Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Wondering if anyone even read the quote or article.

The article says there will be no drag performances, meaning no floats, no assembled groups, etc. As I read it, they will still be able to participate or attend.
    No they're actually putting them in gas chambers and hypocrisy hypocrisy hypocrisy. That means all gay causes are now invalid right?
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Facebook is the ideal tool for meeting women, so no to that.

I missed the other one though, I expect I'd be grateful for doing so as well if I find out what it is.
    Trust me you don't want to know. I'll mention one word: tumblr

Quote Originally Posted by Aylashae View Post
    Color me confused, but does it not require intent to offend in such matters? Some peoples being that way, dressing in drag, is the first steps to being transgender right? Or more so how Gays enjoy their own life? o.o
    No, drag is a completely different category from transgender. One would be transgender first and foremost. Most people who do "drag" do not see themselves as the opposite gender. Transgenders are a gender different from their birth gender.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    I must admit I can't really wrap my head around it properly myself, a sexuality spectrum is something that's fairly simple to understand but a gender spectrum does confuse me.
    With good reason. Gender is made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikesglory View Post
    Drag acts are usually actually hetero males or gay males, transgender people generally aren't huge fans of it.
    Actually many "drag queens" are transgenders. This is a fringe group that is opposed to perceived insults.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittleBeast View Post
    Dressing in drag does not mean a person is trangender, neither is it a step to becoming a transgendered person. There are no step to becoming who you are.
    From those i know, it allows them and others to understand them more. And to ease those around them in understanding who they are. Its abit offensive to wake up one day then wear pink frilly things massive makeup and hand flipping singing ~Faboulus~ then to experience the style and being who you want to be or are.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    They have a point here, aren't drag queens basically mocking real transgender people?
    As a transgender person, no. No more then a woman wearing trousers.

The reaction from the rest of the LGBTQ community has been negative, as Drag Queens are often considered part of the greater group even if they aren't trans, gay or bi themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Wondering if anyone even read the quote or article.

The article says there will be no drag performances, meaning no floats, no assembled groups, etc. As I read it, they will still be able to participate or attend.
    "You can show up in drag, but we won't support it because you're terrible and we discriminate against you".
    That's essentially the message they've put forth.

Tumblr invented the modern concept of gender in 1972 and the world has never been the same since.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    well I'm sure trans women have a problem with being compared to drag queens.
    Depends. Some might be, but some people will always be offended regardless of the situation.

Personally? I think most Drag Queens are fabulous. Some are awful human beings, but find me a group that doesn't have a bad minority.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxxor View Post
    They have a point here, aren't drag queens basically mocking real transgender people?
    I'm not sure what drag queens are like in Scotland. But in the US, its not a mockery at all. That's like calling all transvestites a mockery because they don't want to undergo surgery or don't fully identify as a different sex. Quite honestly its very ignorant of that pride commitee.

"non binary caucus"

What does this mean? I understood what a 'trans' is, but I've never heard of that.
    Someone who's gender-fluid, or enjoys both aspects of gender identity. Basically an Androgynous personality, put into very vague terms.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    With good reason. Gender is made up.
    This thread started out amusing, now it's confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    Depends. Some might be, but some people will always be offended regardless of the situation.

Personally? I think most Drag Queens are fabulous. Some are awful human beings, but find me a group that doesn't have a bad minority.
    And, admittedly, being an awful human being is some of their schtick.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLittleBeast View Post
    And if you do assume, and are corrected, assimilate your world view and respectfully referred to them as they want to be referred to as.
    Yes. Most reasonably people act in this fashion. Personally I only get annoyed when I correct someone and they continue using the incorrect term.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    "non binary caucus"

What does this mean? I understood what a 'trans' is, but I've never heard of that.
    Honestly, we should have never allowed SJW into the LGBT community.

Non-binary is the new term for transgender.

Transgender Deifintion

Quote Originally Posted by dictionary
    transgender
    [trans-jen-der, tranz‐]
    IPA Syllables

adjective, Also, transgendered
    1. noting or relating to a person whose gender identity does not correspond to that person’s biological sex assigned at birth: the transgender movement;
    transgender rights.
    2. noting or relating to a person who does not conform to societal gender norms or roles.

noun
    3. a person who is transgender.

nonbinary definition

Quote Originally Posted by UrbanDictionary
    Nonbinary refers to any gender that is not exclusively male or female. A similar term is genderqueer.
    Some common nonbinary gender identities include: agender, bigender, genderfluid, androgyne, and neutrois.
    It is usually considered to be under the transgender umbrella, and some nonbinary people will also identify as trans.
    The reality, Transgender is the umbrella term for anyone who is not 100% following traditional gender roles.

This includes:
    • Transexuals - (outdated term meaning changing your physical sex) replaced with just Transgender, ie I'm a Transwoman, aka Transgender Woman
    • Transwoman/Transman - use to be called transsexuals
    • Gender Queer, girly men and manly women. Tom Boy is the old term.
    • Crossdressers, someone who wears clothing of the opposite gender
    • Drag Queen/king someone who cross dresses for performance art, or other professional reasons.

Places where you may not realize people are falling in to the trans category.

Women who wear pants and tee shirts are technically cross dressed.
    Gothic, and Heavy metal Music artists are often crossdressed on stage.
    Fans of both cross dress often without realizing it.
    Halloween costumes. ect

This thread started out amusing, now it's confusing.
    Don't worry about it too much. I generally let people go off on their own tangents if it suits them and isn't hurting me, even if its flying right over my head.

But yes, gender is a confusing conversation. And an uncomfortable one. For everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aylashae View Post
    From those i know, it allows them and others to understand them more. And to ease those around them in understanding who they are. Its abit offensive to wake up one day then wear pink frilly things massive makeup and hand flipping singing ~Faboulus~ then to experience the style and being who you want to be or are.
    Sure I agree but performing drag isn't a direct alternative to that. People ease into their true self in various ways.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Good thing these kind of people have no influence in japan, what would I do without my precious otokonoko culture?

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Austilias View Post
    You're on MMO-Champion. If you wanted intellectual and engaging conversation, you came to the wrong neighbourhood.
    Actually the reverse is true, yes there are trolls here, obviously, but for the most part people here can be very articulate about a subject. I would say the average poster on MMO-C has a slightly higher than average IQ.