Enh shaman coming back to raid, looking for tips to reach optimize DPS

Hello friends,

I've been away from WoW for a long time (last raided in DS), and I decided to come back to the game about 2.5 weeks ago. I decided to join a casual guild with my gf because we have a family and don't want to go all out hardcore raiding 20 hours a week. Regardless, I'm still a min/max'er at heart, but also I'm usually a main healer and I'm getting to play (mostly) DPS this patch.

Back to the main point of this post :

I started raiding this tuesday and I've been struggling with low DPS. My gear is not very good as I've only hit lv100 about a week and a half ago (ilvl671) but I'm still wondering if part of the problem is behind the keyboard and not my bad gear.

Here's my armory profile : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ulkar/advanced

Here are the logs of my raiding so far : https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ss=0&bracket=1

Tried a different spec on the second night of raiding but it didn't seem to change the dps much tbh. I'm open to all criticism, relative to my gearing choice, my rotation, my spec, etc. Shed some light on my terrible DPS!
    Last edited by justicewoot; 2015-07-09 at 04:14 PM.

Hey man, when doing those I'm always super serious so don't take any of these personally, what I'm saying is for the sake of you getting better.
    ----------

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/enhance...-pve-dps-guide
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ement-in-6-0-3
    Read those two guides, don't be a smartass thinking "heh I don't need guides" - it'll take 20, perhaps 30 minutes to read those but after that you'll be 95% good. That being said, I'll still take a quick look at your logs.

- first thing you should do is realize that you're 671ilvl with pretty much shit gear, so of course you'll do low damage.
    - 2nd thing is forget about elemental fusion/elemental blast, don't touch those until you master the rotation. You'll want to go Echo/PE/LM or maybe AS if you want to have a good learning curve
    - enchant your weapons with bleeding hollow and warsong

- you never pre-pot, you should learn about pre-pot: basically you drink an agi potion ~1-2 seconds before the fight starts so it goes on CD immediatly, if you're not in combat when you drink a potion, it'll go on CD but you keep the buff! allowing you for insane burst damage. You can still use another potion during the fight, make sure you also flask up
    - you don't seem to be using all your cds on the pull, your opening should be this: -4 seconds: UE, -2.5 seconds: feral spirit, -1 second: potion + Fire Elemental ///boss pull///Flame shock, Stormstrike - Ascendance - Stormstrike, Lava Lash. If you're using Echo, it should be Ascendance-Stormstrike-Lava Lash, Stormstrike, Lava Lash, LB
    and then you follow the rest of the priority.
    - Liquid Magma is your top priority, use it as soon as it comes up

Gonna stop there but there are a lot of other stuff too. Come back when you'll get more gear and a better feel for the rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Stand View Post
    Hey man, when doing those I'm always super serious so don't take any of these personally, what I'm saying is for the sake of you getting better.
    ----------

http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/enhance...-pve-dps-guide
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ement-in-6-0-3
    Read those two guides, don't be a smartass thinking "heh I don't need guides" - it'll take 20, perhaps 30 minutes to read those but after that you'll be 95% good. That being said, I'll still take a quick look at your logs.

- first thing you should do is realize that you're 671ilvl with pretty much shit gear, so of course you'll do low damage.
    - 2nd thing is forget about elemental fusion/elemental blast, don't touch those until you master the rotation. You'll want to go Echo/PE/LM or maybe AS if you want to have a good learning curve
    - enchant your weapons with bleeding hollow and warsong

- you never pre-pot, you should learn about pre-pot: basically you drink an agi potion ~1-2 seconds before the fight starts so it goes on CD immediatly, if you're not in combat when you drink a potion, it'll go on CD but you keep the buff! allowing you for insane burst damage. You can still use another potion during the fight, make sure you also flask up
    - you don't seem to be using all your cds on the pull, your opening should be this: -4 seconds: UE, -2.5 seconds: feral spirit, -1 second: potion + Fire Elemental ///boss pull///Flame shock, Stormstrike - Ascendance - Stormstrike, Lava Lash. If you're using Echo, it should be Ascendance-Stormstrike-Lava Lash, Stormstrike, Lava Lash, LB
    and then you follow the rest of the priority.
    - Liquid Magma is your top priority, use it as soon as it comes up

Gonna stop there but there are a lot of other stuff too. Come back when you'll get more gear and a better feel for the rotation
    Thanks for the good info, I've read those guides already in order to determine stats/priority list. I completely forgot about the pre-pot! I currently am using the build you've recommended and it seems like it's the easiest to optimize in terms of rotation. Also agreed with the warsong enchant... I'm just waiting to get a better weapon to enchant since I'm so poor.

I will try to work on my opener as you've mentionned. It's a bit hectic right now because of my hotkeys, so I will try to fix this before my raid tonight. Thanks for taking the time to answer me!

Pleasure is mine, man. Always happy to see someone wanting to try Enhancement.

Keybinds are definitely a good first part, all your CDs and main rotation must be keybinded. Try consciously working on your opening on every fight "ok I do this and then this and this", force yourself to learn it, after maybe 1-2 full raids the opening will flow very easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Stand View Post
    If you're using Echo, it should be Ascendance-Stormstrike-Lava Lash, Stormstrike, Lava Lash, LB and then you follow the rest of the priority.
    If you're using Echo you still Stormstrike once before popping Ascendance as it will give you another charge of Windlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Elevyn View Post
    If you're using Echo you still Stormstrike once before popping Ascendance as it will give you another charge of Windlash.
    Yes. Of course.

Deleted
    Try using "Hekili" it's basicly a rotiation helper and very useful to track your next few moves. Just be sure to untag Cooldowns in the addon to make it easier to use, since you will hold EM and eventually your Racial for your next Ascendance .

for you

English is not my first language but i will try my best to help you being a better SHAMMY! First of all u should never use liquid magma for single target use storm elemental ..use elemental mastery as your tier 4 you should always use it why spirit wolfe it share the same cooldown 2min.. i dont want to explain more because it would take 3 day because im really bad haha... im not allowes to post link yet.. but go see preach gamming video on youtube he do evry class guide for pve he made a pretty solid guide video for enh shamm .. good luck

Quote Originally Posted by wunsh View Post
    English is not my first language but i will try my best to help you being a better SHAMMY! First of all u should never use liquid magma for single target use storm elemental ..use elemental mastery as your tier 4 you should always use it why spirit wolfe it share the same cooldown 2min.. i dont want to explain more because it would take 3 day because im really bad haha... im not allowes to post link yet.. but go see preach gamming video on youtube he do evry class guide for pve he made a pretty solid guide video for enh shamm .. good luck
    None this is correct for Enhancement; Liquid Magma is good for Single Target more often than Storm Elemental is, Echo of the Elements out-performs Elemental mastery in a lot of situations.

Thank you wordup

Quote Originally Posted by wordup View Post
    None this is correct for Enhancement; Liquid Magma is good for Single Target more often than Storm Elemental is, Echo of the Elements out-performs Elemental mastery in a lot of situations.
    So should I drop "Airon" then? I don't mind LM but I thought SET was better single target.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerWildstar View Post
    So should I drop "Airon" then? I don't mind LM but I thought SET was better single target.
    LM and EF will both more consistently outDPS SET in single target, yes.