allure and had a circle at my new position when it actually happened. It's when he finishes the cast that the fire targets people and moves.

You want to start moving as he finishes casting.

Quote Originally Posted by EzG View Post
    I've shifted during the cast of allure and had a circle at my new position when it actually happened. It's when he finishes the cast that the fire targets people and moves.
    Are you sure it wasn't fire from someone else. I've been always running the second he starts casting fire, by the time he's done casting it I am already at the next marker and no fire under me or beyond where the rest of the fire is spawning.. So was I just super lucky in our 10 attempts that Arch decided to not spawn fire on me? Would love to hear from more people who have been playing around with this.. Just trying to figure out how to help the healers from not going oom.

He doesn't spawn it on everyone. Usually picks like a third of the ranged.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well you could research a few arch kill vids and pay super close attention to melee/range positioning for the allures. Either way starting to run before it comes out is a great strategy to remove the chance people my tunnel into several stacks of a fire debuff.

The relocation of the Fire targets range-clumps. If 20People stand on one spot and one person stand on the other side of the room, no Fire will spawn on the single Person.
    So if you start running by yourself, nothing will happen. If half of the raid moves early the other half gets screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reloe View Post
    The relocation of the Fire targets range-clumps. If 20People stand on one spot and one person stand on the other side of the room, no Fire will spawn on the single Person.
    So if you start running by yourself, nothing will happen. If half of the raid moves early the other half gets screwed.
    Running early would be an issue. A raid leader or whoever who could simply call "run" would be sufficient enough for the range and melee to start moving in w/e direction at the same time to their new area until the next allure.

I didn't say that its ok if you run early, just saying that one person doesn't make a difference :P

This is odd. Do you know the threshold at different raid sizes? I was in on some normal Archimonde attempts in a 12-man raid, ran to the edge of the fel lava before one Allure, and 5 patches targeted me with no one else around that spot. The ranged were still clumped at the time but had begun to move as the cast finished.

Deleted
    That's just not true. You can easily get patches if you're all alone and the raid is stacked up.

The relocation of the Fire targets range-clumps.
    So where are the strats where you don't stack so you never get hit by fire ever?

Well it obviously depends on raid-size, never did Archimonde with less than 20People in the raid.
    We just stay spread for the first allure and it picks 2-3 random locations. For the rest of the fight we always stack up for allure and if one person is outside because he just broke shackles for example he NEVER got targeted by it.
    To the most recent question: If you don't stack up it obviously targets single-persons so it "prefers" clumps. Alos "range"-clumps was probably misleading since it can target anyone.

I transcendenced like 30 yards away from him by accident and had a single doomfire circle moved right under me as the cast finished. Rest of the raid was stacked in Melee (phase2) and they got the rest of the circles. So yeah, moving too early can potentially fuck you up.
    Last edited by Sonrisa; 2015-07-22 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    He doesn't spawn it on everyone. Usually picks like a third of the ranged.
    Actually it depends on the amount of fire accumulated